Social Explain to me why rural and metropolitan america are so different when it comes to voting.

Both of these statements are false. Urban incomes are higher, and rural poverty rates are higher.

https://www.census.gov/library/stor...ome-growth-across-united-states-counties.html

It's telling that people can't even attempt a rational response to the question without spewing self-serving BS. And, of course, the prevalence of BS narratives is part of the story here. Another part would be that more division of labor puts more emphasis on metacognition and requires more rational coordination, which requires universalist (as opposed to tribalist) values, which are the essence of liberalism. Good interview here that kind of touches on the issue:

Really interesting interview.

So you didn't say it, but now you did. That's exactly my point : you immediately demonize the other side, who would immediately demonize you too.

I'm not demonizing anyone, I'm simply stating facts. There are people (mostly from cities) that believe our democracy is illegitament and many that advocate and carrying out its actual loot and destruction. Even if on a laughable scale, thats still what they are doing.

I don't hate any of them, and I consider them all to be Americans even if they don't themselves. It's their right to hold any view they wish, no matter how misguided.

I cant imagine living in a village there

Got to dodge bullets like matrix

Nah. We've got pretty strict gun control. So there aren't many guns in the rural areas, other than in the hands of farmers.

No, in the rural areas you're much more likely to be dismembered.
That's why I moved back into the city <Lmaoo> I'd much rather be shot.

Left see themselves as part of a group that's why they live in crammed cities

Rural want space and to be left alone...they see themselves as individuals first and they want freedom

When large amounts of people live together in close proximity, they require more government regulation to solve their problems. Also when you have different cultures/lifestyles mixing and melding in this highly populated environment, they are more likely to be socially open to acceptance of their differences.

Rural areas are less populated and the people are more independent minded. They don't need as much regulation and don't appreciate it as much. Also they are less likely to interact regularly with people who are different from them, so more likely to be socially conservative.

This seems like a good answer.

I never said city folks weren't real Americans, you did.

But now that we're on the subject, there does seems to be quite a lot of city dwellers that don't claim their own country as their own. Many of them openly detest the United States.

Which is quite strange considering all the demands your average left city dweller has of the United States and the government.

Liberal rejects - "Fuck the USA, the government, and their oppression of the disenfranchised!

Also liberal rejects - "Let's give unfettered power to the federal government to enter and control the lives of Americans!"

LOL at country folk being more pro-government, and more trusting of our nations institutions.

It's a well known fact that states with large rural populations tend to be net receivers of government transfers. Urban areas subsidize government spending in rural areas.

FedAidtoStates-011.png

-1x-1.png

Im in rural California and that fact couldnt be more true. Trump flags all over my parts. Im down with the cause too. I like my land, my guns, and my freedom.

Another thing that im starting to think is different between here and the usa is that aparently reading this thread the usa countryside is the place with less educated people and its "poor" compared to the cities. Here in brazil its pretty much the oposite, for historical and governmant reasons the countryside is the most educated place and with less poverty here ( especially the countryside of the south and center of the country, its indeed true that the countryside ot the northeast and north are a lot poorer )

I don't have the numbers but I would assume that just as many low educated people in cities as there are in rural areas.

Back