Father In-Law Attempted Suicide Tonight

I absolutely could. I have 2 kids, id I take you in and you fucking try to kill yourself in my house, you're done. Id be shocked if I dont have to take my mother in law in at some point but if you try to put my kids through that trauma we're done.

I also have kids but I couldn't kick my mom or dad out, especially while in poor health and elderly.

I guess we should just quit our jobs and devote our lives to this sick, dying, old man?

Yeah, the way a lot of the world handles death is just criminal.

If you keep him at home, he's liable to be incredibly miserable and/or keep trying to kill himself. And exposing the kids to that isn't good.

Dumping him somewhere unpleasant to die slowly may shield the kids, but is still rotten for him.

I would suggest having a serious talk with him when he's in a stable state of mind about his options. Find out if he really wants to be done now. If he doesn't, he's got to stop traumatizing people.

If he does, work on helping him find a way to do it. Make sure it is as painless as possible for him, doesn't traumatize others, and protects you from any legal repercussions. And, of course, you and the wife have to be in total agreement on what goes on.

Maybe help him get what he needs to do it himself. Maybe take him to a more civilized country where they allow euthanasia.

Try to get him to put whatever (legal/financial) affairs in order that need to be done first, if any. Make that a condition of your assistance if you have to.

Good luck.
Slow, agonizing deaths can be...agonizing.

Yeah, the way a lot of the world handles death is just criminal.

If you keep him at home, he's liable to be incredibly miserable and/or keep trying to kill himself. And exposing the kids to that isn't good.

Dumping him somewhere unpleasant to die slowly may shield the kids, but is still rotten for him.

I would suggest having a serious talk with him when he's in a stable state of mind about his options. Find out if he really wants to be done now. If he doesn't, he's got to stop traumatizing people.

If he does, work on helping him find a way to do it. Make sure it is as painless as possible for him, doesn't traumatize others, and protects you from any legal repercussions. And, of course, you and the wife have to be in total agreement on what goes on.

Maybe help him get what he needs to do it himself. Maybe take him to a more civilized country where they allow euthanasia.

Try to get him to put whatever (legal/financial) affairs in order that need to be done first, if any. Make that a condition of your assistance if you have to.

Good luck.
Slow, agonizing deaths can be...agonizing.
He claimed to have ordered a gun and was just waiting to pick it up but I guess he couldt wait or was full of shit. Anyways, now he wont be eligible for purchasing a gun and he sure as shit isnt blowing his brains out with any of mine so he kind of fucked himself.

Awful. Very sorry to hear, especially for the 5 kids in the house.

I also have kids but I couldn't kick my mom or dad out, especially while in poor health and elderly.

My parents wouldn't do that shit so I wouldn't either. If they did though they can go live with one of my siblings cuz they ain't living here. That shit is selfish and very traumatic to kids.

When suicide happens and enters one's life. The stats for that person suiciding go through the roof. Do you really want your kids having a tough stretch and considering suicide as an option? Pretty fucking selfish to take ones life in the home where children are. They would have to go for the sake of the kids healthy future. Just my opinion but a tough spot to be in for sure.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back