Eyepokes though...

BTW: I also dont get why fighters like Glover, Gus and DC dont speak out against those eye pokes..

This is a crazy idea...

...but...

...have you ever considered that maybe they aren't as significant as Sherdog makes them out to be?

And if you haters are looking at the gif above but STILL try amd cry about how it was intentional then you are just hating. Nothing else. You were probably all excited when it happened because you had your excuse for when DC loses. Soooo predictable.

The fight changed because Jones put a one sided beat down on your boy Cormier. Jones is the man, the GOAT! The winner and still champion! Go Bones! Hoo ha! He whipped your boy good!

Has the dude had a single championship fight without eye poking?

That's too many eyepokes to be counted as some sort of "unintentional foul".

The dude is dirty.

Exactly....this.

The eye poke clearly wasn't the only factor as Cormier did slow down as the fight progressed BUT I do think pokes and low blows can make a much more significant impact on fights than many here seem to think.

Certainly I think the reffing standards are massively out of whack with how hard it is to get a points deductions and how much can be gained from deliberately cheating.

I was not anti Jones at all in his early reign and really don't give a dam about his personality(indeed I hardly ever listen to interviews or even post fight comments) but I find myself rooting against him purely because he's arguably the most consistent cheat we've ever seen in high level MMA.

DC has too much character and heart to do something like take the entire 5 minutes but you are absolutely correct and I agree that he should have done so. I was hoping he would have.

The eye-pokes thing is such a serious thing for me and I cannot stand JBJ's dirty fighting style all in the name of wanting to be the best. No doubt Bones is talented, has stamina and can take a punch however, all that is shit sometimes when you look at the real number of times he has used the eye poke in his favor. And it all seems to be conveniently timed when he needs it to change the tempo.

DC wasn't on the road to win this fight and the eye poke didn't have the game changer effect so much as the body shots he took. But it still royally sucks that this eye poke thing continues to be a topic of real concern. You Twitter users should mass on JBJ's twitter and ask him when he plans on removing eye pokes from his arsenal.

I think the UFC needs to make an effort to do away with eye pokes. First they need to get rid of those gloves and use something like what was used in Pride. I don't remember eye pokes in Pride at all. I also think they need to have automatic point deductions for guys that are constantly poking people in the eye. It's easy to enforce. If someone poked someone's eye in their previous fight, then he will automatically be deducted a point in his next fight if he does it. Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Jon Jones poke someone's eye twice in a fight, but wasn't deducted a point. It's such a career ending injury. It's funny how they had such a strong stance against Paul Harris, but they are so relaxed when it comes to eye pokes...

http://middleeasy.com/fighting/item/13244-the-top-ten-jon-jones-eye-pokes-in-ufc-history

here's ur source :)

Btw luv ur bill the butcher pic...now thats an eyepoke haha

Which champ fight didn't it happen in?

You just using the same regurgitated meme claiming every open palm to the face is an eye poke yet now the vitriol is that "Jones has eyepoked in every fight".

Lol, face it boys you witnessing the greatest MMA career ever being made.

method=get&s=jon-jones-10-05-11-12-53-10-270.JPG

tumblr_lq2ghqUmgI1qht847.gif

This is a crazy idea...

...but...

...have you ever considered that maybe they aren't as significant as Sherdog makes them out to be?

Have you ever thought that even if they dont hurt...(which again I believe they do)...they give Bones a breather too?

Jones is a dirty fighter, there is no question about it. Have any of you guys ever been eyepoked btw? It hurts as hell and also sets your body in chock for a quick moment which has a big impact on your performance further on. Looking at all those eye pokes and how they are being executed, it

And if you haters are looking at the gif above but STILL try amd cry about how it was intentional then you are just hating. Nothing else. You were probably all excited when it happened because you had your excuse for when DC loses. Soooo predictable.

I'm sorry, what gif are you looking at? Jones has his fingers curled, DC takes a step forward, and Jones immediately unfurls his fingers and sticks them in DC's eyes. What part of that is unintentional?

He could already gauge the distance with DC literally at the end of his outstretched arm, the fingers weren't necessary.

People acting as if Jones intentionally pokes eyes as part of his strategy. WOW, just WOW....Let the hate flow through you, boys!

I'm sorry, what gif are you looking at? Jones has his fingers curled, DC takes a step forward, and Jones immediately unfurls his fingers and sticks them in DC's eyes. What part of that is unintentional?

He could already gauge the distance with DC literally at the end of his outstretched arm, the fingers weren't necessary.

Wow. You Jones haters are a special bunch.

Forget poking eyes as part of a strategy. They are now trying to justify that without the foul "things would surely go different" and he needs it to win

Forget poking eyes as part of a strategy. They are now trying to justify that without the foul "things would surely go different" and he needs it to win

If he doesn't need it to win, he should stop doing it. I called DC out for grabbing Jones trunks last night, too. Dirty fighting is dirty fighting.

If he doesn't need it to win, he should stop doing it. I called DC out for grabbing Jones trunks last night, too. Dirty fighting is dirty fighting.

What round? Shit I promoted to yellow belt just now...haha

Jones is a dirty fighter, there is no question about it. Have any of you guys ever been eyepoked btw? It hurts as hell and also sets your body in chock for a quick moment which has a big impact on your performance further on. Looking at all those eye pokes and how they are being executed, it

What round? Shit I promoted to yellow belt just now...haha

Ah, I don't remember. I'd have to go through the PBP thread.... Uh, I'll do that I guess.

In the fifth, during one of the clinches in the center of the octagon. I streamed it last night with two camera angles, not sure of the exact time. Jones was clinching with DC, and DC had a hand full of Jones' trunks.

Back