F

ReadWrite

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Fabio Maldonado reflects on rough UFC loss
By Elias Cepeda

"That was the worst result possible," Maldonado said.

"I lost in the worst way possible. Horrible. Horrible performance...I have no excuses. If I got tired after four or five rounds, I could blame the fact that I only trained two weeks for this fight, but that was not the case. It couldn’t have been worse."

"I don’t regret taking the fight. I regret fighting the way I fought," he said.

"I could have done better, fighting smarter. I don’t know what I was thinking. I wanted to show that I was calm and he caught me...I should have listened to my corners better.

"They said ‘[Miocic] traded punches with Roy Nelson, he will trade punches with you,’ but I don’t know what I was thinking. I have no excuses. Miocic landed one right hand that caught me, and it was really hard. I wanted to catch him in the beginning of the fight, but I should have fought more patiently."

Cont...

https://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mma-...ado-reflects-on-rough-ufc-loss-161249991.html

I mean respect for even stepping up to a more difficult weight class against a beast like stipe.

This is really sincere and I hope he bounces back

Has the "dude had 40 pounds of muscle on me" excuse to use and doesn't. Respect

I feel that he would have got ko'd sooner or later anyways. He isn't known for his head movement.

Yeah, the taking punches to the face gameplan wasn't smart.

Whats horrible is that the UFC even did that fight.

Thought I would see tons of

"He's not Brazilian" posts

Respect to Brawldonado. Get back to 205 and in the win column sooner rather than later.

Yeah, the taking punches to the face gameplan wasn't smart.

Must admit as soon as I saw him state his 'game plan' it didn't look good for him..

Back