Far Cry 4: Official Thread (E3 2014 Gameplay Footage)

GhostZ06

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
FC4_KEYART_618x733.jpg

Taking a sharp turn away from the lush island jungles of the top-rated Far Cry 3, Far Cry 4 is set in Kyrat, an untamed region currently ruled by a despotic self-appointed king. But don

Was looking forward to this game but the whole releasing on old gen systems took away all my excitement.

I honestly think at this point these games holding back what can be done on these new systems so their isn't a huge gap in quality

Number 3 was real good

Let's hope this is ahead leaps and bounds again and not just like a little update

dont bother with 2, it was horse shit

Can't say it was horse shit, but it had as many good things as bad things.

I've said it once, I'm saying it again, it's not a good sign that Farcry 4 is coming out a mere 2 years after the 3rd one.

I'm getting it day one, played 3 months after its release and loved the hell out of it so I trust....them to get 4 right.

Will wait a few months and get it on a steam sale.

dont bother with 2, it was horse shit

Court_Lady_Punched.gif

I'm actually replaying FC3 atm. Great stuff. Anyone else think Buck >>> Vass?

Only thing I could never get over is how shit your voice acting is as player character. I hope they don't bring that fucking guy back

1, 2 and 3 were all great.. 1 and 3 were amazing. I'll buy this for sure, but I can't say I'm not a little disappointed about it not being a Blood Dragon sequel.

The plot synopsis was just released/leaked... it sounds promising.

Hidden in the majestic Himalayas lies Kyrat, a country steeped in tradition and violence. You are Ajay Ghale. Traveling to Kyrat to fulfill your mother’s dying wish, you find yourself caught up in a civil war to overthrow the oppressive regime of dictator Pagan Min.
"Explore and navigate this vast open world, where danger and unpredictability lurk around every corner. Here, every decision counts, and every second is a story. Welcome to Kyrat."

At least we know we're not playing as a douchebag tweener again.

I never played FC 1 or 2 but I thought 3 and Blood Dragon were amazing. I had so much fun with those games and I just recently started playing FC 3 for the third time.

This is a day one purchase for me.

Farcry is my personal favourite fps... HL-2 and the first F.E.A.R. are close 2nd and 3rd

Farcry 2... the only fun thing about it was driving around in the jeep with a grenade
launcher mounted on it and blowing the hell out of check points and driving through
5 minutes later and repeating it.

3... less repetitive then 2... much better looking game and the animal life was fun as hell
I knew about the sharks... but swimming across a river and finding out there were
crocodiles... fuck me

I dont really like power ups or leveling abilities in an fps but it was done well
crafting was not really impressive to me... it was there to limit your progress in the
game... and I was not a fan of having to buy weapons and not being able to pick
up the guns of the dead people

I am curious what wild life they will have in this setting... mountains(Himalayas?)
arent going to have sharks swimming around... the island in FC3 had more then
it should have... but nothing that made me go "No those just dont belong here".

Yetis maybe...

Looks like the terrain will be mostly mountainous. I hope they put some kind of mountain climbing tool in the game. Otherwise mountains in games just drive me nuts. The overall game world will have to be designed really well to pull it off.

Sounds like a rush job to capitalize on their past title success. Has short comings and failures written all over it.

Sorry if repost. Looks promising so far, hopefully it's as good or possibly better than the 3rd.

[YT]Y6t-34FbydE[/YT]

Looks incredible. Can't wait. FC3 was one of my favorite games for ps3, maybe of all time.

Looks a lot like Far Cry 3, so I can't complain. Looking forward to seeing it it gets an equivalent to Blood Dragon. I still preferred the somewhat more grounded gritty approach FC2 took if I'm being honest.

Back