Father In-Law Attempted Suicide Tonight

That's heavy shit.

Can't help but feel for the FIL tho. It's one of my worst nightmares to get old and lose all quality of life but not be able to die.

Last edited:
Nah you have to register and pick up in mexico city regardless where you live. They have a limited selection and are usually overpriced. Hunting guns are typically rented with proper background check. Funny thing is I've never seen any wildlife here lol.

Just put it on Instagram that he was repping whatever cartel runs your area’s opposite.
Problem solved.

Not sure if we should be more alarmed that it's harder to get a gun in Mexico or the USA or vise versa!!?

just hold a pillow over his head when he is sleeping next time.

Preface: He moved in with me and my wife 7 months ago. We have 5 kids living with us and he is in terrible health. We gave him a room but he has insisted he wants to end his life. He is 71.

He took 20 of his 40 sleeping pills and woke up screaming and yelling for and ambulance. That is what he told us when we called but we come to find out he took narcotics and tried to OD. I got kids in the house and this fool pulling this shit. He told me he was going to blow his brains out but here in mexico it is much harder to get a gun and I guess he couldnt wait.

Ya sounds like a selfish dick tbh. He wouldn't be welcome back in my home. Go kill yourself somewhere else where my kids aren't around. Jesus

Last edited:
Because my wife is a professor and I work full time as well plus we have 5 kids. We gave him a room but we cannot care for him.

I guess I'm not being clear. You gave him a room before but now he can't have a room?

I guess I'm not being clear. You gave him a room before but now he can't have a room?
We can give him a room but cannot stop him from suiciding. He will have to become a ward of the state and I'm just not sure how all that works. We cannot give him the help he needs.

If you are in terrible health and depressed, there should be a legit way out. Then you could prepare your loved ones without the tawdriness of trying to top yourself.
He told me he prepaid for his cremation only to find out he didn't lol

We can give him a room but cannot stop him from suiciding. He will have to become a ward of the state and I'm just not sure how all that works. We cannot give him the help he needs.

That's pretty harsh bud. You make the man a "ward of the state" like that? I could never do that to my dad or father in law because being a ward of the state is basically prison, that is if you can even get in because generally speaking taking a few pills one time will not make the state take over your care.

That's pretty harsh bud. You make the man a "ward of the state" like that? I could never do that to my dad or father in law because being a ward of the state is basically prison, that is if you can even get in because generally speaking taking a few pills one time will not make the state take over your care.
I guess we should just quit our jobs and devote our lives to this sick, dying, old man?

I absolutely could. I have 2 kids, id I take you in and you fucking try to kill yourself in my house, you're done. Id be shocked if I dont have to take my mother in law in at some point but if you try to put my kids through that trauma we're done.

I guess we should just quit our jobs and devote our lives to this sick, dying, old man?

No, I wouldn't quit my job but I also wouldn't kick him out. Have you considered some form of hospice care?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back