Excited for Bellator 149?

Two age 50+ guys fighting more than 20 years after their first rematch.

Two street fighters who are a good 10 years past their "street prime."

Two guys who lost in the first round of the Bellator LHW tournament.

Curious? Yes, a bit. Is this really a good card? Don't be a fool.

its much better than the upcoming ufc fight night

Not really excited, but of course I'll watch. I hope the main event ends quickly, I don't want to see Shamrock and Gracie stumble around for ten minutes. I guess the same can be said for the co main.

I wouldnt be surpised if the Gracie Shamrock fight will have a predetermined outcome influenced by lots of
monetary units or future "matches".

I wouldnt be surpised if the Gracie Shamrock fight will have a predetermined outcome influenced by lots of
monetary units or future "matches".

I hope not, but I still think Shamrock-Kimbo was a work...and I rarely say that. There were just too many weird things--long clinching periods; Shamrock's TDs were just too easy (he hasn't gotten a clean TD in years with his bad knees, but Kimbo seemed to fall straight back on purpose); and of course Kimbo almost passing out then escaping the choke like it was the WWE.

I think this fight is less likely to be a work, though. I can't imagine either Royce or Shammy having much of a career to build up...even in Bellator.

I am, I started watching MMA at UFC 6. I missed Royce and Kens rivalry the first time around.

When was the last time a HW fought a WW in North America? I love the David vs Goliath type matches.

Also, who the hell knows how it's going to play out and who's going to win? I'm excited for it.

Kimbo vs. Dada is highly predictable though, to those who watched DaDa`s other MMA fights. I don`t care about that one, but it`ll be entertaining.

I am, I started watching MMA at UFC 6. I missed Royce and Kens rivalry the first time around.

When was the last time a HW fought a WW in North America? I love the David vs Goliath type matches.

Ken was like 204 against Kimbo...and of course that's with no weight cutting. He's in the MW-LHW range, though he's definitely heavier than Royce.

Ken was like 204 against Kimbo...and of course that's with no weight cutting. He's in the MW-LHW range, though he's definitely heavier than Royce.

Fair enough, but he hasn't fought at LHW since 2006, so he's still a HW fighter IMO

No matter what haters say. Will still watch this and if UFC card was on same day i would watch Bellator :)

ABSOLUTELY! 100% ALL-IN!

Am I excited? No, I'm not excited for this Bellator event. I will watch it though. Bellator can't decide if it wants to be legit modern-era MMA or old school nostalgic "freakshow" MMA. Regardless of what they are showing I will shamelessly watch it.

Nothing on that card excites or interests me. I'll probably end up watching it for a laugh though, only because there's nothing else on that night.

Yes... I want to see Kimbo vs Dada. That should be a fun ghetto brawl.

Im laying money on Kimbo.. I think that Dada guy is just too awful.. truly, like soccermom level shit you know.

There are a few legit fights in the card but the 2 freakshows will be bizarre to watch. I love that.

I hope not, but I still think Shamrock-Kimbo was a work...and I rarely say that. There were just too many weird things--long clinching periods; Shamrock's TDs were just too easy (he hasn't gotten a clean TD in years with his bad knees, but Kimbo seemed to fall straight back on purpose); and of course Kimbo almost passing out then escaping the choke like it was the WWE.

I think this fight is less likely to be a work, though. I can't imagine either Royce or Shammy having much of a career to build up...even in Bellator.
LOL... that had fix written all over it.

I felt so stupid for betting in that fight. I had money on Kimbo but he was out when Ken let him stand up.

Even at his age, Ken Shamrock should be able to finish a perfectly placed rear naked choke in a bum like Kimbo.

I'm watching but not for great MMA skills to be on display. More for entertainment purpose only.

I'm excited for it too the card has good prospects like Ryan Hollis, Charlie Ontiveros, Daniel Pineda, ect.

I am, but if both of these fights are shit like Ken vs Kimbo was, it is going to permanently affect my interest in Bellator tentpole events going forward.

images

Back