Eyepokes though...

eye pokes are huge and fighters tend to try to fight through it.
it changed the momentum of the fight last night

Jones is a joke. He's obviously an amazing fighter but this eyepoking bullshit will tarnish him.

I despise Jones as a person and his constant poking is ridiculous, but the poke wasn't why DC lost. Jones was the better man.

He's a dirty fighter we know that. Never liked him and never will. I had dc narrowly winning rounds 12 and 3 but jones won 4 and 5 decisively.

I despise Jones as a person and his constant poking is ridiculous, but the poke wasn't why DC lost. Jones was the better man.

How do you feel about the pokes in the Gus fight?

It's true that eye poke changed the entire dynamic of the fight in about 30 seconds. As soon as they reengaged Jon attacked that side of Daniel's body several times and took over the entire fight.

He's a dirty fighter there is no denying it.

The only thing that's positive about this last fight was Jon only cheated once. Unlike Gustafsonn where he poked him three times, and teixeira where he eye poked him literally about six times. Same as Rampage he had his fingers all over Rampages eyes for a lot of the fight. But once was all it took to change the momentum of this fight.

He cheated more than once, eye poke, fence grabbing, glove grabbing, short grabbing and sucker punching. guy is talented as hell with insane reach that he uses well but he's also a huge fucking cheat and most of his cheating spawns from his insane reach. This is why I keep losing respect for Jones. He doesnt need to do this bullshit to win but he does because he severely lacks sportsmanship.

Jones eye poked and ened up with a nice breather in which he came back attacking that side of Cormier. He knew exactly what he was doign and he will continue to do this until they start docking points. For the amount of offences he's commited youd think he have the record for most points deducted all time but no they just give him 100 warnings.

Jon eye pokes on purpose and that is demonstrably true. He knows he gets a freebie warning, so why would he stop using it as a technique?

You can't accidentally eye poke your opponent in every single fight. He's skirting the rules but until the rules are changed, there is nothing to be done.

You people are pathetic. Use empiricism if you are going to attempt this argument. Without it, it is a baseless claim.

How do you feel about the pokes in the Gus fight?

Well there were more of them of them and they were more severe. Plus he kept threatening with them.
So I'd say they were more or less a factor.

Maybe the poke affected DC a bit, who knows, but it was a clear cut win for Jones so it couldn't have been a big enough factor to change the outcome.

The fight completely changed after the eye poke. Honestly I can't get over not deducting a point. An eye poke should result in point deduction. Guarentee it would cut eye pokes in half. Jones may be the best fighter on the planet but he remains one of the dirtiest!

Jon Jones shouldn't even get a warning, he should be deducated a point for each eye poke.

It's not unintentional, he does it in every fucking fight, he's sickening.

I wanted DC to win but these threads are embarassing. He lost because Jones was better.

Cormier doesn't say anything about it because he knows people will Hate him for making excuses.

Even if it was accidental, there's no denying that it was a turning point in the fight. And there's no denying that Jones attacked that side immediately, taking advantage Cormier's limited sight.

You people are pathetic. Use empiricism if you are going to attempt this argument. Without it, it is a baseless claim.

Do you know what empiricism means? Do you have to insult people to advance your position? The experience of a Jon Jones fight is that eye pokes happen. in most fights. sometimes it happens multiple times. He eye pokes more then any other fighter in the ufc. Those are facts you can you can verify. Whether or not it is intentional or not, we can only speculate. The fact is Jon Jones is an eye poker. And that is empirically verifiable.

Last edited:
URG, You dont get five minutes to recover from an eye poke, if you say you cant see the ref stops the fight. You basically get a few seconds and then a doctor's check.

You'd think that on a message board dedicated to MMA, populated by MMA fans, the rules of MMA would be common knowledge.

Apparently, not...

Do you know what empiricism means? Do you have to insult people to advance your position? The experience of a Jon Jones fight is that eye pokes happen. in most fights. sometimes it happens multiple times. He eye pokes more then any other fighter in the ufc. Those are facts you can you can verify. Whether or not it is intentional or not, we can only speculate. The fact is Jon Jones is an eye poker. And that is empirically verifiable.

Provide the data, that is all I am asking. I am not even sure what you are getting at here.

that eyepoke fucked dc up last night... was doing fine till it happened

When I started this thread I thought a lot of people were going to say oh you're butthurt, etc.

But I am happy to see that many agree that the eyepokes were a factor. Some even agreed that they were a deciding factor.

I just don't get why referees don't give a point reduction. before every fight, referees visit the fighters backstage and talk them through what they want the fighters to pay attention to. Why Herb or John just wouldn't tell him to lay off the pokes because they wont cut him any slack this, I'll never know.

Back