Far Cry 4: Official Thread (E3 2014 Gameplay Footage)

I've never played a Far Cry game before and it's currently only $30 on Amazon.

Is it worth picking up?

I've never played a Far Cry game before and it's currently only $30 on Amazon.

Is it worth picking up?

If you've never played FC before I'd say you're bound to love FC4

I just started this game yesterday and as a first time Far Cry player I'm enjoying it more than I thought I would. I'm loving just throwing animal skins into a group of enemies and watching them get mauled.

The game is beautiful, really fun to just explore. I can't wait until I get that wingsuit.

Yeah, since I didn't play Far Cry 3, even though I own it, playing through Far Cry 4 was awesome. I played through it twice in fact.

The second play through I went full stealth/hunter using bows, bait, take downs,throwing knives etc. I tried not to get into fire fights unless events dictated I had to.

I will say this, there are two game breaking weapons in the game. When you get the 50cal sniper rifle that fires quickly and can be silenced (can't remember the name), and the scoped 50cal machine gun when you liberate all the bell towers, its like cheat code. The machine gun makes it so you can basically just mow down everything because everyone gets one shotted while you spray ammo everywhere.

I just started this game yesterday and as a first time Far Cry player I'm enjoying it more than I thought I would. I'm loving just throwing animal skins into a group of enemies and watching them get mauled.

The game is beautiful, really fun to just explore. I can't wait until I get that wingsuit.

You've already got it, dude. You don't have to unlock it like you did in FC3.

You've already got it, dude. You don't have to unlock it like you did in FC3.

Wha? I was jumping off cliffs yesterday and nothing really happened. What do I have to do?

Wha? I was jumping off cliffs yesterday and nothing really happened. What do I have to do?

I think you can buy it for relatively cheap at one of those weapon vending machines. Haven't played the game in months so IDK for sure.

im about 12 hours in and just conquered Noore's fortress.

i love it. it took me a while to get into it, because the game really doesn't guide you or hold your hand and tell you what to do. and i wasn't used to that. but im glad it was that way cause it has really turned into an awesome game.

im sure you could sink 60 hours into it easily, the value is great. just so much to do.

I think you can buy it for relatively cheap at one of those weapon vending machines. Haven't played the game in months so IDK for sure.

No its a reward for reaching karma level 2 I believe.

My one severe annoyance with the Far Cry series in the last two games has been this... Why the FUCK does there have to be some "ooooo, drug trip" moment in it?

Is the season pass worth getting? I'd like to get Valley of the Yetis but don't know if anything else in it is really necessary or not..

My one severe annoyance with the Far Cry series in the last two games has been this... Why the FUCK does there have to be some "ooooo, drug trip" moment in it?

I didn't have an issue with the one in 3.. Had nothing on GTA 5's amazing drug trip mission. Haven't played Far Cry 4 yet.

The Yeti dlc looks interesting. Honestly I was extremely disappointed they didn't make better use of the Himalayan setting. I was expecting more in depth lore and wintry atmosphere like the game Cursed Mountain had (though that lore was more necessary there as that was a horror game).

I didn't mind the drug trip missions. Yogi & Reggie made me laugh, but there wasn't any real point to the missions or all the Shangi-La stuff.

I'm considering buying the DLC because I'm still having fun with the game.

Back