Social Explain to me why rural and metropolitan america are so different when it comes to voting.

Bangkok ready d1

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
First of all im not from the usa, but i have a very little understanding of what are the more "conservative" and "liberal" areas of your country, it does surprise me though of how much the voting patterns are different in the big cities to the countryside, don't get me wrong that does happen in my country as well ( in general the rural parts are more "conservative" everywhere in the world i guess ) but not to the same degree, i was surprised to see the maps where biden won and than i realized he basically only took some cities in this states ( shit i was surprised of how many republicans there were in northern california ) anyway guys, explain to me.

First of all im not from the usa, but i have a very little understanding of what are the more "conservative" and "liberal" areas of your country, it does surprise me though of how much the voting patterns are different in the big cities to the countryside, don't get me wrong that does happen in my country as well ( in general the rural parts are more "conservative" everywhere in the world i guess ) but not to the same degree, i was surprised to see the maps where biden won and than i realized he basically only took some cities in this states ( shit i was surprised of how many republicans there were in northern california ) anyway guys, explain to me.

Anti social ppl move to ranches and burbs so it stands to reason they'd vote for anti-social party.

Look at Keyne. Has two multi thousand acre ranches and started pining for Trump.

Different problems requiring different solutions and the hierarchy in which they are valued are different.

Also, leftists are better at propaganda
Trump: "Everyone lies but me, the Dems are stealing the election with illegal votes"

You: "I believe you. I don't know what it is...but I just believe you"

People in rural areas tend to make more money and they live there because they just want to enjoy their lives and not be fucked with by people or the government.

Cities have way higher poverty levels, so people tend to vote left because they are relying on the government to better their lives.

What they don't understand is the left will never truly better their situation because without the poor, the left doesn't exist. They need people to be poor and they need to keep them in poverty to keep getting reelected. All they do is sell wolf tickets of hopes and dreams but they'll never let you get there because once people make it, they normally start voting right because they don't want the government taking their money away.

When large amounts of people live together in close proximity, they require more government regulation to solve their problems. Also when you have different cultures/lifestyles mixing and melding in this highly populated environment, they are more likely to be socially open to acceptance of their differences.

Rural areas are less populated and the people are more independent minded. They don't need as much regulation and don't appreciate it as much. Also they are less likely to interact regularly with people who are different from them, so more likely to be socially conservative.

Some say potato, some say patatoe. We are 50 little countries united under one umbrella. Of course there will be differences

Left is generally progress.
Right is generally tradition.

Progress is in the city.
Tradition is in the country.

People in rural areas tend to make more money and they live there because they just want to enjoy their lives and not be fucked with by people or the government.

Cities have way higher poverty levels, so people tend to vote left because they are relying on the government to better their lives.

What they don't understand is the left will never truly better their situation because without the poor, the left doesn't exist. They need people to be poor and they need to keep them in poverty to keep getting reelected. All they do is sell wolf tickets of hopes and dreams but they'll never let you get there because once people make it, they normally start voting right because they don't want the government taking their money away.

Depends on the state/region though.

I had the opposite experience. I grew up in Appalachia and 25% of my county's population lived under the poverty line. Most people living in Pittsburgh had it way better than us. That's nothing compared to what's been going on in rural WV and eastern KY for the last 60-70 years. Super remote places with crushing poverty. Poor people live in all kinds of places.

Depends on the state/region though.

I had the opposite experience. I grew up in Appalachia and 25% of my county's population lived under the poverty line. Most people living in Pittsburgh had it way better than us. That's nothing compared to what's been going on in rural WV and eastern KY for the last 60-70 years. Super remote places with crushing poverty. Poor people live in all kinds of places.

I'm not saying it's 100% but just look at the voting map. Almost all the cities are blue and all the rural areas are red. It's not an absolute but it's the way it is for the vast majority of the country.

There are simply massive clusters of poverty in cities that way outnumber the rural areas.

A lot of reasons they have entirely different interests.

1. Rural areas are more self-sufficient and don't have the problems urban areas do.

2. They aren't surrounded by millions of strangers every day. "The government needs to step in to tax and regulate that guy more" isn't really a thought anybody has because they probably know everyone who owns the businesses in their area.

3. There is no rural homelessness or gangs. "Affordable housing" and a bunch of public programs aren't relatable, needed or desired.

4. They are more religious. Their church and community help each other out in areas non-religious urban people want the government to do.

5. They are the last places funding for anything goes. Any funding for anything is going to places with more people, so it's additional taxes for nothing in return.

6. Rural people are the first ones that get wiped out in every left wing revolution.

Rural folk are good family ppl

urban folk are morally corrupt drug users

Back