Social Facial recognition to replace passports, IDs at US airports

phoenixikki

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
Are You Ready for Facial Recognition at the Airport?
Airlines and TSA are starting to scan faces to get people through security and boarding faster, as privacy advocates warn of unintended consequences

39425377_303.jpg

Travelers have to face a new reality—their faces are rapidly becoming their IDs and boarding passes at airports.

Facial recognition is rolling out at boarding gates for international flights at big airports in Europe, Asia and the U.S., even as privacy concerns about the technology grow.

JetBlue is doing it in New York; Delta in Atlanta, Minneapolis and Salt Lake City, with the rest of its hubs added by the end of 2019. International airlines from new entrants like Norwegian to old hands like Air France also are scanning faces to board airplanes in the U.S.

In Atlanta, Delta is using facial recognition for international passengers in Concourse F at checked-baggage drops, the TSA checkpoint and boarding gates—anywhere you would normally have to show your passport or driver’s license. You just look into the camera. The system identifies you and knows where you are going, so out comes the bag tag. You don’t need a boarding pass or passport at security. Just look into the camera and head to the body scanners. At boarding, smile and you get a receipt with your seat assignment. It’s optional at each stop, but the airline says it’s faster and easier.

Continue reading

When the govt says " It is NOT a surveillance program", you better damn well believe IT IS a surveillance program, you would have to be a right wing pundit/or left wing pundit making millions of dollars on some news channel to say and believe otherwise... FOH. Big Brother is watching, our every move, from Facebook to google, to your damn WiFi and now facial recognition at the airport. If you live in a big city they already have "traffic" cams monitoring your movements, and have been doing so for the last decade and a half..... and then people have the unmitigated guile to talk about Russia hacking our elections, or China and their communist regimes but stay silent and do nothing and merely believe " oh its just to make my life easier!" Meanwhile our govt officials continue to rob us of our freedoms piece by legislative piece on both sides of the political spectrum. They say it's for protection but where were these cameras when Epstein allegedly killed himself? Allegedly not working. Which is pretty convenient for the Elite raping and sacrificing children. If you don't think we are living well beyond George Orwells 1984, you are willfully asleep and are part of the problem.

Last edited:
I’m cool with it

For some reason things like this don’t bother me. I’m not committing any crimes or doing shady business so have at it

39425377_303.jpg

Travelers have to face a new reality—their faces are rapidly becoming their IDs and boarding passes at airports.

Facial recognition is rolling out at boarding gates for international flights at big airports in Europe, Asia and the U.S., even as privacy concerns about the technology grow.

JetBlue is doing it in New York; Delta in Atlanta, Minneapolis and Salt Lake City, with the rest of its hubs added by the end of 2019. International airlines from new entrants like Norwegian to old hands like Air France also are scanning faces to board airplanes in the U.S.

In Atlanta, Delta is using facial recognition for international passengers in Concourse F at checked-baggage drops, the TSA checkpoint and boarding gates—anywhere you would normally have to show your passport or driver’s license. You just look into the camera. The system identifies you and knows where you are going, so out comes the bag tag. You don’t need a boarding pass or passport at security. Just look into the camera and head to the body scanners. At boarding, smile and you get a receipt with your seat assignment. It’s optional at each stop, but the airline says it’s faster and easier.

Continue reading

When the govt says " It is NOT a surveillance program"... you better damn well believe IT IS a surveillance program, you would have to be a right wing pundit/or left wing pundit making millions of dollars on some news channel to say and believe otherwise... FOH. Big Brother is watching, our every move, from facebook to google, to your damn wifi and now facial recognition at the airport. If you live in a big city they already have "traffic" cams monitoring your movements, and have been doing so for the last decade and a half..... and then people have the unmitigated guile to talk about Russia hacking our elections, or China and their communist regimes but stay silent and do nothing and merely believe " oh its just to make my life easier!" Meanwhile our govt officials to rob us of our freedoms piece by legislative piece on both sides of the political spectrum. If you don't think we are living well beyond George Orwells 1984, you are willfully asleep and are part of the problem.

When “national security” fails to justify the surveillance state, just go for “convenience.”

I’m cool with it

For some reason things like this don’t bother me. I’m not committing any crimes or doing shady business so have at it

You wouldn’t. The evil globalist establishment espouses and pushes your leftism onto the people.

Freedom is so yesterday and right wing

I’m cool with it

That's until you commit wrong think.

Its the way of the future.

Convenience alone will make that shit succesful...Just imagine if you needed nothing at all...no ID, NADA.

I’m cool with it

Good boy Zeb.

steve-king-npc-meme-678x381.jpg

If you have nothing to hide, you won’t mind a little search.

What? Wrong think?
He's referencing 1984. It's not just a classic dystopian novel, it's a blue print on where we're heading as a society and nation.

I’m cool with it

You really just went with the "If you have nothing to hide, why does it bother you that the government searches you?" argument?

there's probably a good joke or two in there.

but, seriously fuck this shit

I'm offended that this facial recognition is assuming my gender.

it's getting better at customs, and if this makes my life faster, then great. Still doesnt change the fact that as soon as I'm done with this line, my checked baggage is nowhere close to being unloaded, so it's a bit in vein.

You really just went with the "If you have nothing to hide, why does it bother you that the government searches you?" argument?

Are they searching us? I thought it was about facial recognition?

Are You Ready for Facial Recognition at the Airport?
Airlines and TSA are starting to scan faces to get people through security and boarding faster, as privacy advocates warn of unintended consequences

39425377_303.jpg

Continue reading

When the govt says " It is NOT a surveillance program", you better damn well believe IT IS a surveillance program, you would have to be a right wing pundit/or left wing pundit making millions of dollars on some news channel to say and believe otherwise... FOH. Big Brother is watching, our every move, from Facebook to google, to your damn WiFi and now facial recognition at the airport. If you live in a big city they already have "traffic" cams monitoring your movements, and have been doing so for the last decade and a half..... and then people have the unmitigated guile to talk about Russia hacking our elections, or China and their communist regimes but stay silent and do nothing and merely believe " oh its just to make my life easier!" Meanwhile our govt officials continue to rob us of our freedoms piece by legislative piece on both sides of the political spectrum. They say it's for protection but where were these cameras when Epstein allegedly killed himself? Allegedly not working. Which is pretty convenient for the Elite raping and sacrificing children. If you don't think we are living well beyond George Orwells 1984, you are willfully asleep and are part of the problem.
tenor.gif

it is going to suck to travel but it will probably work very poorly. I recently went to get a REAL ID after losing my ID at hooters and the government had a hard time even proving who I was. I had to get all sorts of ridiculous paperwork .our dmv,vital records and customs agencies suck and their bureaucracy doesn't even align sometimes it all resorts to caveman analog paperwork in the end.

Back