Fake Dana White Condemned for Using Criminal Behaviour as Promotional Material

Should the UFC have punished Conor?

• Total voters
The UFC has resorted to promote an attempted terrorist attack on a bus at a major sports arena in NYC.

This incident with Mcgregor is absolutely terrorism. Just because the guy is white, blonde and famous doesn't make it any less of a crime. Had that been Khabib's crew with like 3 guys named Islam, you'd definitely hear about it on FOX news and most likely they would have been shot on sight or at least be facing terrorism charges and most likely the death penalty. Before you Conor fans say this is ridiculous and try to downplay it just think about it. A major sports event in NYC?

It is just that rich white man privilege and collusion with the UFC that allows him to get away with terrorism.
Stop with the terrorism bullshit, there was no political motivation.

I think it was a work from the start, blessed by Dana and likely orchestrated by Dana, and Conor went too far. Fucking WWE shit.

Regaurdless of how they used the material it actually happened so why not use it to promote?
Even with the jones vs cormier brawl its bad that it happened, but it is good promotion material so use what you get.

Dana White is a scumbag?

Woah.

...is anyone really surprised?

Even with the jones vs cormier brawl its bad that it happened, but it is good promotion material so use what you get.

JJ and DC agreed to be at this event and it got heated.

Conor organized and committed crimes against unprepared and unwilling participants.

This isn't the same thing.

It was obvious that Dana would play the disgusted President of a respectable company that does not tolerate such actions and that he woud then turn around and use every second of it to promote the fight.

He is a weasel.

But of course it will help sell the fight. Also it's part of their rivalry. So it kinda makes sense. Playing the shocked President is what was truly despicable about this. He loved every second of it.

what else was he supposed to do? say, "did you just see that guys?? FUCK YES! Conor pulled through on this one boys! i thought this Khabib/Tony/Conor shit was dead in the water when Tony Baloney blew his wheel out, but now! my main man Conor just did me a solid man! now i got my next commercial already ready and we didn't even book the fight yet! WINNING"

Ideally, I wish UFC would take a stance. They don't have to promote this, but FOX, ESPN, ect. everyone else would have done it for them. I really don't think it would have hurt the promotion.

But I knew they wouldn't, these guys will sell out their titles, their rankings, their fighter's health, any integrity the UFC had.
What Conor did was dangerous and innocent parties were hurt. As soon as I saw it I know Conor wasn't going to face criminal justice (though I hope he will pay Borg etc. handsomely in civil proceedings). I also knew this was going to be cut into an ad, and it would be a good one.

This ad and narrative is a gift for the UFC, they couldn't ask for better.

What Conor did was dangerous and innocent parties were hurt. As soon as I saw it I know Conor wasn't going to face criminal justice (though I hope he will pay Borg etc. handsomely in civil proceedings). I also knew this was going to be cut into an ad, and it would be a good one.

Yup. Conor knew that too.

This and the fact that UFC PR people let Conor and co. into the backstage just confirms this was staged. I think things got out of hand thanks to Conor's stupidity, but still a work.

If UFC didn't promote this and it became the "forbidden footage", it could be even more interesting for casuals. Maybe.

It certainly will
He is on camera doing it
He will have to pay
Also I am no lawyer (@Trojanlegal ) but UFC using this to help Conor's payday might help those suing get more money (since he is capitalizing)

JJ and DC agreed to be at this event and it got heated.

Conor organized and committed crimes against unprepared and unwilling participants.

This isn't the same thing.
Whilst you are correct (and two wrongs do not make a right) Khabib assaulted Artem first. I think Artem was not a willing participant either, heavens knows he couldn't defend himself against one of Khabib's homies, much less 20 of them.

this was a series of escalations which the promotion company could have involved themselves with much earlier.

It certainly will
He is on camera doing it
He will have to pay
Also I am no lawyer (@Trojanlegal ) but UFC using this to help Conor's payday might help those suing get more money (since he is capitalizing)
I have wondered about the repercussions of that, and if we will ever learn details of settlements with Borg, Chiesa etc.. That's just my nosy curiosity though, we don't need to know.

Whilst you are correct (and two wrongs do not make a right) Khabib assaulted Artem first. I think Artem was not a willing participant either, heavens knows he couldn't defend himself against one of Khabib's homies, much less 20 of them.

this was a series of escalations which the promotion company could have involved themselves with much earlier.

I could be absolutely wrong here, but I'm willing to buy Conor saw this as an opportunity to promote moreso than a need for revenge.

1bddcab77842c0198f8f8fb43b936bc5.jpg

I could be absolutely wrong here, but I'm willing to buy Conor saw this as an opportunity to promote moreso than a need for revenge.
He is a savvy promoter. I could believe it. I actually believe more than a few events with Conor over the past two years have been carefully calculated.

Back