Favela Picture - Rocina (in Rio) - warning: huge image

Also, if you live in a favela, most likely you are almost threatened of being removed if anything needs to be built in the favela's area. There is this favela thats close to my house that is close to some of the Olympic hotels and venues thats called Vila Autodromo. Even though they are not exactly on the way of the hotel, thats whats happening there:

Autodromo-eviction.jpg

1434753946_363539_1434827128_noticia_normal.jpg

Has the average Brazilian guy experienced these favelas firsthand? Like how suburban American guys all have brief experiences in da hood from trying to buy drugs.

[YT]/watch?v=LDCQ0YPGTS8[/YT]
[YT]watch?v=SS1l8IOmUcE[/YT]
[YT]watch?v=Gs257lbuUc0[/YT]

Point is that even in one of the "not-so-bad" favelas, imagine how far $8k would stretch compared to how far it would[n't] stretch just about anywhere in the U.S. [/IMG]

You apparently have never ventured far outside your urban home. What a stupid thread. The exact same thing can be said about every single place in the world.

Last edited:
Has the average Brazilian guy experienced these favelas firsthand? Like how suburban American guys all have brief experiences in da hood from trying to buy drugs.

Suburban American guys do not go to "da hood" to buy drugs. Drug users rarely leave their social strata when acquiring drugs.

No wonder UFC loves to get these guys. You'd fight for peanuts too if you grew up here. Pretty sure that if you look closely enough at the hill, there is a door going into the side of the hill. These folks are quite literally living like cavemen.

1_rocinha_favela_closeup.JPG

edit: well, ignore the huge image warning: Sherdog automatically resized it (mods: if you see this, feel free to edit out the warning in the title). I recommend clicking on this link to see the full photo:

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/7/7e/1_rocinha_favela_closeup.JPG

I go train in Thailand every 2-3 years. I am saddened how many live there. But, they appear happy and content. One strange thing I have found is no matter how poor an individual may be, they all have up-to-date technology.
Going there always makes me appreciate what I have, and what is really important in life.

Makes me feel really lucky to be living in a first world country, as imperfect as it is

Suburban American guys do not go to "da hood" to buy drugs. Drug users rarely leave their social strata when acquiring drugs.

I'm from the suburbs and me and all my friends went to "the hood" when local supplies ran out. We were within driving distance of Newark, Paterson, and NYC so we had many options.

This is the experience of most American youth who are near urban zones.

why do the poorest people have the most kids? These people should be forcibly sterilized. Or have to pay for a permit to reproduce with evidence they can support their child.

why do the poorest people have the most kids? These people should be forcibly sterilized. Or have to pay for a permit to reproduce with evidence they can support their child.

Simple

1. Have a lot of kids
2. ?????
3. Profit

The exact same thing can be said about every single place in the world.

I take no pleasure in pointing out others' ignorance, but there are a lot of places in the world that are just as expensive or more expensive than many places in the U.S. So you're wrong. Not as a matter of opinion; you are patently, factually wrong.

I take no pleasure in pointing out others' ignorance, but there are a lot of places in the world that are just as expensive or more expensive than many places in the U.S. So you're wrong. Not as a matter of opinion; you are patently, factually wrong.

I thought what I was saying was fairly easy to comprehend. Guess not. Find any region in the world, any. And within 50 miles (probably more like 5 miles) you could find an area that

No, Aldo moved just next door from Favelas...

brazil.jpeg

I'll never understand wanting to live in luxury with that kind of view out your window, nevermind the random gun fire and loud music or taking a wrong turn at night and ending up in the favela instead of your condo complex. I also can't understand living in a favela, but at least they have less of a choice.

It's the same in any poor country, sex is cheap recreation. Soccer too.

Kind of put into perspective McGregor's stories of choosing to put himself into "uncomfortable situations" to learn not to curl up into a ball when a scrap breaks out.

As a teenager, Aldo was living in what you could call an "uncomfortable situation": less than 100$/month to survive, hearing gunshots every day.

When you have an orgasm and are in the afterglow, you tend to have your mind taken off the fact that you have no running water or indoor toilet facilities.

Trust me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back