Evolution will no longer be taught in Turkish schools

False+and+True+Evolution.jpg

They are brushing a theory under the table...not science itself. It's not real anyway.

From everything I've witness it is real and needs to be further explored.

It is far...FAR more grounded in science and reality than say...man being created instantly and woman being created from a fucking rib.

Macro-evolution is the exact same process as micro-evolution, just on a larger time scale you jackass. The process behind both are exactly the fucking same. They are both verifiable through genetics and the fossil record. Only asshole idiots don't believe in this shit anymore.

They are not exactly the same process you fool. One invloves natural selection based on a pre-existing pool of genes/traits. The other involves the creation of entirely NEW genes/traits.

And no you cannot verify you're fantasy through fossils and genetics. You've been led astray my man.

From everything I've witness it is real and needs to be further explored.

It is far...FAR more grounded in science and reality than say...man being created instantly and woman being created from a fucking rib.

It's a theory that is entirely unproven and based upon evidence shine find convincing and others don't.

That's why you shouldn't call this science. If it was proven by science then you should be able to demonstrate it.

They are not exactly the same process you fool. One invloves natural selection based on a pre-existing pool of genes/traits. The other involves the creation of entirely NEW genes/traits.

And no you cannot verify you're fantasy through fossils and genetics. You've been led astray my man.

You have no fucking idea what you're talking about. Did you learn that stupid shit from your pastor or something?

Evolution, both micro and macro, works through mutation, migration, genetic drift, and natural selection from generation to generation over a period of time. Micro-evolution is the exact same fucking thing as macroevolution, just on a smaller scale.

Just what do you think happens when something over goes micro-evolution over the course of 3.8 billion years? God damn, there's some real fucking idiots running around. Genetics is literally based on the idea of evolution. That's how genetic testing works you dumb ass. And the fossil record is a physical verification of macro-evolution. There's a clear blend as evolution takes place.

When Christian retards pretend like the mountain of evidence directly supporting evolution means nothing, but some stupid fucking book from 2000 years ago in the ME is the word of god based purely on faith, it really makes me depressed. You're a grown ass man in the 21st century. Stop being an idiot. If you want to believe in god then fine, but stop blatantly dismissing proven science.

TCK doesn't believe in 'macro' evolution, but believes that there were a few thousand species on Noah's Ark that went through some super mega evolution that produced all the species we have today.

Creationists. :rolleyes:

Turkey has plenty of legit intellectuals, many of whom would make a better fit in American universities at this point. But please, don't let facts get in the way of your posting.
Can we do a swap ? I think we should do a swap : send them our Sunnis who yearn for an Islamic society for their secular intellectuals.

TCK doesn't believe in 'macro' evolution, but believes that there were a few thousand species on Noah's Ark that went through some super mega evolution that produced all the species we have today.

Creationists. :rolleyes:

Don't try to figure him out. It'll make your head hurt. This is what brain washing looks like.

Turkey slowly turning into a solid victory for radical Islamic terrorism.
No way Erdogan could have pulled all the stuff the last 2 years if it weren't for all the turmoil in the middle east.
And the many terrorist attacks on Turkey.

As far as the war on terror goes I would say this is the biggest victory any side got so far.
Probably the real reason is that the secular rationalist Turks were always a minority and the image the Western powers painted of Turkey being this great secular modern nation that proved a Muslim majority nation is compatible with secularism and modern society was always more wishful thinking than reality.

So I guess we're in for a 40 page TCK evolution thread again. I guess its been a while since we've had one of these...

It's a theory that is entirely unproven and based upon evidence shine find convincing and others don't.

That's why you shouldn't call this science. If it was proven by science then you should be able to demonstrate it.

Any time you see an animal adapt and change it's biology to deal with the environment...you have evolution. And we've seen that happen.

That's science.

We don't even NEED to discuss the science as it comes to dispute your fucked up fairy tale beliefs.

(even though we most certainly have evolved over time)

Hell, in our short life span on earth relatively speaking, man has grown larger than our ancestors...and that's factual.

Don't try to figure him out. It'll make your head hurt. This is what brain washing looks like.

It's amazing how he takes a beating in every evolution thread but keeps coming back for more.

I'm not much of a conspiracy theorist, but I'm almost convinced that his ultimate goal is to help people learn about biology by posting ridiculous garbage so people will correct him.

Probably the real reason is that the secular rationalist Turks were always a minority and the image the Western powers painted of Turkey being this great secular modern nation that proved a Muslim majority nation is compatible with secularism and modern society was always more wishful thinking than reality.
You're right that it was more wishful thinking than reality. Turkey was always a state founded on authoritarianism, ethnonationalism, and military rule. That's hardly a recipe for a proper liberal democracy. Erdogan tried to move away from the latter two aspects with civilian Islamist rule but kept the authoritarianism so not really much better.

Any time you see an animal adapt and change it's biology to deal with the environment...you have evolution. And we've seen that happen.

That's science.

We don't even NEED to discuss the science as it comes to dispute your fucked up fairy tale beliefs.

Hell, in our short life span on earth relatively speaking, man has grown larger than our ancestors...and that's factual.

And more or less hairy, depending on our environments.

All you've ever seen is the process of natural selection working upon pre existing pools of genes/traits. You've seen some traits degrade to the point where they seem like new features(but arent) but you've need ever actually seen entirely new features and functions form randomly through mutation or anything else.

You have witnessed micro evolution but not macro.

That's not macro evolution tho. That's natural selection working upon pre existing genes/traits...ie micro evolution.

In my experience, they were doing ok as a secular country. Trouble started when the US took out Saddam and the Kurds started to make demands.
They just always also had a lot of Nationalism mixed in as well. That is always dangerous.

I have been to Turkey several times and have many Turkish friends. I think they can function just fine as a secular nation.
I mean Erdogan's version of Islam in the 90's or the 2000's worked fine. He is just using it now to establish his power.
An issue we wouldn't have today if the US didn't meddle in other people's affairs once again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blunttruth
Back