Fairtex San Francisco Closing?

The cool thing about Fight and Fitness is they have dedicated competition training for both boxing and muay thai. So you can learn legit skills in both disciplines.

This is pretty rare, and is pretty awesome. Downside is that FnF doesn't have much in the way of grappling. When I trained at AKA they had BJJ + Judo + wrestling dedicated classes which was pretty sick.

Man, I really didn't expect that. I train at Fairtex in the south bay, and apparently some instructors from Fairtex SF are gonna start teaching here regularly. Anyways, Fight and Fitness seems like the place to go.

Man, I really didn't expect that. I train at Fairtex in the south bay, and apparently some instructors from Fairtex SF are gonna start teaching here regularly. Anyways, Fight and Fitness seems like the place to go.

Newark or MV?

The cool thing about Fight and Fitness is they have dedicated competition training for both boxing and muay thai. So you can learn legit skills in both disciplines.

Interesting, I didn't know that. Who runs the boxing program at F&F?

I train at Fairtex SF regularly. So yes, the last day for Fairtex SF is August 30th.
The corporate spiel is they could not come to terms with the lease. They also mentioned they were looking for a new location in SF but could not find one in time. I am not sure, but something is not adding up. Also, the gym is usually very busy so not sure what financial problems they had.

I talked Jongsanan and he said he would be moving to Gilbert Melendez's new gym on 3rd and Cesar Chavez St. (Exact location might be 2920 3rd St).
However, he said Gil's new gym will open in September.

Ganyao is rumored to be going to Pacific Ring Sports in Oakland.
Seems like half of the students are either going to Fight and Fitness or Gil's new gym with a few transferring to the Fairtex Mountain View or Newark location.

Yeah Fairtex is always jam packed so I wonder what kind financial issues they had. Oh well, sad to hear about it. Was an amazing place to train.

That's sad. I trained at the previous Gym in Clementina street with Bunkerd, Jongsanan, Enn and Ganyao.

The interesting thing about this is that the gentlemen who runs all the gyms A-------y L-n was still signing new members after having had back door conversations with MANY people stating his intention to close down the gym. Don't be surprised if Mountain View AND Newark members don't get a memo in the next month stating his intention to close those gyms as well. For those of you who train at those gyms you have all seen the steady elimination of classes over the last months.

Interesting, I didn't know that. Who runs the boxing program at F&F?

two trainers: paris alexander and chris cariaso.

since about march they've been dedicated to starting a team. I think they have about 3 or 4 who compete regularly. one of the team members beat top 10 nationally ranked boxer at the regional golden gloves.

This is pretty rare, and is pretty awesome. Downside is that FnF doesn't have much in the way of grappling. When I trained at AKA they had BJJ + Judo + wrestling dedicated classes which was pretty sick.

never knew you were from area. where do you train now? PM me the answer if you can.

check your PM's. i think we know of each other. small world

The interesting thing about this is that the gentlemen who runs all the gyms A-------y L-n was still signing new members after having had back door conversations with MANY people stating his intention to close down the gym. Don't be surprised if Mountain View AND Newark members don't get a memo in the next month stating his intention to close those gyms as well. For those of you who train at those gyms you have all seen the steady elimination of classes over the last months.
Why is Fairtex trying to pull out of the area?

this. Although he (iirc) does not own Newark.

I totally agree with you being a member there for 5 or 6 years it is all A-------y L-n's fault. I'm mad that I renewed for 1 year. :mad: This also really sad cuz Num and Gaynao are good teacher. Ohh and also Mr. L-n sent a letter say refunds take 6-10 weeks.:eek:

anybody know why its closing? i went there for a few classes a couple years ago and was looking forward to going back next summer for a few weeks

Increased taxes (esp commercial property), since Gov Jerry Brown has taken over. Then San Fran has all these "new programs", like continued healthcare coverage for ex convicts that are San Fran citizens. So they pass the prices on to local businesses and it's just too much for many.

Including Fairtex.

Back