Favorite atmosphere and setting in a horror movie

Nude for Satan by Luigi Batzella. One of the most baffling pieces of B-movie horror I've ever seen. The best review I've ever read about it said: "Now I can honestly say I’ve seen a sexploitation horror flick that was too stupid for even the Italians to tolerate." Very few pictures of it online though.

Semi-nudity so spoilers
This is a really cool shoot though. The girl feel uneasy as the man's stares at her. Her sudden terror makes her zone out. Then his eyes materializes in the background, and her clothes magically disappear. Artistic, impressionist, erotic and it serves to communicate what is going on in the film through visuals.

648full-nude-for-satan-photo.jpg

FIPwU75npz7oSU_1_a.jpg

nude_satan_5.jpg

Last edited:
Nude for Satan by Luigi Batzella. One of the most baffling pieces of B-movie horror I've ever seen. The best review I've ever read about it said: "Now I can honestly say I’ve seen a sexploitation horror flick that was too stupid for even the Italians to tolerate." Very few pictures of it online though.

Semi-nudity so spoilers
648full-nude-for-satan-photo.jpg

FIPwU75npz7oSU_1_a.jpg

nude_satan_5.jpg

Reminds me of this flick Subconscious Cruelty. Except that legit disturbed me. Lots of weird and shocking religious imagery. And a powerful, deeply twisted occult vibe like it's some shit you'd expect to see at a Bat Mitzvah or something. I had to wonder what kind of psychopath would direct that shit and I found out his name was Karim Hussein. He had to be a deranged maniac

I ended up looking for info on him and I found out he was an asshole film student who comes off like a shit Eli Roth

The Church by Michele Soavi. Be warned this one is disjointed and nonsensical even by Italian standards.

la-chiesa-L-fks5qU.jpeg

%255BDivX%2B-%2BIta%255D%2BLa%2Bchiesa%2B%2528dario%2Bargento%2B%2B1989%2529%255B%2528103278%252909-08-01%255D.JPG

church1.jpg

%5BDivX%2B-%2BIta%5D%2BLa%2Bchiesa%2B(dario%2Bargento%2B%2B1989)%5B(042065)08-21-21%5D.JPG

Subconscious Cruelty

Cool. I'll have to add it to the list.:cool:

and I found out his name was Karim Hussein. He had to be a deranged maniac

From time to time I pause films just to give respect to the insanity the actors had to have lived through to make those kinds of pictures.:D

Dante's Inferno from 1911! (I'm not even joking about that date). By Francesco Bertolini and Adolfo Padovan

9-terrifying-old-movies-that-put-modern-horror-to-shame3.gif

9-terrifying-old-movies-that-put-modern-horror-to-shame4.gif

9-terrifying-old-movies-that-put-modern-horror-to-shame5.gif

9-terrifying-old-movies-that-put-modern-horror-to-shame6.gif

9-terrifying-old-movies-that-put-modern-horror-to-shame7.gif

L%2527Inferno+-+1911+-+Count+Ugolino+-+Skull+eating.png

hqdefault.jpg

tumblr_l80xj8j7u11qzzxybo1_500.png

Reminds me of Haxan

haxanimage6.jpg

haxan613x463.jpg

_-D6PAwbODaAqNz0emt1aG3fSjbiRVZQvX3u9JZ8jeU4Q2wqN8Hoxf4jq7WTS09RJJo7rDoGxP_212c-jryQ_H_pI3Rg-lgMdloj=s0

Terrifying. People must have been shitting their pants when this came out.

I am now facepalming for not comming up with that movie on my own. Defintively have some superbly striking images.

Also, here is Satan churning butter.

tumblr_n3kyehpYXs1s01qkyo1_500.gif

Oh most countries censored the hell out of this one.

The director actually recieved a lot of acclaim from critics and such. Mostly because the film also explored many social topics. There is a theme of anti-clericalism in it (a hot topic in the artsy crowd at the day). As well as an exploration of witchcraft and witch-hysteria as a psychological illnessess (also very much in vouge at the time).

I am now facepalming for not comming up with that movie on my own. Defintively have some superbly striking images.

Also, here is Satan churning butter.

tumblr_n3kyehpYXs1s01qkyo1_500.gif

Oh most countries censored the hell out of this one.

The director actually recieved a lot of acclaim from critics and such. Mostly because the film also explored many social topics. There is a theme of anti-clericalism in it (a hot topic in the artsy crowd at the day). As well as an exploration of witchcraft and witch-hysteria as a psychological illnessess (also very much in vouge at the time).

I didn't realize you were such a film buff.

Cool.:cool:

Also when I see that gif it reminds me of that horrific scene in The Witch...Ugh.

The Manitou by William Girdler. An Excorcist knock-off with Native American demons. Feutures a naked woman in a magic spells duel with said Native American demon.

manitou7.jpg

manitou-bonus.png

manitou17.png

Films are getting to obscure to find pictures off.:D

The Evil Dead cabin is my favorite

d61a9470-6a17-0133-ecd1-0aa00699013d.jpg

The cabin's pretty symbolic to Evil Dead. I always thought the cabins in The Howling were cool looking.

This particular scene in Suspiria facinates me to this day

suspiria9_copy0.jpg

It was just a monster to film. They set up lenghty lines and strapped cameras to them, allowing the cameras to slide down the lines while filming just so they could get the shoots Argento wanted. It worked horribly, the cameras often falling off or smashing when they came to the lines end. So many innocent cameras lost their lives just for that scene.

Argento said that he picked such an open, public place with the ancient-looking buildings nearby because he wanted to create allusions towards Germanies Nazi past. Argento often had crazy ideas about scenes like that.

Suspiria is a unique movie with its effective use of vibrant colors. It is a horror movie that sometimes does not get discussed enough IMO. In the first couple viewings the appearance of the ballet school freaked me out.

In the first couple viewings the appearance of the ballet school freaked me out.

It's a movie that manages to make the act of walking out of an airport seem menacing and foreboding. Definitively a masterclass in the horror genre.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back