fairtex mitts too small? advice?

reeve99

White Belt
Reaction score
hey guys. Need some feedback. I decided to order some focus mitts so I could get some practice in at home. Just ordered the faritex fmv9 contoured mitts. They came and are red and white and the bag had them labeled which are left and right.

I can barely squeeze my hand in them. Its extremely tight and I have a average to small hand. I know the leather will stretch; but should it be this tight? Is there really a left and a right? if so how do you tell. I don't see the difference.

The mitts at the gym seem easy to get my hands into even with wraps on.

Anyone have experience with these mitts?

Maybe they'll break in with use. I do remember saying in the other thread that they were a bit overrated... er, I mean overpriced for the actual product and that there were better options.

Try a few training sessions with them and see if they loosen up any.

if i remember correctly on the fmv9s there is no left and right. if you look at the fmv4 there is. you can tell because where the pad comes out at the side that is where you thumb should be when you put your hand in them. have i confused you now???

hey guys. Need some feedback. I decided to order some focus mitts so I could get some practice in at home. Just ordered the faritex fmv9 contoured mitts. They came and are red and white and the bag had them labeled which are left and right.

I can barely squeeze my hand in them. Its extremely tight and I have a average to small hand. I know the leather will stretch; but should it be this tight? Is there really a left and a right? if so how do you tell. I don't see the difference.

The mitts at the gym seem easy to get my hands into even with wraps on.

Anyone have experience with these mitts?

I don't have any experience with these mitts, but the mitts I bought a few months ago were the same way. I would have to get my hand about half way in and then hit the mitt where the fingers are to get it to go all the way on - and trust me I don't have large hands. Overtime though they have loosened up quite a bit and are very comfortable now. Look at it this way, wouldn't you rather have a snug fit and have it slowly loosen up instead of having too much space and the mitts move on you everytime someone hits it.

Back