Father In-Law Attempted Suicide Tonight

WaylonMercy5150

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Preface: He moved in with me and my wife 7 months ago. We have 5 kids living with us and he is in terrible health. We gave him a room but he has insisted he wants to end his life. He is 71.

He took 20 of his 40 sleeping pills and woke up screaming and yelling for and ambulance. That is what he told us when we called but we come to find out he took narcotics and tried to OD. I got kids in the house and this fool pulling this shit. He told me he was going to blow his brains out but here in mexico it is much harder to get a gun and I guess he couldnt wait.

Yeah, similar to usa they have a holding period but once he is released neither me or my wife can care for him.

I'm so sorry to hear that. Is there a rest home he could go to? My Uncle went to one of those and loved it. He was there with people his own age and had 24/7 care.

He passed away peacefully in his sleep.

I'm praying for you and yours brother.

I'm so sorry to hear that. Is there a rest home he could go to? My Uncle went to one of those and loved it. He was there with people his own age and had 24/7 care.

He passed away peacefully in his sleep.

I'm praying for you and yours brother.
There is and we can afford it but he would be miserable. He is overweight and his body is failing him. When he wanted to take his own life with a gun I had a moral dilemma. Thanks for the prayers. So crazy rn

Preface: He moved in with me and my wife 7 months ago. We have 5 kids living with us and he is in terrible health. We gave him a room but he has insisted he wants to end his life. He is 71.

He took 20 of his 40 sleeping pills and woke up screaming and yelling for and ambulance. That is what he told us when we called but we come to find out he took narcotics and tried to OD. I got kids in the house and this fool pulling this shit. He told me he was going to blow his brains out but here in mexico it is much harder to get a gun and I guess he couldnt wait.

i would have assisted my father in law.... but he was straight up abusive pos

The right to live logically implies the right to die.
Life can be incomprehensibly painful and if a man decides he can not bear it anymore he should have the option of a painless dignified death. Noone can truly understands another person's suffering and should judge if a man should have to live or not. The process of dying can be brutal and slow in a lot of cases and people shouldn't have to endure such torture.

kick his ass out. Dont want your kids seeing that shit

The right to live logically implies the right to die.
Life can be incomprehensibly painful and if a man decides he can not bear it anymore he should have the option of a painless dignified death. Noone can truly understands another person's suffering and should judge if a man should have to live or not. The process of dying can be brutal and slow in a lot of cases and people shouldn't have to endure such torture.
<PlusJuan>

Good man. I just went though something like that. My grandma-in-law was alone and tried to but then me and my wife had to put her in a home cause the in/laws couldn't afford as they on a fixed income. It's sucked and it was hard.
Much respect

I'm usually not the judging type but it's hard to respect a man who tries to take his own life (and pussies out halfway through) in his daughters home with 5 of his grandchildren there. That's some selfish bullshit. You seem like a good man, but you can't have that shit around your family.

I thought everyone in Mexico had a gun?
Nah you have to register and pick up in mexico city regardless where you live. They have a limited selection and are usually overpriced. Hunting guns are typically rented with proper background check. Funny thing is I've never seen any wildlife here lol.

I'm usually not the judging type but it's hard to respect a man who tries to take his own life (and pussies out halfway through) in his daughters home with 5 of his grandchildren there. That's some selfish bullshit. You seem like a good man, but you can't have that shit around your family.
For real.

Back