International Falling out of control Chinese rocket is seen flying over Washington DC

Kind of. Russia still uses it in their Proton rockets to launch satellites but they've stopped production of the Proton.
We use it as well but for small things like satellite correction, the jets used on the descending Mars rovers, etc.
Ok interesting. Is it cheaper to use and make than the alternative? I’d we’re using it for correcting, is it more stable or something that makes it better to use?

Ok interesting. Is it cheaper to use and make than the alternative? I’d we’re using it for correcting, is it more stable or something that makes it better to use?

Newer rocket fuels are safer, but more expensive. The vapor trail from hydrazine and nitrogen tetroxide are very toxic so you're poisoning your civilians as well.
Hydrazine has been around forever, the Nazi's were making it back in WW2 to power the V2 rockets and later the Komet.
For a comparison, I'd say China is about where we were in the 70's but they're using a weird mix of outdated and new technology. I hope that makes sense.

We still use hydrazine because it's a great multipurpose fuel. If stored properly it's very stable and can be stored for a very long time. It doesn't need another tank of liquid (oxidizer) to mix with for ignition, it can be passed over a catalyst (tube of tiny pellets that cause the reaction with the hydrazine) to create propulsion.

Newer rocket fuels are safer, but more expensive. The vapor trail from hydrazine and nitrogen tetroxide are very toxic so you're poisoning your civilians as well.
Hydrazine has been around forever, the Nazi's were making it back in WW2 to power the V2 rockets and later the Komet.
For a comparison, I'd say China is about where we were in the 70's but they're using a weird mix of outdated and new technology. I hope that makes sense.

We still use hydrazine because it's a great multipurpose fuel. If stored properly it's very stable and can be stored for a very long time. It doesn't need another tank of liquid (oxidizer) to mix with for ignition, it can be passed over a catalyst (tube of tiny pellets that cause the reaction with the hydrazine) to create propulsion.
Oh that’s right oxidizing fuels can be complicated and can be dangerous. So it’s easier to use older fuels. Especially if you don’t have the experience and knowledge
Didn’t realize they were still using the Komet era fuels. Thought that was really corrosive and of course dangerous.
Thanks for the explanation it makes sense

Sounds like a job for ...

space-force-flag-ap-ps-200515_hpMain_16x9_992.jpg

China reporting it reentered over west Maldives. So anyone who picked Maldives on your Chinese crashing rocket bingo card you're the big winner.

Seems like China literally gives no fucks about the rest of the world unless it's maybe war. Pollution, viruses fuking rockets crashing to earth I know IDK much about it but seems like no one fucking says anything? I mean like a concerted world effort to put them in check. I hope this shit lands in the middle of Moscow without hurting anyone.

edit because maybe just maybe Russia would be pissed and actually say something
Because every other country has done/is doing the same crap and cannot have their own laundry exposed. Eveyone is culpable here.

i didnt know the maldives were close to washington dc?

this subforum is filled with fascinating information

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back