Faroe Islanders slaughter whales.

I dont have a problem with this. Many animals kill other animals to survive, thats how life works. Its brutal but blame "god" for making the universe this way if you believe in a god.

He added: 'The squealing from the whales was horrible.

My God... those images. Its like something out of the nasty parts of the bible with seas turning into blood and carnage and viscera. Pretty fucking gnarly way to get your food.

Be fun to take part. Whale harvests are celebrations. Not a traditional way of going about it but unless you want to eat like an Irishman you've got to take from the sea.

I stopped reading here:
  • Meat and blubber from whales used to feed population of Danish archipelago for the rest of the year
Unless you're a vegan, there's not much to say.

Be fun to take part. Whale harvests are celebrations. Not a traditional way of going about it but unless you want to eat like an Irishman you've got to take from the sea.

I guess, but I rather have beef and let the industry kill the cattle

I stopped reading here:
  • Meat and blubber from whales used to feed population of Danish archipelago for the rest of the year
Unless you're a vegan, there's not much to say.

Whale fat must be terrible

Thread title should read Islanders gather food for the winter instead imo...

and i won't be clicking on that link.

I dont have a problem with this. Many animals kill other animals to survive, thats how life works. Its brutal but blame "god" for making the universe this way if you believe in a god.
Just to play devils advocate, what if lions mechanized and came at us with spears and jeeps?

Mechanization changes the natural order

If they're not endangered then meh. Our entire word is about killing for survival. But as soon as you kill an animal someone else likes they get on a soapbox. Better be a vegan if you're going to make that complaint

Just to play devils advocate, what if lions mechanized and came at us with spears and jeeps?

Mechanization changes the natural order

All intelligent beings throughout the universe will inevitably "mechanize" and use their understanding of science and technology to make life easier, including the production of weapons and vehicles for faster travel.

The advancement of scientific knowledge, and applying that knowledge is the natural order.

b4dd721a04f9e2c0df4e25f3feb2a3ed.jpg

Not a fan, but people gotta eat, and thus is the circle of life
180 whales seems like a lot though ...but the article said it was sustainable

I don't have an issue with hunting for food, what rustles my jimmmies is usually how it's done. It looks like a fun time for the family and kids from the photos..in a sea of blood

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back