Fairtex San Francisco Closing?

Chang87

White Belt
Reaction score
Anyone hear about Fairtex SF closing? I was going to join this month but my brother in law told me not to join because they were closing in September. Where else do you guys recommend training at in San Francisco?

I can confirm that this is happening soon although I dont know the exact date :(. Fairtex in newark and mountain view are both still open. If you have to stay in SF, Bunkerds gym (fight and fitness) is quality

Lots of good options in SF. Fight & Fitness is a great gym and Bunkerd and Neungsiam are great instructors, though it's a small space. There's also FTCC in Daly City.

El Nino Sports is awesome. They have kickboxing/striking classes, but it's more geared for MMA, not pure muay thai.

anybody know why its closing? i went there for a few classes a couple years ago and was looking forward to going back next summer for a few weeks

That sucks. Even though I've never been there I hear it's one of the better gyms in the U.S. Rent is high in SF so it doesn't surprise me that it would hard to keep the gym open in the city

I can confirm that this is happening soon although I dont know the exact date :(. Fairtex in newark and mountain view are both still open. If you have to stay in SF, Bunkerds gym (fight and fitness) is quality

I stay in the Richmond District and work in SoMa. I'm open to any gym that's less than 30 min away. I'll be sure to check out Fight & Fitness. What do you think about World Team USA on Ocean?

Lots of good options in SF. Fight & Fitness is a great gym and Bunkerd and Neungsiam are great instructors, though it's a small space. There's also FTCC in Daly City.

El Nino Sports is awesome. They have kickboxing/striking classes, but it's more geared for MMA, not pure muay thai.

Is FTCC more geared for BJJ? Where is El Ni

El Ninos Gym is in Daly city, i think and Jongsanang is likely going to go be their muay thai instructor as he is Gilberts striking coach.

Anyone know why they're closing??? I'd really like to know. I trained at Fairtex for a couple years and loved my time there. Ganyao is hilarious and an awesome trainer. Bummer to hear.

Anyone know why they're closing??? I'd really like to know. I trained at Fairtex for a couple years and loved my time there. Ganyao is hilarious and an awesome trainer. Bummer to hear.

Yea I'd like to know as well. They seemed like a decent place to train in the city but with high rent in sf and the dwindling economy I don't blame em.

that sucks...was hoping to make it up there to train for a bit at some point.

I stay in the Richmond District and work in SoMa. I'm open to any gym that's less than 30 min away. I'll be sure to check out Fight & Fitness. What do you think about World Team USA on Ocean?

Team USA is a great place to learn the basics.. Very structured but you learn quickly. Expensive though. Check out Gym 445 and Fight & Fitness. Gilbert Melendez is also moving into a large gym sometime this month.. Rumor has it that Jongsanan will be moving on over there..

El Ninos Gym is in Daly city, i think and Jongsanang is likely going to go be their muay thai instructor as he is Gilberts striking coach.

Yup, that's the rumor. Other rumor is that Ganyao is joininh Mike over at Pacific Ring Sports in Oakland.

El Nino's is not in Daly City. He's in SF off of Bayshore and moving to a larger location in Dog Patch later this month.

The new Fight & Fitness location at 123 South Van Ness is pretty damn big.. Jongsanan will probably go to El Nino's

August 30th

I saw Jongsanan and Gil at Combat Sports Academy this weekend. If I would have known about this I would have asked them.

all of the places above are great.
fight and fitness moved into a space that's double in size.

pretty sweet spot.

must say though.....it's an end of an era for Fairtex SF.

Very sad to hear this and was wondering whether it would be acceptable to post when I heard (a while ago). Opted not to, due to previously posting personal info (and my username is my real name, FFS).

They are closing because the gym is simply not making enough money, nothing else. Num is staying with Gilbert.

Num and Ganyao were my first instructors so it is a sad day!!

Back