• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

"F YOU DIAZ!" - were these audible on TV?

trentt

White Belt
Reaction score
I was at the event and the crowd erupted into this FU chant maybe a dozen times. I'd say 4-5 times the whole stadium got into it. Was it audible on TV?

It's the first time I hear a crowd telling a fighter to go f*** himself.

Yeah it was quite clear. And hilarious. Oh wait, let me go get my violin for Nick Diaz being disrespected.. hah.

yes, and it sounded like that might be what they were saying,
Goldie and Rogan acted like they weren't sure what they were chanting, so it may have been something in French.

Yep. I heard it. And when he said he was retiring you could hear the "hey hey hey...goodbye" chant too.

Last edited:
I enjoyed Rogan's "I have no idea what they are chanting". Hahaha

The whole fight. Joe acknowledged it in the last round IIRC, saying to the effect "I can't make out what the fans are chanting..." tongue in cheek of course.

Also during the post-fight interview with Diaz it sounded like some fans tried to get the "Na-na-na-na, hey-hey-hey, Goodbye" riff going.

before everybody gets up in arms over this, is there anybody in here that speaks French and can confirm that they weren't chanting something in French?

Is that any worse than the crowds in Brazil chanting something like "you are going to die"?

what annoyed me was how quickly the crowd would start to boo. Literally 1 minute into a fight and they would boo.

Sounded like "Love you Diaz"....jk

"They're not booing, Sir, they're saying Boo-urrnss."

The whole fight. Joe acknowledged it in the last round IIRC, saying to the effect "I can't make out what the fans are chanting..." tongue in cheek of course.

Also during the post-fight interview with Diaz it sounded like some fans tried to get the "Na-na-na-na, hey-hey-hey, Goodbye" riff going.

UFC is turning into WWE.

Yep. I heard it. And when he said he was retiring you could here the "hey hey hey...goodbye" chant too.

Haha yes.....Overall I'd say it was a pretty good crowd. In the prelims they started booing just 30 seconds into some fights. Hendricks/Condit got equally good treatment, Patrick Cot

I enjoyed Rogan's "I have no idea what they are chanting". Hahaha

That was one of the highlights of the night for me. You could hear him snickering right before he said it.

To answer your question, TS. Yes, the chants were surprisingly audible.

Back