Eyepokes though...

Standardb

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
Everyone saying Jones best this and that. But Cormier was landing good punches until he got poked in the eye. After that JJ lands a few kicks and elbows on the side where he poked DC's eye.

Same with Gustaffson fight, Gus takes Jones down. Seconds later (seriously watch it/maybe someone post gif) Gus gets poked and isnt the same.

Didnt anyone feel that this in fact diminishes Jones' stature as a fighter? :-/

Ehhh....it wasn't even that bad of a poke. If you watch Cormiers post fight he talks ALOT about the body knee in rd 1 and the punches to the body. I think thats what threw him off.

would I like to see less eyepokes? Of course. Will I discredit his credentials because of a minor foul here or though? Absolutley not

But it was a poke and when Dean asked DC if he wanted to continue he said "Wait"...
And putting the fingers inside the gloves, and raising his hands and then sucker punching DC...

I truly think Jones is a good fighter and was very impressed by him standing his ground and more against DC's wrestling...

But Jones's head movement is very bad, and needing fouls to secure him as topdog...doesnt make him the GOAT in my opinion...

BTW: I also dont get why fighters like Glover, Gus and DC dont speak out against those eye pokes..

JJ does it cuz he knows the ref won't do shit about it.

Sad, but that's how they are in the UFC.

Let the eyepoke go. DC had many opportunities to mention it and he didn't. It wasn't a factor. DC lost and was very humble. It was hard to watch all the praise coming out of his mouth about how great JJ is especially after all the trash talk.

It was an accident, they bumped fists and everything.

It's true that eye poke changed the entire dynamic of the fight in about 30 seconds. As soon as they reengaged Jon attacked that side of Daniel's body several times and took over the entire fight.

He's a dirty fighter there is no denying it.

The only thing that's positive about this last fight was Jon only cheated once. Unlike Gustafsonn where he poked him three times, and teixeira where he eye poked him literally about six times. Same as Rampage he had his fingers all over Rampages eyes for a lot of the fight. But once was all it took to change the momentum of this fight.

The eyepoke wasn't the difference in that fight.

DC should have taken the 5 minutes to recover. He would have looked bad doing so, but it's obvious that he needed the breather.

But it was a poke and when Dean asked DC if he wanted to continue he said "Wait"...
And putting the fingers inside the gloves, and raising his hands and then sucker punching DC...

I truly think Jones is a good fighter and was very impressed by him standing his ground and more against DC's wrestling...

But Jones's head movement is very bad, and needing fouls to secure him as topdog...doesnt make him the GOAT in my opinion...

BTW: I also dont get why fighters like Glover, Gus and DC dont speak out against those eye pokes..

maybe because they aren'tcas bad as the haters try to make them look?

Ah yes, now that it's the day after the Jones haters are back in droves. Jesus h christ you people are the worst.

It's true that eye poke changed the entire dynamic of the fight in about 30 seconds. As soon as they reengaged Jon attacked that side of Daniel's body several times and took over the entire fight.

He's a dirty fighter there is no denying it.

The only thing that's positive about this last fight was Jon only cheated once. Unlike Gustafsonn where he poked him three times, and teixeira where he eye poked him literally about six times. Same as Rampage he had his fingers all over Rampages eyes for a lot of the fight. But once was all it took to change the momentum of this fight.

I agreee...you can see the fight change afterwards. And I truly believe that DC not saying anything about it, is pure pride. Because he'll get a ton of haters for it. then again I think he still should have

Not a Jones hater and am even going to say it is just a coincidence that the momentum shifted after the eye poke, but you'd be blind not to see that it did indeed shift after the eye poke.

DC should have taken the 5 minutes to recover. He would have looked bad doing so, but it's obvious that he needed the breather.

Yup. Anyone with a half a brain woulda took the full 5 just to recover theur breath

I don't see how anyone can argue that Jones isn't a dirty fighter. I think he's gotten like four warnings in every fight I've seen him in. Still, it's on the ref and the commission to do something about it. If they won't call him on it, he won't stop doing it.

Seriously, though, how do you accidentally poke someone in the eye in every fight? I thought it was funny how DC had a solid round, and then boom, accidentally gets poked in the eye.

Ehhh....it wasn't even that bad of a poke. If you watch Cormiers post fight he talks ALOT about the body knee in rd 1 and the punches to the body. I think thats what threw him off.

would I like to see less eyepokes? Of course. Will I discredit his credentials because of a minor foul here or though? Absolutley not

I'm not with OP in saying the eye poke changed the fight, it was gas tanks.

But an eye poke is not a minor foul, some guys have to return with blurred vision, or may not even be able to return at all.

If you're a guy who is eye poking in every single fight it is an issue, and Jon Jones has done it in every fight, sometimes more than once.

Because the "eyepokes" meme is silly as shit to them, since they're not online dweebs looking to trololololo someone, and don't have an issue w/ it.

DC talked at length during the Presser giving props to Jones.

Back