Fan ejected for horribly offensive sign at recent AEW event

Did Moxley really get someone ejected this week? I didn't hear what the guy said but I read it was something like calling him by his real name and saying he's a drunken piece of trash. Obviously not a nice thing to do but it kind of goes against the tough guy image to get a guy kicked out of the arena for saying something mean.

I'll put it down to being lost in the moment but it seems like the precedent has been set with these ejections now and the message is clear.

Modern day heels are so fucked. Genuine heels are going to completely die out if they haven't already because nobody wants to be offensive and if you heckle a wrestler, you run the risk of being kicked out. The only way to get real heat these days is to be like House of Torture, in which case everybody will tune out anyway.

Kicking out a fan for heckling a rassler...this is what 2022 has brought us...

6b7.gif

Nyla Rose is a man. And an annoying one at that. And a bitch.

<{1-11}>

Did Moxley really get someone ejected this week? I didn't hear what the guy said but I read it was something like calling him by his real name and saying he's a drunken piece of trash. Obviously not a nice thing to do but it kind of goes against the tough guy image to get a guy kicked out of the arena for saying something mean.

I'll put it down to being lost in the moment but it seems like the precedent has been set with these ejections now and the message is clear.

Modern day heels are so fucked. Genuine heels are going to completely die out if they haven't already because nobody wants to be offensive and if you heckle a wrestler, you run the risk of being kicked out. The only way to get real heat these days is to be like House of Torture, in which case everybody will tune out anyway.
Yeah, exactly. If that's the route we are going here, AEW can fuck themselves. It was a good attempt at shock humor, and a lot of people laughed, you could hear it got a rise out plenty. Point is that Moxley went into treatment and expected everyone to be 100% behind him and wanted props for doing what he should have been the whole time and that's monitoring his consumption or eliminating it. To go into that promo without a notion how to diffuse the smartasses shows why Moxley just doesn't work as the top guy.

Good, that fan deserves to be kicked out. disappointed by a lot of people in this thread.

Another reason in retrospect to give Chyna some credit, she most certainly had worse shit said to her by much larger crowds and never got anyone thrown out..her actually being a woman not withstanding

According to the other guy on Cornette's Drive Thru, (Brian) they didn't kick the guy out. So that's good.
Good, that fan deserves to be kicked out. disappointed by a lot of people in this thread.
Sorry we can't all be social justice warriors.

Last edited:
Yeah, exactly. If that's the route we are going here, AEW can fuck themselves. It was a good attempt at shock humor, and a lot of people laughed, you could hear it got a rise out plenty. Point is that Moxley went into treatment and expected everyone to be 100% behind him and wanted props for doing what he should have been the whole time and that's monitoring his consumption or eliminating it. To go into that promo without a notion how to diffuse the smartasses shows why Moxley just doesn't work as the top guy.
I agree with everything you said except the bolded/underlined part which is pretty ignorant. It's basically impossible for alcoholics to monitor their consumption ("one is too many and a thousand is never enough" is a common recovery phrase) and eliminate it is exactly what he did ... by going to treatment. That's what it took.

He should be commended for publically acknowledging he had a problem and doing what he could to fix it, especially in this industry where tons of people in the past have died over the same issues and it's am industry full of tough guys who don't feel comfortable talking about their real feelings and demons and end up dying young over it. What Bully Ray said was incredibly stupid.

That being said, AEW should not be kicking out hecklers who bought tickets. That's PG, WWE shit. People are already WAY too sensitive these days.

I agree with everything you said except the bolded/underlined part which is pretty ignorant. It's basically impossible for alcoholics to monitor their consumption ("one is too many and a thousand is never enough" is a common recovery phrase) and eliminate it is exactly what he did ... by going to treatment. That's what it took.

He should be commended for publically acknowledging he had a problem and doing what he could to fix it, especially in this industry where tons of people in the past have died over the same issues and it's am industry full of tough guys who don't feel comfortable talking about their real feelings and demons and end up dying young over it. What Bully Ray said was incredibly stupid.

That being said, AEW should not be kicking out hecklers who bought tickets. That's PG, WWE shit. People are already WAY too sensitive these days.
I had a DUI when I was 19, and got arrested 2xs for resisting and battery against the police, I've had PLENTY of facing my issues with drugs and alcohol and been through treatment. The reason they pamper people in that shit is because the substance and guilt make the person mentally ill and need a soft touch and a badge to get thru. Finding the love of my life dead od'd sobered me up. One day I just said no more, and the drinking and drugs and even expensive cigarettes all stopped. That's some of the worst guilt I've ever felt is knowing one day I just stopped after all the pain and suffering and expenses I caused and all I had to do was man the fuck up. I am absolutely not ignorant and knew exactly what I was saying. If Moxley read this, I actually want him to live and not relapse, so I'm be real with him.

The way you worded it made it sound like it was as simple as a choice where he could just say no to drinking and it'd be as easy as that, which would have been ignorant.

It's debatable whether the mental illness is a result of the drug addiction or the mental illness was the always there to begin with and drugs just exacerbate it. It's a "what's first, the chicken or a the egg?" thing.

The way you worded it made it sound like it was as simple as a choice where he could just say no to drinking and it'd be as easy as that, which would have been ignorant.

It's debatable whether the mental illness is a result of the drug addiction or the mental illness was the always there to begin with and drugs just exacerbate it. It's a "what's first, the chicken or a the egg?" thing.
Idk, all I know is Mox should have said something else, but I wouldn't know because I'm not a main event player. The truth is it's great he's doing good, but not everyone sympathetic to those things, so I would like AEW to show a little restraint before canceling fans in attendance, and Mox should work on his coping skills because that's a big part of it! That said, give the guy an angle that gives him some time to adjust, nope, right back to the wolves, so it is what it is.

???

People are complaining because he did the opposite of cry, cussed him out.
Uh yeah he literally cried by losing his composure and saying the word fuck on live TV. Like he let the dude get under his skin that bad. And then demanded that the fan be kicked out (which he wasn't). <Lmaoo>

Uh yeah he literally cried by losing his composure and saying the word fuck on live TV. Like he let the dude get under his skin that bad. And then demanded that the fan be kicked out (which he wasn't). <Lmaoo>
If fan wasn't booted, I could care less then. Mox can say stuff for pop and whatever can be implied, but if AEW actually follow through then LOL

Again, they didn't actually boot him. Mox wanted them to, but he didn't get kicked out. Unless you're suggesting they were wrong on Cornette's Drive Thru?

Good, that's a really shitty thing to say; price of admission shouldn't be carte blanch to be a dick.
Holy shit Trotsky do you actually watch this crap or did your Trans Bat signal go off and you went to where you were needed?

Back