Favourite moment in mma?

To name a few:
Zhang beating the human out of JJ (Nothing against JJ, I enjoy watching both fight, but thought it was something to see)
Diaz vs Gomi
Wandy vs Rampage
Ben Rothwell's post fight interview laugh
GSP's "I'm not empressed"
BJ licking the blood off his gloves
Most times Chael got the mic
Vitor getting crane kicked by both Anderson and Lyoto courtesy of the teaching of Master Seagal

Zhang winning the belt is IMO an under-appreciated moment. It’s very cool any time a local fighter wins a big fight in a fresh market. Sotiropoulos running a BJJ clinic on Stevenson while the Australian crowd ate it up comes to mind. TKZ picking apart and stopping Edgar in Busan is up there too. But nothing tops the Chinese crowd when Zhang hurt Andrade and then moved in for the kill. Incredible.

Watching GSP knee Matt Serra into submission at UFC 83 in Montreal. The atmosphere was insane...the building shook on his walkout, and again when he won.

Some people would say when serra tko’d Gsp in their first fight. My god, im sure some lucky bastard won big money with those odds

Post smesh Eagle ShoryuKen

JwF70jB.gif

I like birds.

Fuck Khabib did literally nothing there lol, didn't even graze him.

When Aldo beat Jeremy Stephens. He had been coming off his back to back losses to Holloway. And just a fight before those, his infamous ko delivered by McGregor.

“he’s washed up”
“If he losses this he should retire”
“He’s no good anymore”

you know the doubt had creeped into his head, you could tell just from his reaction to the win. He delivered one of the most brutal body shots I’ve ever seen in my life. I don’t think I’ve ever been so happy for a fighter to get a non title win.
DjPLyhKVAAEEs16.0.jpg

0e854f6d4f40249d46b218af6a127221
usa_today_10992015.1532828944.jpg

Aldo after that Conor loss has been one of those guys that I'm super happy for when he wins. I was always a fan of his and happy to see him win but at times there was some doubt that he could comeback from that after such a long reign of dominance. The Stephens and Moicano wins were awesome and he hasn't really looked too bad at all in his losses to Holloway and Yan. He likely doesn't have the same resilience and gastank as he did in the past but he's still highly skilled and dangerous and puts up a ton of effort even in losses. Aldo is amazing.

Might be when Franky came back against Maynard. I thought maynard was putting him away at least 3 times in that fight. That heart made me a lifelong fan.

This. This plus is probably second to GSP clobbering, battering, then making Bisping dieded.

Thompson spin kicking the shit out of Hendricks into a bag of shit on the floor. I literally laughed that entire fight watching Johnny walk forward into a meat grinder over and over. God damn Johnny is stupid.

Thompson spin kicking the shit out of Hendricks into a bag of shit on the floor. I literally laughed that entire fight watching Johnny walk forward into a meat grinder over and over. God damn Johnny is stupid.

That reminds something I’ve repeatedly enjoyed, which is the moments when someone with a transitional martial arts background comes in and starts clowning people.

Maia ragdolling Chael right into a triangle. Machida’s perfect run to the title (Thiago Silva and Evans being my favorite moments), Wonderboy’s run to the title (Hendricks, Ellenberg, Whittaker), etc.

It’s always so fun when that approach works.

Just rewatched Maia vs Sonnen. So much subtle hilarity in that broadcast. Maia’s corner doing that hilarious yell Brazilian corners always do when their guy lands and kick or punch, only they were doing it when Maia would advance a position. Goldy eagerly repeating a story about Maia throwing opponents off by doing all his BJJ left handed and Rogan totally no-selling it. Great quick rewatch.

Dunno if I ever experienced more joy from a fight than this. Cro Cop was losing pretty badly as well.​

Back