• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Fact: Conor has never KO'd anybody with a good chin. His power is the biggest myth of our time.

Conor has a couple 1 punch kos on his resume

he absolutely does...I was just saying that even the biggest punchers in history, only have a handful for legit 1 punch ko's...No matter how hard you punch, it normally takes more than 1 punch to put the guy away...

Of course you are correct so let's talk about something else.

Lotta money to be made KO'ing guys:

ThoseNimbleIndianpangolin.gif

SoupyCluelessChamois.gif

But even more money selling grilling products:

ad.jpg

I find it hilarious, that people on here, actually think that Conor has amazing power.

Uhhh lets look at his most noticeable KOs

Eddie Alvarez....A guy known for being dropped in a shit ton of fights but still coming back(maybe the n00b fans don't know this)...Props to eddie alvarez for having amazing recovery but the guy gets drop like in almost every fight....He is also getting up in age, I am not surprised that Conor KO'd him.

Hell I know for a fact, there is way more times that he has been dropped...They are missing the Hansen gif.
dyvcm1.jpg

tumblr_n26slsdLdq1ry1rm7o3_r1_400.gif

tumblr_n26slsdLdq1ry1rm7o2_r1_400.gif

Nick_Thompson_Vs_Eddie_Alvarez.gif

0_medium.gif

sgl6dc.jpg

Jose Aldo.....Aldo has always been a great fighter but his chin was cracked before McGregor.
3%2Buppercut.gif

qcOkhZPn8J7k77V4QvfB0SETOShHoSUsZzbblBcR42UWxt5YEqS4cC8-7jjZKLmxZ1Ew8-ZwFNGO38WIJR7L7dBwlrYcn757ygGvJcQ039t2ctPyvlkLVxPt5VYJel4URj8FoI4

Aldo Chin was never the same after this fight...Hell He was such a superior fighter, that I don't think his chin ever really got tested.

tumblr_or09z18Ndp1rofocqo1_500.gif

He got rocked by a basic Jab then dropped by a straight....Max Halloway doesn't have that great of power to be rocking people with fucking jabs, then dropping them with a straight.... he is a volume puncher...This leads me to conclude either Jose Aldo Chin was always complete crap or Mendes destroyed whatever of a chin he had.

Chad Mendes
tumblr_my4bad9H8y1ry1rm7o1_4001.gif

Jose%2BAldo%2BHurts%2BChad%2BMendes%2BAfter%2Bthe%2BBell%2BUFC%2B179.gif

3%2Bkd.gif

Jose%2BAldo%2BDrops%2BChad%2BMendes%2BUFC%2B179.gif

TornGrotesqueIndianelephant.gif

I don't think he ever had a good chin to begin with..He just faced a lot of sub-par competition...He gets dropped very easily when he fights competent strikers.

Finally I saved the best for last.

Nate Diaz...The man that people(Conor fanboys) say, has perhaps the best chin ever.

Bendo...Fucking Bendo dropped him lol..Ben, a guy not really known for power...Unlike Conor tho, he wasn't scared to go down to the ground with em.
Benson+Henderson+Drops+Nate+Diaz+-+UFC+on+Fox+5.gif

He also has gotten finished.
josh-thomson-nate-diaz-finish.gif

Nate has a good chin.....and Conor Dropping him was good but he never finished him at all.

Sorry but Conor's power doesn't impress me at all...He has never KO'd a person with a good chin. He has only KO'ed Manlets with questionable chins.

So what fighters at LW/FW do have power?
And which fighters at LW/FW have a chin?

Conor dont hit that hard. He is very precise with his striking.

Nobody was faster and more precise than Mayweather and he couldn't bust an egg. Conor is legit heavy handed.

Any guy that has been knocked down in their entire career = bad chin? Basically what the TS is saying?

He punches almost as hard as TWood according to the punch machine, and TWood hits hard as hell (he's dropped everyone he's connected with). Even if he doesn't have the heaviest hand in the world, any strong punch on the button will put out 99% of fighters. Weak chins are generally a myth, these are guys who just have a tendency to block punches with their chin or temples.

FACT: Threads that start with "FACT" usually aren't facts

Eddie's problem is that his face is a magnet for strikes. Dude has no defense.

Mendes was small and liked to scrap.

Aldo, I don't 100% agree with you on. He charged into a counter full sprint. There was no other way for that exchange to end.

Nate may not have the best chin but he has ridiculous recovery kinda like Edgar.

Conor has good power just not the "touch of death". He's good at knocking out brawlers with counters. He has never had a really good defensive fighter to go against. Everyone was just handing him the counter on a silver platter.

I find it hilarious, that people on here, actually think that Conor has amazing power.

Uhhh lets look at his most noticeable KOs

Eddie Alvarez....A guy known for being dropped in a shit ton of fights but still coming back(maybe the n00b fans don't know this)...Props to eddie alvarez for having amazing recovery but the guy gets drop like in almost every fight....He is also getting up in age, I am not surprised that Conor KO'd him.

Hell I know for a fact, there is way more times that he has been dropped...They are missing the Hansen gif.
dyvcm1.jpg

tumblr_n26slsdLdq1ry1rm7o3_r1_400.gif

tumblr_n26slsdLdq1ry1rm7o2_r1_400.gif

Nick_Thompson_Vs_Eddie_Alvarez.gif

0_medium.gif

sgl6dc.jpg

Jose Aldo.....Aldo has always been a great fighter but his chin was cracked before McGregor.
3%2Buppercut.gif

qcOkhZPn8J7k77V4QvfB0SETOShHoSUsZzbblBcR42UWxt5YEqS4cC8-7jjZKLmxZ1Ew8-ZwFNGO38WIJR7L7dBwlrYcn757ygGvJcQ039t2ctPyvlkLVxPt5VYJel4URj8FoI4

Aldo Chin was never the same after this fight...Hell He was such a superior fighter, that I don't think his chin ever really got tested.

tumblr_or09z18Ndp1rofocqo1_500.gif

He got rocked by a basic Jab then dropped by a straight....Max Halloway doesn't have that great of power to be rocking people with fucking jabs, then dropping them with a straight.... he is a volume puncher...This leads me to conclude either Jose Aldo Chin was always complete crap or Mendes destroyed whatever of a chin he had.

Chad Mendes
tumblr_my4bad9H8y1ry1rm7o1_4001.gif

Jose%2BAldo%2BHurts%2BChad%2BMendes%2BAfter%2Bthe%2BBell%2BUFC%2B179.gif

3%2Bkd.gif

Jose%2BAldo%2BDrops%2BChad%2BMendes%2BUFC%2B179.gif

TornGrotesqueIndianelephant.gif

I don't think he ever had a good chin to begin with..He just faced a lot of sub-par competition...He gets dropped very easily when he fights competent strikers.

Finally I saved the best for last.

Nate Diaz...The man that people(Conor fanboys) say, has perhaps the best chin ever.

Bendo...Fucking Bendo dropped him lol..Ben, a guy not really known for power...Unlike Conor tho, he wasn't scared to go down to the ground with em.
Benson+Henderson+Drops+Nate+Diaz+-+UFC+on+Fox+5.gif

He also has gotten finished.
josh-thomson-nate-diaz-finish.gif

Nate has a good chin.....and Conor Dropping him was good but he never finished him at all.

Sorry but Conor's power doesn't impress me at all...He has never KO'd a person with a good chin. He has only KO'ed Manlets with questionable chins.

So what fighters at LW/FW do have power?
And which fighters at LW/FW have a chin?

Connor hasnt actually Kod anybody of note

He wins by tko, he drops people and then follows up

He Kod Aldo but Aldo jumped directly into Conors power hand

His power is over rated
<30>

Who said that Floyd has good chin? I think that Floyd has never fought someone who hits as hard as Conor does.
Mosley, Canelo, Pacquiao, Cotto, Maidana etc etc...

I remember alvarez and nate and holloway said he hits hard
"I've never fought anyone who hits quite like Conor" - Dustin Poirier

Yeah but you said otherwise, buddeh.
I'm guessing English isn't your first language as you appear to have reading comprehension issues. I'll break it down for you more clearly. Everyone has power when they throw haymakers and overhands. True power is when a fighter doesn't need to reach back to hurt his opponent.

What does "buddeh" mean? Is that like hip Sherdog lingo for buddy? Enthralling.

Conor has very good power, but to day he is a better puncher than guys like Maidana, Canelo, Mosley, Cotto, Pacquiao, etc. Has always been funny to me.

Holy revisionist history lol

I hate Lebron but I won't go around saying he's bad at basketball. I would look like a jackass. I would especially look like a jackass if I used crappy skewed clips to back up my claim. jist ignoring all the clips of Lebron being Lebron.

Haters are going to hate
Ainters are going to ain't

you are typically a good poster, and well aware:

cant compare results of a 4 yr UFC career with the results of a 20 yr UFC career that began with openweight fights.
4 year UFC career vs 13 year UFC career.

His fights outside the UFC don't count toward his UFC career, unless Conor's also count.

Back