Favorite - Metal Gear Solid game

What's so hard about The End? I'd sneak up behind him, shoot, he'd run. Rinse and repeat.

I liked it a lot. Maybe you didn't appreciate the stuff you could do at the base?

I think it's repetitive boss battles. I didn't finish it but made it half way.

MGS2 gets too much hate. It gets better in every play through and truly the biggest step in graphical fidelity from PS1 to PS2 (well maybe FFX)

673182b774103c7d7867085338c579c7f64c3c1bbc9615a67724a131738566cd.jpg

Maybe hard isnt the right word. I didn't have trouble finding him like others did. I read it can take some an hour to take him down but I never had that experience.

MGS2 gets too much hate. It gets better in every play through and truly the biggest step in graphical fidelity from PS1 to PS2 (well maybe FFX)

Before I say this, let me say that MGS1 is a 10/10, and MGS2 is a 9/10. And there are aspects that MGS2 is clearly inferior. Though, by discussing those aspects doesn't mean it's 'hate' in the same way of discussing... say.... the ending of Mass Effect 3.

The bosses, the storyline, and level design were three of those aspects.

But as I said, it's still an awesome 9/10 game, and I don't enjoy blasting details in an overall excellent game.

I wish I still had the demo of 1 because it was the Japanese version with subs.

Playstation-PS1-Demo-OPM-US-13-PS1-Demo-OPM-13-NTSC-Disc.JPG

For me, the oil tanker level is MGS2 is the single best level in any game I've ever played. The soundtrack, the atmosphere, the graphics, everything is just perfect. I could go home and play that tonight and love it.

MGS 3 is not only the best one of the entire series, it's the best game of all time too.

After reading this thread I'm pissed that I sold my PS3 and can't play the old MG games any more. crap.

True story: the last metal gear I played was on the NES... saw friends play the mgs games and didnt really interest me.

Was it Snake's Revenge?

MG2: Solid Snake wasn't released outside of Japan until the mid 2000s. The only two MG games available on the NES were Metal Gear and the non-canonical Snake's Revenge.

All this talk is making me nostalgic. I think I'll replay the whole series again soon.

i remember playing the demo of MGS 2 a billion time. i was in shock by the graphics

Man this is a tough one. As others mentioned it's so hard to pick between 1 and 3. The first one came out when I was like 16 so the nostalgia is there. That game was so amazingly polished and ahead of it's time. Also had the best bosses imo in terms of personality.

But the third game was just so damned good as well. Awesome and innovative survival mechanics and the best bosses from a gameplay standpoint, every fight felt so unique.

Going to have to think about it more before I vote, havent played either game in years and I kind of want to now.

MGS1 is and always will be my favourite game. The ambiance, sound, plot twists, story, and characters were so far ahead of its time. I have never felt more immersed in a game than I was when I first played MGS1. I still remember getting scared as a kid during the Mantis boss fight when he was able to read my memory card and move the controller.

With that said, 3 is the most fun to play. The introduction of CQC and camo really opened up a lot of possibilities. The End boss fight to me is the most enjoyable boss battle from any game I have played. You can play it dozens of times in different ways and not get bored. Also using stealth is much simpler and more enjoyable than in the first game.

MGS2 was fine up until the tanker chapter ended and the plant chapter began. The entire plant chapter and story just seemed so lame, not to mention having to play as Raiden. I didn't like that all of the environments of the game felt like the same place. It didn't feel as open as the first and third did.

I have only played the beginning of the fourth game so I can't judge it just yet.

Back