Father shot down drone hovering over his house as his daughters sunbathed

So basically grown men were using a drone to take photos of teenage girls sunbathing in their yard?

I find it rather suspect the drone was hovering above a 16 year old girl until she indicated she saw what it was doing and then moved on to filming the teenage girls next door.

I wonder if the footage was destroyed; if it wasn't perhaps the police can review it and take action from there?

Edit: nvm, police gave it back to them.

Good for that father. I have no problem with it.

Why? He destroyed his neighbor's property, that was not over his property, and not recording his daughters. He was wrong in every single way.

That it may or may not have taken photos of.

Would you shoot or threaten to shoot anyone who pulls out their cellphone at a public wading pool where kids are playing in their bathing suites?

I'm gonna guess you wouldn't.

This scenario isn't like someone just taking out a cell phone near kids playing in a public wading pool.

This would be like someone taking out a cell phone, pointing it directly at your kid, and moving the cell phone around as your kid moved in order to not miss a moment of little Timmy splashing.

Yes, if I were at a pool with my niece and nephews (don't have kids) and somebody did that I would confront them. No, I wouldn't threaten to shoot them because I don't take guns swimming.

It may not have been a justified drone kill this time, but I'm all for shooting drones hovering over private residences. Seriously, fuck that shit.

so where are pics of the daughters?
This post is why I love sherdog, and I am not even kidding.

He should have just called the cops on the drone.

What would they have done? Nothing. They didnt even confiscate the drone like he said just gave it back to the owners. They should have at least confiscated it for evidence.

Although shooting it down is risky, I agree with him doing that, although I dont agree with him threatening the owners(though he probably felt threatened by 4 guys approaching him).

I would need to know how close it was and how he shot to make a decision if I support what he did.

If he shot straight up there was no danger to others.

Something I'm reading on another forum:

A guy I've flown with has modified his to fire 22 cal. and he targets very accurately through his OSD. I would love to see someone shoot at him with a paintball gun. I have also successfully launched a model rocket sideways from mine using a pulse switch and the onboard 12 volt power supply. With a little thought I could put some form of explosive in the nose. The drone community is way out in front of the "Imma shot dat fricker down if it crosses my property line" crowd.

Surveillance could be the least of our worries.

jihadi suicide drones :eek:

I would need to know how close it was and how he shot to make a decision if I support what he did.

If he shot straight up there was no danger to others.

Someone should invent an effective and safe way to bring these things down.

Why? He destroyed his neighbor's property, that was not over his property, and not recording his daughters. He was wrong in every single way.

Was it his neighbor's daughter sunbathing? Even so, he was being a good neighbor. If a creep was watching my kids from the road with binoculars, and somebody took his binoculars and smashed them on the ground, I would thank him.

Was it his neighbor's daughter sunbathing? Even so, he was being a good neighbor. If a creep was watching my kids from the road with binoculars, and somebody took his binoculars and smashed them on the ground, I would thank him.

The pilot released the video from the drone, he was not watching the neighbors sunbathing. He was also not on the guys property.

The pilot released the video from the drone, he was not watching the neighbors sunbathing. He was also not on the guys property.

Wait... Are you suggesting a guy who owns multiple guns jumped to conclusions about property violations and/or threat to persons??

Even if they weren't, you don't fly camera drones over peoples property. Especially over teenage girls sunbathing. That thing is gonna get shot down.

Take it out to an open area where you aren't invading peoples privacy (or the perception of it). This part you might agree with.

Even if they weren't, you don't fly camera drones over peoples property. Especially over teenage girls sunbathing. That thing is gonna get shot down.

Take it out to an open area where you aren't invading peoples privacy (or the perception of it). This part you might agree with.

He wasn't flying it over other people's property. He was not flying over girls sunbathing.

I wont agree. I think someone who owns a drone has every right to fly it above their own home. I think people shooting at their neighbors property belong in jail. That part you might agree with.

He wasn't flying it over other people's property. He was not flying over girls sunbathing.

I wont agree. I think someone who owns a drone has every right to fly it above their own home. I think people shooting at their neighbors property belong in jail. That part you might agree with.

To me that depends on the situation.

To me that depends on the situation.

I am having a hard tome thinking of a situation where a person who is on their own property using their own property in a legal way should have it violently destroyed by another person.

Considering we got pictures of the guy in his blind and that he actually took the drone out in mid flight the guy had to using bird shot to hit that drone. And you can literally by 70 yards away from a a guy shooting bird shot and it won't even penetrate the skin. Lol at the people acting like this guy could have done serious damage shooting straight into the air with basically BBs in the barrel. We have one of the largest clay pigeon shooting ranges in the state right on the edge of town and you always find pellets on your decks and in your pools if your by the ranges yet in 50 years of operation no bystander has been injured by falling birdshot.

Back