Fans who just can't get over dominick reyes

Reyes beat the self-appointed GOAT Jon Jones and made him run to heavyweight. Reyes had Jones contemplating his life decisions after making him leave the sport for years.
Lol dude you have to get over the Jones hate.

Last edited:
He's a good fighter with a bad chin and all those KO's screwed up his fearless style. Besides the weak chin, if he had confidence again, I think if you couldn't KO him it would be hard to score a decision over him.
Oezdemir beat him by Decision. Reyes had the Undefeated advantage with the judges at the time though.

Im over Reyes.

But that doesnt change that he beat Jones.

He was a pretty good striker with knockout power, good size and really good tdd due to his athleticism.
Problem was he didn't have much else, so when he fought a technically superior striker like Jan all he could do was play Jan's game.
When he fought Jiri he had no way of slowing the fight down and preventing it from getting out of hand.
With a bit of wall n stall and the occasional takedown his career might have gone very differently.

I don't think he's weak minded at all. He just got whooped by better fighters and now he's too stubborn to retire.

Reyes is good but he went on a slide after Jones fight. Happens to lot of good fighters when they take the big L.

Think of Renan Barao, Johnny Jendricks, Gray Maynard, Alex Gusstafsson, Tony Ferguson etc.

He's a good fighter with a bad chin and all those KO's screwed up his fearless style. Besides the weak chin, if he had confidence again, I think if you couldn't KO him it would be hard to score a decision over him.
I think he had his Cody Garbrandt performance. People forget this is the guy who arguably lost to Volkan. His best win is probably OSP? Some may say Weidman but he was already far on his downslide to the point he moved up after being 1-4 in his last 5. The reality is he caught a Jon Jones who was bored and had the performance of his life. He really should retire because this is going to be a situation where people this at some point this is going to turn around for him and he'll keep getting step backs but still get KOd.

Dominick Reyes was a gifted, talented fighter who had the potential to be a champion.
Whether or not he was able to sustain it is a different topic.

If anything, you should try to get over it.

Just cause one night he was better then Jones doesn't mean it's gonna stay that way. Fighters aren't numbers where someone is a 10 and beats all the 7 8 9 guys. Different nights different fights. Some are more consistent. Some have a night of greatness. Some fall off, some come back.

Off Night Bones barely lifting a finger still beat him convincingly enough <JonesLaugh>
That was the closest his haters ever got to see him lose, they've clung to it ever since :rolleyes:

Pros: Athletic LHW with good technique and good power. Crash Bandicoot torso.

Cons: Weak chin for a young Mexican with low mileage. Only threats were straight left and LHK. Limited wrestling/grappling skills.
Lmfao at crash bandicoot

Pros: Athletic LHW with good technique and good power. Crash Bandicoot torso.

Cons: Weak chin for a young Mexican with low mileage. Only threats were straight left and LHK. Limited wrestling/grappling skills.
People keep saying he's athletic and I feel like it's only because he himself said it. I personally haven't seen him do anything athletically impressive.

Welcome to Sherdog..... have you met a McGregor fan?

If dominick reyes was that good he would have beaten Jan Blachowicz. not only that he went on to lose his next 3 fights by getting his skull caved in he was never that good in my opinion. In hindsight if the judges gave him the decision I think jones would have won the rematch but who knows.

It has less to do with reyes and more to do with unending hate in their soul for the GOAT. Reyes was just a proxy for the schadenfreude Jones haters harbor 24/7. Jones trained on hookers and coke for most of his fights after Machida or Evans. If they fought again and Jones took the fight seriously, and trained like he should, he would DESTROY reyes. Here's the typical Jones hater after 16 years of hating GOATness

1707494082846.png

Peaked against jones, and weird torso was just too much to overcome.

Back