Favorite Current Fighters

mschatz

Hamma: I has it
Reaction score
Needs to be done now and again

Proud Fan

1. Miguel Cotto - Love the no-nonsense, implacable attitude he brings to the fight game. he doesnt acknowledge pain, he just goes about his business. Yeah, Im taking him over Mayweather if it gets made.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=MigmBs2GCuE

2. Abner Mares - One of my favorites of the up and comers
http://youtube.com/watch?v=8nbi6mOdk2w

3. Andre Ward - Became a fan after reading "A fighters heart," and became a follower after moving to the bay. Gotta support the local boy.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=oz1m3L7lLHU

4. John Duddy - His career's going to be limited if he keeps taking beatings along with his victories (and he will), but he's hellova lot of fun to watch.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=elzHBvhnSoQ&feature=related

5. Shane Mosley - How can you not be a fan? Nicest guy in the sport.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=bJGzq5g63MQ

Grudging Respect

1. Pauli Malignaggi - Hate guidos, but he showed he's got heart from the beating he took against Cotto

2. Floyd Mayweather - I recognize the genius, but tough to be a fan of someone who acts like such an asshole, even if its contrived.

Proud Hater

1. Joel Casamayor - Not really his fault, but never liked his style, and the gift he got against Santa Cruz soured me.

2. Zab Judah - All the tools, but a complete head case

My favourite fighter would have to be Joe Calzaghe, a great champion. I love his unorthodox style & his reign at the top has to be respected. It's going to be great if he signs off with two big wins.

Others I like are:

Joan Guzman- first time I saw him fight I thought he was amazing, I wanna see him vs either Katsidis or Pacman.

David Haye- been following him for a long while, world-class power & I think he'll become Heavyweight champion.

Amir Khan- he's going to be a world-class fighter I'm sure.

Gamboa- I'm just dying to see more of this guy, awesome talent.

I've got great respect for Mayweather also, I'm glad he's getting the attention his skill warrants now. Him vs Cotto has got to happen.

Fan of Peter Quilin, Joe Greene, Sam Peter and Chris NIPPLES Arreola

I'd just like to point out my Abner Mares support from back in the day :D!

http://www.sherdog.net/forums/showthread.php?t=717966&highlight=abner+mares

now that that's done.

Proud Fan

1. Antonio Margarito- The Tijauna Tornado is looking to rebound in 08' with a remtach of previous whipping boy Kermit Cintron. Should he make kermy cry again, he takes on Cotto next.

2. Manny Pac - The p4p #2 claiment keeps rollin with his recent win over fellow p4p pundit

3. Librado Andrade - The robot seemingly impervious to pain takes on Robert Stieglitz next in what is sure to be an exciting fight. If Librado can get to you, he is exciting.

4. Daniel Ponce De Loen - Windmilling, terrible defense having, shots being winged from left field in almost everything he throws....he's still got a belt around his waist and noone including myself can figure out why....I love it.

5. Michael Katsidis - All action power puncher , cuts and bleeds profusely. Guy is basically the next In Jin Chi in the excitement department. Can't have a boring round.

6.Miguel Cotto/Shane Mosley - Two fighter who behave and fight the way a champion should. I'd watch any fight with either, regardless of what the future may hold.

7.Kelly Pavlik - having followed the ghost's career now for years, he remains one of my favorite fighers and finally recieving the respect her deserves.

Grudging Respect
1. Juan Manuel Marquez - As much crap as i've given him throughout the years, he has finally garnered my respect with his last SD against Manny.

2.Floyd Mayweather - It's not that i don't like Floyd, it's more along the lines of how people felt towards Ray Loenard. It's not a question if he's the best, it's a question of how much of his prime he lets slip away.

Hatin' on

1. Wlad Klitschko - for being the best HW in the world, and boring us to tears while doing it. At least we know what John Ruiz bring to the table.

2. Anthony Mundine - For being a clown. Seriously, another Sam Soliman rematch to set up .... oh, another Danny Green rematch? I'll be dropping Mundine out of my personal top 10 @ S.MW soon.

Glass Jaw - Good list. I should have found room to mention JMM and Margarito on mine.

I have been a die hard fan since the David Kamau fight, and win/lose Tony always brings it.

Proud Fan

1. Floyd mayweather - The best. cotto will get schooled. period. hes number 1 P4P for a reason. beaten elite competition. therefore he has a reason to be cocky. number 1.

2.Manny pacman - Just love the guys style and passion he bring to the game. alot of people say he wouldve lost if he didnt get that knock down.. but HEY IT HAPPEN suck it up.

3.Kelly pavlik - The future middleweight star IMO. kelly has the tools and power to gain alot of fans like myself.

4.Ricardo mayorga - he may not be the best. but hes sure the best at entertaining the crowd and his wreckless brawling style. gotta love it.

Grudging Respect

1. Zab judah - No comment. dirty fighter. has the skills but not the brain and manners to go with it.

2. Joe calagenz (Or whatever his damn name is, dosent really matter) - dont like his dirty talking gimmicks and how he talks down on his oppisition. at least show some respect after the fight is done if you aint showing it before hand.

Kinda suprising huh? Thought his bandwagon would have exploded by now.

im a pavlik fan. i'll keep it on the real. ever since the miranda fan i knew that guy can hit hard. and once i saw taylor fight spinks the same night i knew pavlik could outbox had the potential to beat the former champ now.

Faves at the moment, not in order:
1. Daniel Ponce Deleon
2. David Haye
3. Rafael Marquez
4. Shane Mosley
5. Mikkel Kessler
6. Andre Berto
7. Does David Tua count???
Least faves:
1. Casamayor
2. Cory Spinks
3. For some reason, I don't care for Sam Peter.

My Favorites are:

Kelly Pavlik- Love his style, always put on an exciting fight. Tons of power too.

Israel Vasquez- Absolute warrior, always puts on an exciting fight.

Pacman- Once again, puts on great fights and has tons of heart.

David Haye- Love his looping punches and quick transitions. Amazing power

Matt Godfrey- Local fighter, hope he does well in his career.

Have respect for:

Mayweather- Don't like his cockiness sometimes, but theres no denying that he's the best p4p along with pacquiao. Amazing speed and defense.

Katsidis- Exciting fighter. Don't really like his personality for some reason, but he is a warrior. I don't think he is as good as some people think though. We shall see.

Cotto- Has tons of skill, it's hard not to respect him. He could very well be the man to dethrone Mayweather, i hope the fight happens eventually. Not a huge fan, but don't dislike him either.

My favourites

1. Michael Katsidis - As an Aussie hard not to love to see this guy fight. Great action
2. Miguel Cotto - All action love watching him fight.
3. Manny Pacquaio - Another with great power and is all action
4. Yuriorkis Gambao - I've only seen 2 fights of his but he is damn impressive. Look forward to seeing more.
5. Shane Mosley - always been a fan and it's good to see he is still a strong fighter.

proud favs

shane mosley - my favorite fighter of all time along with arturo gatti. been following his career since the 135 lbs days

winky wright - love his defensive skills and his jab. might not be the most exciting fighter to watch for most but i do

edison miranda - i really enjoy watching power punchers fight. miranda happens to be one of my fav power punchers

daivid haye - for the same reasons why i like edison miranda. and im excited to see how he does at heavyweight

others i like

floyd mayweather
ricky hatton
paulie malignaggi
tito trinidad
bernard hopkins
miguel cotto

Needs to be done now and again

Proud Fan

1. Miguel Cotto - Love the no-nonsense, implacable attitude he brings to the fight game. he doesnt acknowledge pain, he just goes about his business. Yeah, Im taking him over Mayweather if it gets made.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=MigmBs2GCuE

2. Abner Mares - One of my favorites of the up and comers
http://youtube.com/watch?v=8nbi6mOdk2w

3. Andre Ward - Became a fan after reading "A fighters heart," and became a follower after moving to the bay. Gotta support the local boy.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=oz1m3L7lLHU

4. John Duddy - His career's going to be limited if he keeps taking beatings along with his victories (and he will), but he's hellova lot of fun to watch.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=elzHBvhnSoQ&feature=related

5. Shane Mosley - How can you not be a fan? Nicest guy in the sport.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=bJGzq5g63MQ

Grudging Respect

1. Pauli Malignaggi - Hate guidos, but he showed he's got heart from the beating he took against Cotto

2. Floyd Mayweather - I recognize the genius, but tough to be a fan of someone who acts like such an asshole, even if its contrived.

Proud Hater

1. Joel Casamayor - Not really his fault, but never liked his style, and the gift he got against Santa Cruz soured me.

2. Zab Judah - All the tools, but a complete head case

nice post and some interesting links :icon_chee

Oscar De La Hoya
Kelly Pavlik
Ricky Hatton
Joe Calzaghe
Antonio Margarito
Miguel Cotto
Arthur Abraham
Shane Mosley
Manny Pacquiao

*i'm starting to like Katsidis, Khan, Gamboa, Duddy

Proud Fan

Mayweather Jr.: He became my favorite fighter the day I watched him move on to the Olympic BoxOffs. I went on Easter and mom was pissed I went...but it was the US Olympic team!

I'm not a fan of the shit he pulls but its all in the name of money. Met him multiple times and he's been very very nice in the days where athletes are pricks on and off the field.

Juan Diaz: He brings it every single night. His opponent knows he's gonna have to fight to get out of the ring alive. Campbell beat his ass but Campbell had to fight Diaz in order to do so.

Sugar Shane: Cali fighter with a granite chin. Doesn't matter the weight class...Sugar will go to you and fight...unless you name is Mayweather. Seems like a great guy.

BHOP: master technician who takes the fight to levels that humans arent willing to go.

Andre Ward: very good guy. He's a local kid!

Robert Guerrero: very good guy. He's a local kid! Has a mean streak.

Winky Wright: very good guy who has a piston like jab. I love the jab and like how he moves forward.

Steven Lueveno: Fights with both hands. He's fought and won in hostile territory. Lacks power but still breaks guys down. Oh yea...always fun to watch a guy who looks 15 beat up on men.

Grudging Respect

Pacquaio: He is a killer who beat one of my all-time favorites twice BUT never in his prime...I'll leave it at that. WAR MORALES!

Proud Hater

Zab Judah: Fought at the same event I saw Mayweather. I was a fan...then throwing dice and cheating became more important. Later man.

Anyone named Klitchko. James Toney was right when he called them Frankenstein.

Mayorga...only thing I actually liked was when he was introduced to the crowd before the first Forrest fight and he kissed his bicept and then sighed like it was the sweetest tasting arm in the world. Other than that I say this...watch Menace to Society and it sums up my feelings. At the very begining the liquor store owner says" I feel sorry for your mother." Its how I feel about Mayorga.

Cory Spinks puts me to sleep.

Back