Faroe Islanders slaughter whales.

This reminds me of the movie "The Cove". Pretty brutal in what they do to the Dolphins.

There is absolutely no justification for this practice in modern Faroe Islands. They are a wealthy people with plenty of seafood and can import anything else they want. They only do this out of defiance because the world criticizes them for it. I don't condone slaughtering whales at all but it would be more acceptable if they hunted them traditionally instead of murdering them in locked blood pools while their family members watch.

Yeah, I wonder if Sherdoggers would be this understanding if it was a different type of people doing the exact same thing. You know, not from Denmark but from somewhere else wink wink...

Also, two pages in and this hasn't been said: Different culture, hard to judge

I'm not saying well factory farming exists so any other animal abuse is fine. It's just hard to take selective outrage seriously. I don't believe that being smarter gives whales more pain receptors than livestock.
not more pain receptors, but more capacity for suffering from pain. Greater self awareness heightens their emotional duress.

Yeah, I wonder if Sherdoggers would be this understanding if it was a different type of people doing the exact same thing. You know, not from Denmark but from somewhere else wink wink...

Also, two pages in and this hasn't been said: Different culture, hard to judge
heh, I remember a thread about the Japanese cove hunts and it was decidely more negative.

My God... those images. Its like something out of the nasty parts of the bible with seas turning into blood and carnage and viscera. Pretty fucking gnarly way to get your food.

The squealing and watching another animal suffer like that, I couldn't do it.

Back