Far Cry 4: Official Thread (E3 2014 Gameplay Footage)

I thought it was a big step up from farcry 2, i couldnt hit shit in that game.

I'd say FC3 was halfway to where it should be as compared to FC2.

The aiming redicles were far to large. At a 200 yard target, it was difficult to tell if you were aiming at the waist or chest. You just hoped it hit anywhere. I like pin-point aiming like in COD, which is one thing they get right.

Got a GTX 970 two weeks ago before the nvidia promotion but contacted newegg and was able to get a code. Will probably get this. It's uplay but hey free is free.

I'm really excited for this. Far Cry 3 was one of my favorite games of last generation.

I'll just leave these here for anyone else who wants to see them (they're not me. Just someone who is absurdly good at the game).

Great news for those who play on PC and have an NVIDIA card:
Far Cry 4 will support HairWorks (NVIDIA's answer to AMD's TressFX, which was last seen in Tomb Raider) as well as a whole slew of other NVIDIA-exclusive features/technologies.

Surprised no FC4 talk here...if any of you are planning to run some multiplayer or looking for some coop, let me know...

I've never played a Far Cry game. I think I'll pick this up down the road a bit if/when it goes on sale.

I've never played a Far Cry game. I think I'll pick this up down the road a bit if/when it goes on sale.

You should try Far Cry 3...it's cheap now...and will save you money from getting 4 if you find it's not your type of game...

Watched the first part of a play through and the story and characters seem pretty contrived, the gameplay seems pretty typical so far.

Purchased today and not that impressed
It is basically a carbon copy of the last game

I loved the last game but there just isn't anything new here

:(

Aw! You just missed it on sale. Farcry Franchise (1,2,&3) for $10 on Steam last weekend.

It's guaranteed to pop up again for the holiday sales.

Just a heads up if you use walk forward on your mouse , it won't work til Ubisoft gets around to fixing it .

Got this free with my GTX970. After a day of being unable to play this due to some issue on Ubi's end, it's now working. Will smoke one and give this a try in a bit. I'll let you know my impressions.

I totally agree, but that's honestly pretty much all I wanted. I'm having a lot of fun with it.

I had pre ordered the game and played about a few hours or so just now after I got back from work.

In the last few days I've been replaying far cry 3 to remind me how great it was and to be totally honest, this new one left me somewhat unimpressed. It doesn't seem like a new game at all! Same sounds/animations/weapons/vehicles and NPCs standing about not doing anything.

Same game play too, plus the new vehicle control system is awful.

The new character you play just seems like a slightly tanned version of that douchebag you were in FC3, not particularly likeable at all. The new villain however seems like he could make things interesting, hopefully he won't be killed off halfway and replaced by some generic evil south African.

Feels more like an expansion pack than a full sequel.

But those are just my initial thoughts after only a short introduction to the game. Give me a few days and maybe I'll change my mind.

The new character you play just seems like a slightly tanned version of that douchebag you were in FC3, not particularly likeable at all.

Seriously after playing as that huge vag in FC3, my single hope for FC4 was that you got a voice actor who'd legit grown pubic hair before. I sent letters about that shit. But Ubisoft won't even listen to me

But I agree it's not any kind of step forward from FC3. At least the main villain is pretty suave

So I'm a couple hours in. Beautiful game, production values are high- but it's basically FC3 re-skinned. That being said, I've had fun so far, and the villain is a pretty twisted bastard. It looks considerably better than FC3 graphically, that's one thing I'll say. I'd seen some complaints on the Ubi forums about performance issues, but it's currently running flawlessly on Ultra settings for me.

Trying to decide between this and GTA on PS4. Never played a Far Cry game but it looks awesome. Might try 3 out before i decide.

Seriously after playing as that huge vag in FC3, my single hope for FC4 was that you got a voice actor who'd legit grown pubic hair before. I sent letters about that shit.

:icon_lol: you ain't fuckin around.

Well this is nothing new with franchises. In many cases, people complain about every small change. Still, Far Cry is by no means the most static one. Far Cry 1, 2 & 3 were all very different kind of games.

I'm maybe one hour in and having fun for sure. Feels like a huge DLC for Far Cry 3.

Back