Family sued for building terminally ill son playground

Neighbors are messed up, not necessarily the HOA. I can also say that not all HOA are bad. My previous home was in a HOA, but it was awesome. The clubhouse we had was like a resort without a clubhouse. Lagoon pool, lap pool, kiddie pool, 2 jacuzi's, full gym, kid drop off, cafe, live entertainment on some weekends. It was also only $70/month and included 24 hour security. Most of the home residents were involved and a lot of voting from us. No strict rules like "no parking on your driveway." and they were lax with most of the minor rules. Luckily my new home doesn't have an HOA though. Since in my neighborhood all the newer houses since 2015+ pay an HOA that's almost $100 and all they get is a small playground. Luckily my house is a short 3-4 minute walk to the public park/playground.

HOA sounds like the most unamerican thing ever.... The idea that people can tell other people what they can do with their property in Texas seems so odd to me.

For those who didn't read the article here's the playground in question :

playscape.webp
giphy.gif

Pretty sure this is the playground:

playground-780x405.jpg

Everyone in that neighborhood should chuck their dog's shit onto that neighbor's porch.

I do not get the shitting on the HOA in this thread. They approved the structure, its just the deplorable sue happy neighbor that needs to pull his head out of his ass.

Fuck the HOA. I'll set up a trashy backyard wrestling ring just to spite them

Not that it matters, but actually this is the play structure.
82817055_10220687894897995_3691381200997318656_n.jpg

Cool...I read the article and posted the picture they had with the article...guess it was just a "filler pic." Either way my comments stand as this is a fine looking playground which is in very good shape. Nobody should be whining about this and especially so when the yard appears to be completely fenced in.

The plaintiffs in that lawsuit are in dire need of this:

I’m so shocked a family named Gottlieb would sue lmao......you can’t make this shit up....

Pretty sure this is the playground:

playground-780x405.jpg

https://www.kvue.com/article/news/l...sion/269-651f2ad0-d1f1-4718-ab98-73717a9c6896

It's on a one acre lot and, according to the family, HOA approved. I hope they counter sue their cunt neighbors for everything under the sun

Facebook post from the dad:

"A playscape. Who has ever heard of being SUED over a playscape? Well friends, it’s true. We officially got served this morning with a lawsuit brought on by our next door neighbors. They don’t 'like' our playscape. They claim it brings down their property value. They call it an eyesore and have told us multiple times it goes against our HOA.

A little bit of background: We are NOT the first neighbor he has sued. We live on a 1 acre lot. We tried to get a privacy fence several times and it got denied. (Wrought iron fences only). It’s on OUR property. The HOA approved the playscape before it was ever even installed!!! This has been an on-going debacle since the day we got it. Our next door neighbors have been very vocal that they do not like it and that we should have asked THEM about getting a playscape.

Here’s the kicker — They know Colton’s story. They know what our family has been through. They know he had a bone marrow transplant and has a terminal illness. Yet they still perused a lawsuit. They’re suing for 'damages.' $100,000 in damages. So I come to you all asking for prayers. Prayers for guidance during this time trying to navigate a lawsuit like this. Prayers for our neighbors to soften their hearts and realize how much stress this is putting on my family. And prayers we find a resolution to this situation. I never could’ve imagined we’d be sued for something so petty. Something like a playscape that makes Colton the happiest little boy. ❤️"
giphy.gif

They should have big kids parties every weekend.

this is the type of shit that makes me want to go on a murdering rampage

4chan needs to get after those shit neighbors, make their lives a real living hell.

Back