• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Fabricio Werdum still thinks he should be next in line for title: 'I deserve this'

I really don't see how he beats Stipe. Stipe is the better wrestler and striker and has much more pop on his hands.

I think Werdum is a way better striker than Stipe. I just think Stipe is way more durable than Werdum. And wrestling might not help against Werdums JJ. I want to see the rematch.

I dunno. Was pretty straight forward. Either i missed something, or your gene pool is way too pure.

Seriously, I’m not being a dick here (but I was in my last post) watch the fight again if you haven’t seen it in awhile.

Werdum has Stipe backing up and just started charging and throwing. With zero regard for defense. He literally ran into Stipe’s punch.

It was just pure stupid overconfidence on Werdum’s part. I think the way he ran through Cain had gone to his head.

And again, im not saying Werdum is a lock to win the rematch, or even favored, but he’s a solid striker with a good ground game, it is an interesting fight. Probably the most interesting fight at heavyweight right now with the current roster.

I think Werdum is a way better striker than Stipe. I just think Stipe is way more durable than Werdum. And wrestling might not help against Werdums JJ. I want to see the rematch.
Werdum has nice combos, but that's a consequence of him not having much ko power, which Stipe has.

Wrestling helps a lot against bjj, it's all grappling in the end.

Seriously, I’m not being a dick here (but I was in my last post) watch the fight again if you haven’t seen it in awhile.

Werdum has Stipe backing up and just started charging and throwing. With zero regard for defense. He literally ran into Stipe’s punch.

It was just pure stupid overconfidence on Werdum’s part. I think the way he ran through Cain had gone to his head.

And again, im not saying Werdum is a lock to win the rematch, or even favored, but he’s a solid striker with a good ground game, it is an interesting fight. Probably the most interesting fight at heavyweight right now with the current roster.

HAHA, you're arguing with a short busser. I win fuck face!

Na.. fight an actual contender and win.. lost to Overeem.. and beat 2 guys.. one of short notice and the other not in too 10..

Black Beast.. Francis.. Hunt beat any of them before another shot imo

What's up with Cain these days anyways?
It could go to him or Werdum, really.

and IRC Werdum fought like an idiot against Stipe.

In fact all of Stipe's opponents fought terribly in their fights. I mean, yeah, Stipe good. Well rounded and all.. but he lucked out in terms of his opponents shitting the bed

Are people forgetting that he got robbed against overreem?

He should be on a 4 fight win streak, and that would make him 10-1 since his return to UFC.

He fully deserves it.

stipe murks him.

werdum is pillow fisted for HW, has a weaker chin, out powered, out muscled, cant get the fight on the ground

dude went 5 rds with tybura who looked AWFUL - imagine stipe putting on the performance werdum did. stipe woulda got a stoppage.

and stipe has better cardio.

werdum has no path to victory other than a submission

Who else is there apart from Werdum?

Cain, as far as I'm aware is still injured. But if healthy the UFC won't waste the opportunity by letting him have a tune-up fight.
No-one else in the Heavyweight division is in any sort of position to be considered.
Maybe DC could step up, has been rumoured on here since last Saturday as a possibility.

I think Stipe/ Werdum is next. Fabricio screwed up royally in the first fight & he won't be making a similar mistake in the rematch. Stipe might have looked good grappling with Francis but don't fancy his chances trying it against Werdum. A smart Werdum takes the title back & rather easily.

Werdum is definitely the most deserving challenger at this point with nobody else really in the queue.

I wouldn't mind seeing DC fighting for it next and doing the Werdum vs Cain rematch in the meantime. If DC and Cain both win, DC should just retire on top or vacate the HW belt and stick to LHW until retirement. Really not a big deal. A fight between Cain vs Stipe or Werdum for vacant belt would still be compelling and sell relatively well.

Werdum deserves the next title shot. His loss to Reem was highly questionable, and it's not like anyone else has a better streak going at heavyweight.

Coming off werdum and tybura, unfortunately, is the best any contender has to offer right now

Yeah, just let Werdum run headlong into another Stipe KO punch. It will get him closer to retirement.

Jarl

lol at people wanting Cain to get the title shot. God forbids he wins, what then? HW division on hold for another couple of years? Cain should never be anywhere near the title contention.

Back