Fabricio Werdum joins PFL, sees himself fighting ‘two more years’

It's been popular for people to say "ex-ufc/bellator fighter X should just sign with PFL and get an easy million" but it hasn't really worked out that way generally (for brooks, wade, magomedov, velickovic, story, other bellator guys I'm forgetting), but this might be one of the more clear cut cases. Other than Isaev (who's a good matchup for Werdum), who should even challenge him? Their heavies are overall really bad.

But there's still risk, Goltsov's a young fighter and could easily turn a corner with another year+ of training from his last loss. Look at Sordi, he went from getting KO'd by Ataev to demolishing him twice the next year and looking great.
Yes, I think Werdum's best financial plan would be the PFL. Just look at Lance Palmer, easy 2 million, while the rest of the FWs keep fighting for 20/20 or for "legacy".

"I can’t say he turned the fight down, but this negotiation with Fedor didn’t go through because of their side"

My understanding of this is Fedor's side couldn't come to agreement to fight Werdum with Bellator. No one turned it down or didn't want the fight. Fedor's group has never been easy to deal with unless you just lay down to all demands. I don't know who represents him today but it sounds like more of the same. My guess is they feel Werdum rematch is a bigger sell than maybe what Bellator feels like it is and Fedor's side was trying to get the money they thought the fight is worth. After the stalemate Ali decided to up on the door to the PFL. Maybe trying to push Bellator's hand to give into Fedor's demands and in return get Werdum locked down for 4 or 5 fights with Bellator. Maybe its just as simple as Werdum want to fight ASAP or early very early in 2021 and Fedor doesn't want to fight until early Summer.

It is not arrogance, the UFC is the premier MMA organozation in the world. Bellator is #2 and is not even close in terms of popularity. I cant picture anyone watching Bellator but not at least knowing the best UFC fighters. Bellator has a following but UFC fighters are way way more popular. I doubt there is any Bellator fan who does not know who Werdum is.
As far as inactivity goes, while I agree that both fighters will be inactive by the time they fight, they are also in their 40s; they cant wait around too much longer to fight. Plus, you would risk either of them losing their next fight and ruining the rematch.
OMG! Stop sounding like a whiny little fan boy with that garbage about either could lose a tune up fight so you don't get what you want crap. That reads like a pathetic whiny fan. It's fighting, and fighters take that chance so give that nonsense a rest. Also, just because the UFC is the number 1 MMA organization in the world, stop assuming with your arrogance that every single Bellator fan is aware of familiar with Fabricio Werdum. We are not going to agree so let it go

What seems to be the problem with the first fight being against Fedor? Do you really want to risk Fedor or Werdum losing a fight before the rematch? Both of them are over 40 already, if a rematch is going to happen, it needs to happen as soon as possible. For once, I will side with Bellator on this one.

Plus, if Werdum wins the rematch he will be riding high and could possibly get a title shot soon, so that second negotiation for 4 or 5 more fights would be more lucrative, wouldnt it?
I think u misunderstood what he was saying.
I understood that he had no issues accepting the fight and Fedor's team that didn't accepted the terms.

OMG! Stop sounding like a whiny little fan boy with that garbage about either could lose a tune up fight so you don't get what you want crap. That reads like a pathetic whiny fan. It's fighting, and fighters take that chance so give that nonsense a rest. Also, just because the UFC is the number 1 MMA organization in the world, stop assuming with your arrogance that every single Bellator fan is aware of familiar with Fabricio Werdum. We are not going to agree so let it go
IDK why even waste my time arguing with a simpleton like you. I actually dont give 2 shits about your opinion. Keep believing what you want, keep trying to convince others of your idiotic unpopular opinions, keep enjoying Jake Hagger fight some 40 year old dudes. Peace out.

I think u misunderstood what he was saying.
I understood that he had no issues accepting the fight and Fedor's team that didn't accepted the terms.
That would make more sense, however, I think Werdum would be better of in the PFL and Fedor would be better off fighting against easier competition. It would suck for his retirement fight to get submitted again.

That would make more sense, however, I think Werdum would be better of in the PFL and Fedor would be better off fighting against easier competition. It would suck for his retirement fight to get submitted again.
Or knocked out again.

Yeah, i agree with ya. Werdum can still win that one million money in PFL while Fedor can do his farewel tour properly.

What seems to be the problem with the first fight being against Fedor? Do you really want to risk Fedor or Werdum losing a fight before the rematch? Both of them are over 40 already, if a rematch is going to happen, it needs to happen as soon as possible. For once, I will side with Bellator on this one.

Plus, if Werdum wins the rematch he will be riding high and could possibly get a title shot soon, so that second negotiation for 4 or 5 more fights would be more lucrative, wouldnt it?
The quote say FEDOR SIDE didn’t want it 1st brah.

If pfl sign Werdum he'll cut threw those cans all in the 1st.

This is the dumbest opinion you've ever had you could count on ONE hand diehard bellator fans who don't watch ufc.

Wrong. Fabricio Werdum has never fought in the Bellator cage in front of the Bellator audience. Fabricio Werdum will be inactive by the time he would have signed and fought his 1st fight in Bellator, therefore, a tone up fight would have been ideal to get the ring rust off, to get him accustomed to fighting in a Bellator cage, get him acquainted to the 3 round Bellator main events and co-main events. And yes, Fabricio Werdum does need to be introduced to the Bellator audience. Sherdoggers, constantly assuming that other MMA organizations audiences watch other MMA organizations. Straight up arrogance in that mindset.

Honestly dude, I would say at a low estimate that 98% of Bellator viewers also watch UFC. They run their shows on a different night for a reason.

It's been popular for people to say "ex-ufc/bellator fighter X should just sign with PFL and get an easy million" but it hasn't really worked out that way generally (for brooks, wade, magomedov, velickovic, story, other bellator guys I'm forgetting), but this might be one of the more clear cut cases. Other than Isaev (who's a good matchup for Werdum), who should even challenge him? Their heavies are overall really bad.

But there's still risk, Goltsov's a young fighter and could easily turn a corner with another year+ of training from his last loss. Look at Sordi, he went from getting KO'd by Ataev to demolishing him twice the next year and looking great.

I think Big Titty could be a challenge. He became a bit of a meme after the Blaydes loss, but he's a good fighter if a bit boring.

The quote say FEDOR SIDE didn’t want it 1st brah.

If pfl sign Werdum he'll cut threw those cans all in the 1st.
I guess I read that wrong. I dont understand why Fedor wouldnt want Werdum's first fight to be against him, in that case. Either way, it doesnt make sense. But, regardless, I hope Werdum goes to the PFL instead, while Fedor fights some declining legend or retires.

This is the dumbest opinion you've ever had you could count on ONE hand diehard bellator fans who don't watch ufc.

Honestly dude, I would say at a low estimate that 98% of Bellator viewers also watch UFC. They run their shows on a different night for a reason.
Dude likes to have the craziest (or dumbest however you want to call it) ideas and will get defensive when people disagree to his madness. And he doesnt like to be wrong so he will rationalize whatever incoherent opinion he has and defend it to the death to avoid admitting he was wrong.

So maybe Fabricio Werdum vs. Jared Rosholt in his debut?

Werdum vs some journeyman will probably be the first fight. I honestly won't mind seeing him go on a tear.

I'd imagine a new star is gonna be made out of beating Fabricio Werdum though. It happened to Jake Shields and he became an afterthought after Ray Cooper beat him down

Also, I think Werdum is the first former UFC champ to fight in the PFL.

Last edited:
Back