• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Favorite non firearm Home defense weapon

Hefty Lefty and Mighty Righty. :cool:

Gabriel Nix said:
Trebuchet end of story

Incendiary pitch shot form medieval cannon pwns le trebuchet!!!!!:icon_twis:icon_twis:icon_twis

my 100lbs dog mix breed dalmation\german sheppard

or beat down the burgler myself

pitfighter1 said:
my 100lbs dog mix breed dalmation\german sheppard

or beat down the burgler myself

also

knife
chair wooden or steel
bat
dumbbell
chain wallet

White Snake said:
Baseball bat
Kitchen knife
Steel chair

You have a steel chair in your house? That plus your AV has me thinking you're some sort of pro wrestler walking around his house with a folding chair. :p just messing with you.

Stun guns work pretty good. If somebody grabs your door knob, zap the knob on your side. The jolt will trave though the knob and knock them on their ass. They won't touch that door knob again.

My unsharpened Katana i keep in my car trunk
can bruise with a full swing

It takes a really determined intruder to bother entering a house with a barking dog. Should be all the deterrent you need.

Granted, if someone is hell-bent on entering your particular house a dog is easy to stop with a bullet. Bottom line is that it's like having 'The Club' locked onto your car's steering wheel. It's not really very hard to get past if you want to but it makes you a harder target than the non-equipped car parked next to you.

My home is probably suitably defended by the well trained Belgian Malinois that resides there.

KOU In3 said:
My home is probably suitably defended by the well trained Belgian Malinois that resides there.

i doubt you let your malinois have the run of the house. he'll eat everything.

ME!

Nah,just kidding.Not allowed dogs where we are so have to go with a good set of locks to start and then the wife when shes got PMT....

A good set of locks and I keep a weapon in each room,at least something that can be adapted to use for self defence in all rooms of the house,mainly clubbing weapons because I have kids that are into everything and I don't trust them with bladed weapons around,I don't mind them hitting themselves over the head with a stick/pipe but cutting themselves is a different issue...don't want them becoming EMO's or self harmers...

If it wasn't for kids I would have a bladed weapon in each room of the house like I used to.Better to have them and not need them than need them and not have them.

Full sized maglight and knife. Used to keep an axe next to the bed. Now I just keep the colt on my nightstand.

Back