fat burners

dpo628

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Hey all. Do any of you know if any of the "fat burner" pills(stacker 2 etc..) on the market really work? Or are they glorified caffine pills? I am looking to take something during my workouts(BJJ class) that will help with fat loss. Thanks

Make your own...like me.

Ephedra
Caffeine
Aspirin

Mortar and pestle and some 00 gelatin caps.

Chad Hamilton said:
Make your own...like me.

Ephedra
Caffeine
Aspirin

Mortar and pestle and some 00 gelatin caps.

Where do you get the ingredients from?

I've heard nothing but bad things with aspirin in the EC stack, what are your reasons for keeping it in there?

you can get them from 1fast400.com

Sure you can use a stack or a fat burner, but now that the key ingrediant is banned why not just go harder during practices?

Ian1983 said:
I've heard nothing but bad things with aspirin in the EC stack, what are your reasons for keeping it in there?

Adding aspirin to an EC stack will extend the half-lives of both compounds in the bloodstream by binding to receptors that ordinarily begin the oxidation pathway for xanthines and amphetamines. However, this isn't really necessary--if you are supplementing BID, or more often, the clearance curves for EC fit pretty nicely. Plus, I'd rather be able to easily clear the drugs at the end of the day so as not to affect sleep. On top of that, if you are training a martial art, you are probably going to keep cut or have nosebleeds from time-to-time. Aspirin is a fairly potent anti-coagulant. Even 81mg aspirin make stopping a nosebleed (for me) ridiculously more difficult.

agreed, that was a reason (bruising actually) why I don't take aspirin in the EC stack when i do take it, I was just looking for chads reasoning.

I didn't know about the extention of half life to be honest, thats a new one on me.
Could you define BID please

When you say clearance curves for EC fit nicely, an you elaborate on this please.
I assume the affecting sleep comment is to do with the caffine being in higher concentrations for longer.

Ian1983 said:
I didn't know about the extention of half life to be honest, thats a new one on me.

Yes, that was the intended purpose of including salicylic acid in EC combos. It works well for that purpose, but it seems to be unneeded. I guess the marketing guys just thought that ECA sounded cooler than EC.

Ian1983 said:
Could you define BID please.
Sorry about that. "BID" is just pharmacology shorthand for 2x/day. Bis in die.

Ian1983 said:
When you say clearance curves for EC fit nicely, an you elaborate on this please.
Whenever a drug is being tested, serum levels of the drug are monitored at frequent timepoints of several individuals. The clearance curve is simply the graph plot of how the drug is eliminated. It is a log base-2 function. The half-times (I don't like using the term "half-life," as I consider it to be reserved for radioactive decay.) of caffeine and ephedrine are 3-5 hours and 6-8 hours, respectively. Administration of a low-dose aspirin with this combination can extend the half-time of caffeine to 5-7 hours, and 8-9 hours for ephedrine.

Ian1983 said:
I assume the affecting sleep comment is to do with the caffine being in higher concentrations for longer.
Exactly. Don't forget the ephedrine, also. Ephedrine is actually longer-lived in the bloodstream than caffeine.

you know all thowse drugs and caffines will get the job done but if you dont use it and work harder then you wont have to worry about wearing your muscles down quite as fast, because when you are taking them your muscles are under more stress then when you work out and your body will most likely burn out in a few days, its happened to me and it sucks

Danielsan said:
you know all thowse drugs and caffines will get the job done but if you dont use it and work harder then you wont have to worry about wearing your muscles down quite as fast, because when you are taking them your muscles are under more stress then when you work out and your body will most likely burn out in a few days, its happened to me and it sucks

Not to be a jerk, but I have read this three times, and I cannot understand what you are trying to say.

Terumo said:
Adding aspirin to an EC stack will extend the half-lives of both compounds in the bloodstream by binding to receptors that ordinarily begin the oxidation pathway for xanthines and amphetamines. However, this isn't really necessary--if you are supplementing BID, or more often, the clearance curves for EC fit pretty nicely. Plus, I'd rather be able to easily clear the drugs at the end of the day so as not to affect sleep. On top of that, if you are training a martial art, you are probably going to keep cut or have nosebleeds from time-to-time. Aspirin is a fairly potent anti-coagulant. Even 81mg aspirin make stopping a nosebleed (for me) ridiculously more difficult.

Yeah, or if you get in a car accident and get a bad cut or internal bleeding, there's no way to really stop the bleeding if you're taking aspirin.

Terumo, as I understood it, aspirin decreases the blood's proclivity to adhere to the vessel walls, and since the risks of ephedrine (as was recently revealed in two separate studies- I don't have them) are greatest to those with pre-existing heart blockages and higher blood pressure, it is theorized that adding aspirin will decrease the probability of heart failure.

Terumo said:
Yes, that was the intended purpose of including salicylic acid in EC combos. It works well for that purpose, but it seems to be unneeded. I guess the marketing guys just thought that ECA sounded cooler than EC.

Sorry about that. "BID" is just pharmacology shorthand for 2x/day. Bis in die.

Whenever a drug is being tested, serum levels of the drug are monitored at frequent timepoints of several individuals. The clearance curve is simply the graph plot of how the drug is eliminated. It is a log base-2 function. The half-times (I don't like using the term "half-life," as I consider it to be reserved for radioactive decay.) of caffeine and ephedrine are 3-5 hours and 6-8 hours, respectively. Administration of a low-dose aspirin with this combination can extend the half-time of caffeine to 5-7 hours, and 8-9 hours for ephedrine.

Exactly. Don't forget the ephedrine, also. Ephedrine is actually longer-lived in the bloodstream than caffeine.

I see, thanks for the feed back (and some of the laymens terms :redface: )

I didn't realise the difference of 'half lifes' of caffine and effy was of the order of 150%, you learn something new all the time.

Your name has been mentally noted :D

Ian1983 said:

I've read the studies on the half life extension for about 5 years now.

I know it works, first-hand.

Terumo said:
Not to be a jerk, but I have read this three times, and I cannot understand what you are trying to say.

I think he may be attempting to describe something like adrenal burnout.

Perhaps?

Chad Hamilton said:

I know it works, first-hand.

You'll notice that when I wrote that reply I knew nothing of half life extention.

So all I can say is....fair enough

Chad Hamilton said:

That must be a long study. That, or you just read very slowly.

Just joking. Sorry--couldn't resist.

Ian1983 said:
You'll notice that when I wrote that reply I knew nothing of half life extention.

So all I can say is....fair enough

I know.

Trial and error has brought me many riches.

Terumo said:
That must be a long study. That, or you just read very slowly.

Just joking. Sorry--couldn't resist.

It's taken that long to absorb thru the cloud of THC.

eca works brilliant for me(using ephedrine hydrachloride) , not really as a fat burner

But if your dieting and low on energy the CNS stimulation gives you energy , also it kill hunger pains and reduces apetite very well . But if your looking for something that will burn fat while you keep your diet the same and enrgy expenditure the same then it probably wont do a great lot . Ive absoloutley hammered the stuff at times taking around 500-700 mg per day and did suffer some side effects while taking it at that dose , but ive got nothing to sugest from blood test results that theres any permanent damage

Back