Favorite - Metal Gear Solid game

I don't understand how people played MGS2 but then never played 3? It's on the same console!

I don't understand how people played MGS2 but then never played 3? It's on the same console!
Shows how much of a disappointment 2 really was.

2 doesn't get enough credit IMO, the first chapter (Snake on the tanker) especially, though somewhat short, is breathtaking in it's attention to detail. The game as a whole is truly awesome.

All 4 games are top notch titles.

I thought 2 was a great game and a great predecessor to 1.

All 4 are incredible games. I had to vote for 1 because I played through that game more by far then any other game I've ever played, except maybe Super Mario World. Got to the point I could run through it in a couple hours.

MGS 3 gets my vote, followed by 2.

I'm playing 4 at the minute, I like it but it's hard to get motivated for it knowing I've got about 30 minutes of cutscenes before I get to actually play the game again.

The GBC version of MGS should get some love too.

Seriously, it was a great conversion. Has a 96% on GR.

Not a fan of MGS to be honest. I voted the first one cause it's the only one I finished. Never played the 3rd or 4th and only played a bit of the 2nd.

Peacewalker is so boring. Dont get why it has so many fans.

MGS2 over 3 and 4?

Surprising.

MGS3 was the first Metal Gear Solid game I didn't beat in a single sitting.

MGS on PSX defined cinema / film style cut scenes, high quality voice acting and espionage gameplay that still to this day I think is untouched and superior to anything else in the genre.

MGS2 on PS2 took what MGS did and continued in suite with a few speed bumps. Ultimately producing an equally satisfying game with an amazing ending. I didn't even mind Raiden to be entirely honest, if anything, he made Pliskin feel more like a bad ass. Shooting watermelons was endless fun. The tanker set piece could provide countless hours of fun as well. Was such a beautiful moment in gaming when next-gen Snake finally arrived on PS2. I still to this day remember goosebumps from that Gregson soundtrack sweeping in the intro as Snake walks along the bridge. Fucking timeless.

MGS3 was also on PS2 so it had less of an impact. I also got it when it launched so it didn't have the great third person camera. The game was great though, really a top product that helped the series break into the open world formula. Subsistence is what really gave MGS3 it's edge imo. Great story, great boss fights but felt slightly longer and disjointed than the previous two games. Like I said I didn't beat in a single sitting so I think it took away from that complete experience that the previous two titles left me with. Sleepless, and just, I don't know. Blown away by next gen tech.

MGS4 on PS3 was one of my favorite games in the series. The most beautiful, most emotional MGS to date. The intro haunts me. It had homage to MGS with the Shadow Moses section, and incredible boss fights and control / CQC. Something about the ending felt achieved and worked for. It was again amazing to see Snake in the next-gen and overall it just had my jaw on the floor.

Ground Zeroes on PS4 was great. I'm 16/16 on the achievements and it was well worth the effort. Cannot wait for Phantom. Negative points for no David Hayter. Huge fucking crime, like, the worst one I could have thought of committing in the MGS universe. It's still really painful to accept.

Last edited:
I had never played any until 4. It was the first game I got for ps3 and beat. I was blown away. One of my all time favorites.

Back