• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

"F YOU DIAZ!" - were these audible on TV?

The f*ck you Diaz chants were really loud & easily heard.

Good job Montreal! :icon_twis

I heard them chanting it, I think Diaz earned it with his constant trash talk but I don't care. I was a bit shocked when the crowd booed Cruickshank and Makdessi about 30 seconds into the fight while they tested the water. That was one of the best fights of the night

Just one thing fuck for a French Canadian is more like damn, ie Fuck j'ai oublier mes clef ( fuck I forgot my keys.) . Don't get me wrong the intent was the same ,but fuck for a Frenchman is a lesser swear. Calisse,Ostie,Criss etx on the other hand are the ones considered vulgerer.

Yes, that is, because "you are going to die" is a common chant among crowds in South America and "to die" has a different connotation, it means to get KO'd, which is why most people watch MMA anyway.

Now, "Fuck you, Diaz!", to me, didn't mean anything but "Fuck you, Diaz!".

I could be biased though, I'm Brazilian, but to sing "you're going to die" doesn't mean they want someone to actually die, ffs.

And "Fuck you Diaz!" probably doesn'T mean that the people from Quebec want to make love to Nick... :rolleyes:

yes, and it sounded like that might be what they were saying,
Goldie and Rogan acted like they weren't sure what they were chanting, so it may have been something in French.

this brought the lulz.

I was appalled and turned the sound off.

are you serious, what are you a pussy

you better not watch a real mans sport like soccer then when people get racially abused

For any person, I was only joking about soccer being a real mans sport but people do get racially abused and I don't mean every game either or every country

Eh, they chan't the same things during hockey games.

I'd rather have cheers or boos or chants then have nothing

well its mild mannered next to european foootball. Its to be expected from a home town crowd when your home town boy is up no? Is it classy? ofc not. Is it to be expected? yes!

Criticizing the ppl calling FU diaz is giving them way to much credit. Some ppl just cant channel their emotions any other way then bad mouthing the opposite side. Some ppl are just plain idiots and should be ignored!

my 2c

stupid canadians. id like a few of you little french wanna be chanters to come down to cali with that shit. get your shit broke fools.

Id rather that then the god damn "USA USA USA" chants! And don't forget brazil's "you're gonna die" chants. Just lovely.

Back