Fabio Maldonado Released from UFC?

5crew

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
I tried googling the news but can't find any. Went back 10 pages and found nothing.

But according to Wiki, He was cut after the Miocic fight?

If it's true, it's total Bullshit! He stepped up a weight class to save the main event and got cut after a loss?

EDIT:
I'm not trying to start a rumor, I simply posted a question that I couldn't find news for after looking at Wiki. I know Wiki can be edited by anyone, but when I posted this thread, I saw no reason why anyone will post that information for no good reason. Shortly after my thread was created, someone from this thread, removed this information from Wiki, so it's not longer there.

I apologise if the title mislead people thinking it's true. There is after all a question mark ending thread title.

Last edited:
Maldonado faced Stipe Miocic in a Heavyweight bout on May 31, 2014 at the The Ultimate Fighter Brazil 3 Finale, replacing Junior dos Santos.[17][18] He lost the fight by TKO due to punches early in the first round. He was subsequently released from the promotion the next day.

From wiki

sounds about right for the ufc.

Wiki can be edited by anybody dude...

Inside source from Team Alpha Male confirms this story. Sucks, really.

Anybody can edit Wikipedia and theres no citation so it's likely fake.

A guy like Brawldonado stepping up and being a company man, he'll lose 4 straight then get an absolute gimme fight so they don't have to cut him.

It's fuckin Wiki. Give it some time before conformation.

Also, he better not have been cut for stepping up to fight a heavyweight in an attempt to save an event.

It's not even on wiki anymore. I don't believe it.

I'd have to say it's not true. But ya never know.

It's not even on wiki anymore. I don't believe it.

Because this Sherdogger edited it out from Wiki. But why would it be there in the first place if there wasn't any news. Yes, I know Wiki can be edited by anyone, but it's not like Maldonado have any haters.

I really hope he isn't cut as well. Because it will be real stupid.

Didnt they do that to brennaman too?

The UFC wouldn't cut him for losing a fight on short notice. They rarely if ever cut a fighter for that.

I glad if he was cut. He is a disgrace for ufc. Having this type of fighters who can't fight but only taking beatings and being ko'd is very bad for ufc's image.

You know that he was on a 3 fight win streak right ?

And I'm sure you also know that he took the fight on short notice against a HW, thing that a lot of people won't do right ?

And I suppose you also know that that's the 1st time he got TKO'd right ?

I wouldn't shed a tear. He clearly gave up and took a dive in the fight. Not that he would have looked much better if he tried.

he was in a winning streak and took a fight on short notice in a higher weightclass to save a main event. no way in hell the cut him. in fact, he probably got a pretty good locker room bonus for getting squashed

Back