Fairtex San Francisco Closing?

is this Daniel Kim? couldnt remember his name...hope i got the right Fairtex Bay Area gym

I'm pretty sure that's not him. He's good though. Daniel teaches at Newark, but he trains under Jongsanan (SF) and Anh (MV & Newark).

Yeah Daniel is quite good, my chin knows all too well LOL.

This may be the most ridiculous cop out ever and clearly directed at the lowest common denominator; those who do not know or care to know what the truth is. Firstly, these programs that which you describe, for ex convicts... They DO NOT exist. Secondly Jerry Brown is cutting programs, Case in point;

redevelopment funding. All that being said Anthony is and was a terrible businessman who treated the gym and gear company as his little mini feifdom and bank account in that order. Insofar as gyms closing all over the city. This is a silly, silly statement. Ralph Gracie has doubled and now
tripled his square footage in the last five years. Gil Melendez is doubling the size of his gym set to open this month on third and 25th in the dogpatch section of SF. And lastly Bay Jiu-Jitsu that originally shared space with another gym has a beautiful spot of their own in Japantown. Save those silly excuses for the employees you
took advantage of and the membership that is unwilling to read into your patchwork of poorly thought out lies....

This thread is about the above

That is Kim. It would be nice to see some video of his KO

im in the process of uploading all the fights to youtube...unfortunately, i stopped recording before the KO for some reason. i think i wanted to save battery life for the pro fights (even though i brought a spare). better to not record the amateur fights and have extra juice than to run out during Saenchai vs Ross...

Fairtex SF members - where do you guys plan to train at? It seems like most of the members are following Jongsanan and joining Gil's gym. I heard some people are thinking about joining Fight & Fitness.

Does anyone know the official opening date for Gil's new gym? Will the Fairtex members get a special rate? I was talking to one of the female fighters from the skrap pack and she said the monthly rates will be $20 cheaper than Fairtex.

edit: nvm was already covered in the thread

Last edited:
To be honest. Last time i visited the place In San Fran was never the same after Alex Gong ran things. Lin skipping town with all the funds.. Thats news worthy.

Oh well. Fight and Fitness seems like the gym to go to if you are on the bay area anyways.

Can't say much about the Bangplee gym as last time i was there there was only a handful of foreign students, however the Pattaya one is always booming as usual. Fairtex needs to sign big name fighters soon, their fighters are aging fast.. they need new young blood.

To be honest. Last time i visited the place In San Fran was never the same after Alex Gong ran things. Lin skipping town with all the funds.. Thats news worthy.

Oh well. Fight and Fitness seems like the gym to go to if you are on the bay area anyways.

Can't say much about the Bangplee gym as last time i was there there was only a handful of foreign students, however the Pattaya one is always booming as usual. Fairtex needs to sign big name fighters soon, their fighters are aging fast.. they need new young blood.

I have been to Fairtex Pattaya twice. The first time in 2007, the training was awesome. I worked with Yak and he had tons of energy and was very willing to teach me new techniques. I went back April 2010 for a few weeks and the training sucked. I still worked with Yak, but he seemed uninterested. The prices nearly doubled but the training wasn't any good. The trainers looked like they were burned out from all the short time farang students.

Last week I stopped by Bangplee, it was a ghost town. I talked a bit with the MMA coach and he told me that he wasn't sure what he was going to do when his contract was up in a few months. He wanted to fight MMA, but felt he was getting left behind by working at Fairtex. He didn't say anything about the number of students, but the place really felt empty.

IMO, Fairtex really missed the boat by not getting involved with this tourist MMA fighter boom in Thailand. Tiger Muay Thai has at least 200 students a month, even as many as 400 in high season. They had a well known brand name in the US, they could have brought over a well known MMA coach and really made a bundle.

Can't say much about the Bangplee gym as last time i was there there was only a handful of foreign students, however the Pattaya one is always booming a
usual. Fairtex needs to sign big name fighters soon, their fighters are aging fast.. they need new young blood.

Lin skipping town IS NOTEWORTHY, rumor has it he has been seen at the Mountain View gym as recent as last Thursday. He has made himself a bit of a Ghost at the San Francisco gym for obvious reasons

Yeah i felt the same way about Pattaya fairtex in my last visit. Trainers there just show up and hold pads except for Dang (he was always helpful and appeared to care about his hard work). The reason i go there is for the nice sports facility and vacation. Last time there Phillip said he was building cheaper rooms next to the facility for foreign fighters to sleep in. And remodeling the large area next to the facility.. Hopefully that is almost finished.

Bangplee on the other hand felt even more different the last time i visited. Far less students and had the feeling as though the gym was on the rocks waiting to tip. There was not even thai fighters training there at all, just a few foreign students (4 max) that stopped by quick for a week. The place was a ghost town indeed compared to 2006.

Personally, i like the fairtex muaythai brand (always sell high quality gear). Like i said before, I know Phillip Wong is aging but someone needs to get this brand back on the top. Starting with new blood of fighters. People will come to your gym if you have the big names. Yod/Kaew/Nareupol still draws in students, but they are aging.

Good luck to Fairtex.. Hopefully they pull this through.

Anyone checking out Gil's new gym on Saturday?

I saw pics on Jongsanan's Facebook and it looks really nice.

Im going to visit the Fairtex camps in thailand in a couple months. I hope that the training is still good!

Yeah i felt the same way about Pattaya fairtex in my last visit. Trainers there just show up and hold pads except for Dang (he was always helpful and appeared to care about his hard work). The reason i go there is for the nice sports facility and vacation. Last time there Phillip said he was building cheaper rooms next to the facility for foreign fighters to sleep in. And remodeling the large area next to the facility.. Hopefully that is almost finished.

Bangplee on the other hand felt even more different the last time i visited. Far less students and had the feeling as though the gym was on the rocks waiting to tip. There was not even thai fighters training there at all, just a few foreign students (4 max) that stopped by quick for a week. The place was a ghost town indeed compared to 2006.

Personally, i like the fairtex muaythai brand (always sell high quality gear). Like i said before, I know Phillip Wong is aging but someone needs to get this brand back on the top. Starting with new blood of fighters. People will come to your gym if you have the big names. Yod/Kaew/Nareupol still draws in students, but they are aging.

Good luck to Fairtex.. Hopefully they pull this through.

Oh, and they told me they are not making anymore Fairtex jerseys, which IMO is one of their best pieces.

Is Fairtex struggling in the sales of their products as well? They've always been a real popular brand.

I gotta get my hands on some Fairtex jerseys. Those are hella smooth.

Yeah, I don't understand it. I placed an order with the lady from Actionzone for a bunch of Fairtex jerseys in different colors, but she said they are discontinued. A few days later I went to Bangplee and they told me the same thing. I straight up told them that was a mistake. I bought two of the black double F jerseys, it was the last of their stock in size large.

I don't think their sales are down, the equipment factory next to their shop seemed quite busy. I wanted to take some photos of the factory, but they wouldn't let me. They wouldn't even let me take photos inside the pro shop. Weird. Although I did notice Actionzone sells Fairtex cheaper than Bangplee.

The Muay Thai Brand shop at Lumpinee has a nice jersey. It isn't cut weird like the Twins jersey. The Twins has narrow shoulders like a wife beater.

Back