Fake Weights. Athlean X and other fitness YouTubers

Right, I get you goons took it over. It's still called Strength and Conditioning, not Powerlifting on the sub title. So presuming that all anyone cares about here is their big 3 total compared to their bodyweight is pretty silly.

It was a powerlifting/SM forum when I found it in 2008. I basically learned how to lift completely from the guys who used to post on this forum.

It was originally called Strength & Power and there was a separate Conditioning forum. Were you not here before the merge/name change? I can’t remember when that happened.

Your opinion and feelings about it don’t really change things lol.

It was a powerlifting/SM forum when I found it in 2008. I basically learned how to lift completely from the guys who used to post on this forum.

It was originally called Strength & Power and there was a separate Conditioning forum. Were you not here before the merge/name change? I can’t remember when that happened.

Funny you say all that but then you say....

Your opinion and feelings about it don’t really change things lol.

So the fact is this sub has always been intended to be a strength and conditioning forum despite your feelings otherwise. It's literally in the name. That's not really my opinion.

I have nothing against powerlifters. Great source of knowledge for part of the equation.

It's worked well enough to keep me from getting my ass kicked in a fight. You realize this is an MMA board right? I get you're a powerlifter hiding out here, but not everyone cares about being the strongest dude in a onesie for three specific barbell lifts.
Oh yah, i forgot you were a cage fighter too.

Oh yah, i forgot you were a cage fighter too.

Too? It's literally the one thing I do, which is why I'm on an MMA board. Although I will say all my amateur fights have been in a regular ring, not a cage. Go figure someone on an MMA forum enjoys participating in MMA. Definitely a crazier idea than a powerlifter who doesn't do MMA on an MMA strength and conditioning forum.

strength matters in combat sports. When technique is equal or even slightly in favor of the other guy but your strength level far surpasses him, you have the advantage. Especially in grappling. Striking is another story.

Too? It's literally the one thing I do, which is why I'm on an MMA board. Although I will say all my amateur fights have been in a regular ring, not a cage. Go figure someone on an MMA forum enjoys participating in MMA. Definitely a crazier idea than a powerlifter who doesn't do MMA on an MMA strength and conditioning forum.

Actually... This is a strength and conditioning sub-forum on a MMA forum.

This is the place that helped me transition into WL and PL after I was done and too old for team and combat sports. The strength side was always more active than the conditioning side before the merger.

This is the place that helped me transition into WL and PL after I was done and too old for team and combat sports. The strength side was always more active than the conditioning side before the merger.

Wasn't that the reason for the merger? Conditioning forum was kinda of like how the S&C is now.

He supposedly had visible abs in those days and 18 inch arms
He has the same fat-free mass index as Ryback. He's also not bald. He also wrote science fiction novels. He was also a male model. He also CGBP 455 for sets of 5, and leg pressed 2300 lbs. He was also scouted out in high school to perform black ops missions for the US government. He is also a reptilian overlord. He also ate 13 large Dominoes pizzas in one sitting. Just to scratch the surface.

He has the same fat-free mass index as Ryback. He's also not bald. He also wrote science fiction novels. He was also a male model. He also CGBP 455 for sets of 5, and leg pressed 2300 lbs. He was also scouted out in high school to perform black ops missions for the US government. He is also a reptilian overlord. He also ate 13 large Dominoes pizzas in one sitting. Just to scratch the surface.
Not to mention he looks bigger in person, is a ladies man and reverse grip bench pressed 500lbs raw

He also ran a steroid ring coached D1 athletes to cheat drug tests.
Its sad to see how his channel has declined. No viewership and its just training footage where he rambles about needing more strength in certain areas.

I wonder if he was on powder himself back in those days. He was always really aggressive and talked very rapidly.

Speaking of which, you seen this video? I didn't get through all of it, but he talks about his fake mercenary angle in more depth than he has before and says that he made an ass of himself. In all honesty, that's the only reason I ever watched anything related to him.

Speaking of which, you seen this video? I didn't get through all of it, but he talks about his fake mercenary angle in more depth than he has before and says that he made an ass of himself. In all honesty, that's the only reason I ever watched anything related to him.

Yeah he came clean to stop people from harassing him. Also wanted to go legit to become a strength coach I guess. Supposedly he has 20 clients.

Yeah he came clean to stop people from harassing him. Also wanted to go legit to become a strength coach I guess. Supposedly he has 20 clients.
I know he came clean a while back and said it was all a troll but here he seems to give more of a real confession and admit to straight-up lying. From what I saw of the video.

But I think it might work, anyway. Good on him for coming clean, but honestly, the Fake Merc thing and all the absurd lies were what made him interesting. Otherwise, he's just a bald version of Kenny KO or any number of mud-slinging Youtube fitness channels. So people might just lose interest by and large and as a result, stop harassing him out of apathy.

Last edited:
I know he came clean a while back and said it was all a troll but here he seems to give more of a real confession and admit to straight-up lying. From what I saw of the video.

But I think it might work, anyway. Good on him for coming clean, but honestly, the Fake Merc thing and all the absurd lies were what made him interesting. Otherwise, he's just a bald version of Kenny KO or any number of mud-slinging Youtube fitness channels. So people might just lose interest by and large and as a result, stop harassing him out of apathy.

His “I was trolling” excuse was complete BS. To my knowledge, he has yet to fully come clean, and just admit he was lying, and wanted people to e believe he actually was a mercenary.

That aside, his YT beefs were entertaining, if nothing else.

Back