Favorite Current Fighters

No love for Oscar de la Hoya?

I'm a big fan of De La Hoya, idk how i forgot about him on my list. Great fighter, i love his personality. He doesn't talk big, he is a good sportsman. His hooks are awesome too. I'd like to see him fight mayweather again, there first fight wasn't too exciting but Mayweather doesn't allow people to make the fight exciting with his style. Not a bad thing, but his defense and speed are so good that brawlers just can't get in and bang with him.

Kinda suprising huh? Thought his bandwagon would have exploded by now.

Ya, no shit. Maybe I spoke too soon though, I feel like he should be on the top of basically anyone's list not from Ar-kansas.

+
PBF
Kelly
Liu Jin & Diego Lara
Anthony Peterson
DPDL
Juan Diaz
Izzy
Pac
Rafa

-
anyone from England

Serious answer.

Zab Judah - fastest hands in WW. Acknowledges MMA as a sport. I know from reading posts here that he basically whups way bigger guys than him in street fights, including Busta Rhymes who's about 6'4 230. I've seen the vid where he drops two bigger guys than him with one punch each. Always exciting to watch whatever he does.

I'm a big hip-hop fan. He was also in Jay-Z's Lalala video and Fat Joe's Lean Back video. He's also cousin to one of the Outlawz.

Manny Pacquiao- I'm Filipino so that's a given.

I like Ricky Hatton but I absolutely hate his style. So boring.

I used to like PBF until the Baldomir fight. Absolutely despised him before the DLH fight. As if he needed to talk all the shit he did to promote the fight. It would have sold 2 mill anyway just coz DLH was fighting, I think. And then to exploit every facet of the fight just to make it 8-4 in his favor and nothing more.

Roy jones fucking JR. And I think he will work his way up and beat Calazaghe, sealing his legacy and reitiring as the best MW ever.

Current Fighters
1. Bernard Hopkins
2. Manny Pacquiao
3. Floyd Mayweather Jr
4. Joe Calzaghe
5.Ricky Hatton

No explanations needed for any of them.

1. Floyd Mayweather Jr. - He is the best boxer in the world .....

2. Miguel Cotto - Always have been a Cotto fan ..... I like how he fights and he is a beast .....

3. Kelly Pavlik - He is the man right now and I hope he and Calzaghe can fight eventually .....

Felix Trinidad will always be my favorite fighter ..... but he isn't "Current" .....

Miguel Cotto - With the exception of Shane Mosley, he turns his opponents' faces into mincemeat when they fight him.

Carlos Quintana - Was a fan when he beat Love Child, then got obliterated by Cotto. Hope he works on his cardio for the rematch with Paul Williams, because he looked gassed about midway through the fight.

Kelly Pavlik - All action, what's not to like?

Juan Diaz - The fact that he was champion AND going to school full time astounds me. Good all around guy, sad to see him lose to Campbell, but Campbell deserved it 100%. Diaz-Katsidis would be awesome.

Paul Williams - Throws nonstop, can give anyone problems. Not sure how long he can stay at welterweight though. He went from 147 to 165 overnight before the match with Quintana.

I have enjoyed watching Pavlik recently. Cotto is someone I am beginning to follow...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back