Fake Weights. Athlean X and other fitness YouTubers

His “I was trolling” excuse was complete BS. To my knowledge, he has yet to fully come clean, and just admit he was lying, and wanted people to e believe he actually was a mercenary.

That aside, his YT beefs were entertaining, if nothing else.
He does come clean in the video I linked. Check it out. He says he wasn't in a good place and that he made an ass of himself.

TIL: people actually watched Jason Blaha’s videos.
I basically just watched videos about him, actually. I almost never went to his channel. Part of me didn't want to give him views and the other thing is it was a little more entertaining when his "greatest hits" were packaged together without filler.

The only thing these fitness you tubers are good for is fodder for the guys like Philion and Fight Time Prod.

He does come clean in the video I linked. Check it out. He says he wasn't in a good place and that he made an ass of himself.

No, in the vid you posted, he does not come clean and say he was spinning lies about himself to big up his empty life online, he just tried to play it off as trolling, or Conspiracy theory stuff; see 6:15 of video.

That sob story stuff is just deflecting from his embarrassing attempt to get clout online from incredible tales of bs.

he's still full of shit about it, but whatever, he's quit being a storytelling tool now.

No, in the vid you posted, he does not come clean and say he was spinning lies about himself to big up his empty life online, he just tried to play it off as trolling, or Conspiracy theory stuff; see 6:15 of video.

That sob story stuff is just deflecting from his embarrassing attempt to get clout online from incredible tales of bs.

he's still full of shit about it, but whatever, he's quit being a storytelling tool now.
Yeah, the guy was clearly never trolling. He just keeps backpedaling to whatever he perceives as the next defensible position. Then when that position is no longer defensible, backpeddles to the next one. I’m no psychologist, but he appears to be a classic example of a pathological liar with delusions of grandeur.

I didn't watch the full video, but in the earlier part, it seems like he was doing just what you were saying--he said he doesn't know why he said what he said and that he was in a dark place in his life and that Mooncookie contributed to make that place darker. Essentially what you said.

I'm assuming he backtracked later in the video. Which doesn't shock me.

I’m no psychologist, but he appears to be a classic example of a pathological liar with delusions of grandeur.

No shortage of those sorts of guys either in the world of MMA and grappling or in lifting. One of the most common b.s.'s are the inflated high school wrestling credentials. I get that all the time. Everyone is a state champion or has a record-setting pin, etc. No shortage of fictitious professional MMA careers either.

I actually think a number of guys I met would make for way crazier viewing than Blaha if they chose to broadcast their tall tales to the internet. I guess that is the difference with him. He chose to put it all out there, for whatever reason.

Last edited:
No shortage of those sorts of guys either in the world of MMA and grappling or in lifting. One of the most common b.s.'s are the inflated high school wrestling credentials. I get that all the time. Everyone is a state champion or has a record-setting pin, etc. No shortage of fictitious professional MMA careers either.

I actually think a number of guys I met would make for way crazier viewing than Blaha if they chose to broadcast their tall tales to the internet. I guess that is the difference with him. He chose to put it all out there, for whatever reason.
This forum has half a dozen of these guys. Most do.

Too? It's literally the one thing I do, which is why I'm on an MMA board. Although I will say all my amateur fights have been in a regular ring, not a cage. Go figure someone on an MMA forum enjoys participating in MMA. Definitely a crazier idea than a powerlifter who doesn't do MMA on an MMA strength and conditioning forum.
The powerlifters here are really clannish and annoying imo

You realize jgarner has competed in powerlifting and was on a powerlifting team right?

I was on a team and I have participated in a couple small meets with them, but I wouldn't really identify myself as a powerlifter. My primary focus has always been S&C for fighting sports and my training program reflected those needs even while I was the weakest member of a powerlifting team.

I don't really care about my big 3 total as much as I care about giving someone that three piece with a soda.

Imagine watching AthleanX for fitness advice, of all the fucking people out there that's the guy you go to lolol

It was a powerlifting/SM forum when I found it in 2008. I basically learned how to lift completely from the guys who used to post on this forum.

It was originally called Strength & Power and there was a separate Conditioning forum. Were you not here before the merge/name change? I can’t remember when that happened.

Your opinion and feelings about it don’t really change things lol.

Carnal's treatise on lifting heavy iron...
Joel Jamieson coming in making all these claims and backing them up...

This was actually one of the best power lifting forums back in the day.Now this forum sucks since the merger. I lurked for ages before finally making an account and was never that active, but this place used to have some amazing advice for strength/power lifting training. In regards to MMA it wasn't the greatest, but it was enough to build a base for an ammy before making the jump to a proper MMA coach.

Carnal's treatise on lifting heavy iron...
Joel Jamieson coming in making all these claims and backing them up...

This was actually one of the best power lifting forums back in the day.Now this forum sucks since the merger. I lurked for ages before finally making an account and was never that active, but this place used to have some amazing advice for strength/power lifting training. In regards to MMA it wasn't the greatest, but it was enough to build a base for an ammy before making the jump to a proper MMA coach.
When I first lurked here way back when, I think the main guy was called Jervi/Jarvi.

I've dipped in and out, saw weird little breakdown of carnal but was away when he stopped posting, as well as urban and the regulars from 12-15 years ago.
It's funny, I do always wonder what happens to people in real life.

I bought Joels MMA conditioning book and bought in to his HRV training methodology. Don't really get on with the infrastructure, but that;s probably just me,

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back