Everybody ranked ahead of Wonderboy is a grappler

The UFC needs to implement a clause on a fighters contract that any form of wrestling or grappling is banned when fighting against Wonderboy
UFC needs to give bonuses to finishes. Would help out a lot. Could make it where a KO/TKO gets a bigger bonus than a sub. Also have it where multiple finishes in a row gets your bonus multiplied or something. Need to reward the contractors for putting on better performance and not just a few.

Why does it suck then? It's MMA, not kickboxing. Why does it suck that there's a lot of fighters ahead of him being better than him at MMA?
Sucks because I'm a wonderboy fan and because I think he could beat Edwards to become champ? Not sure what you didn't understand... weird reply.

Yeah, he did before he lost a step, he’s still fast and the reactions are good, but there’s so much footage of him that people just figured out what works to get him to the canvas and hold him there.
Yeah, I wonder who he has the best chance against among the guys ranked ahead of him. Still think he can keep it standing against Edwards but he'd have to be more cautious of course and that wouldn't be as fun to watch as what we witnessed tonight.

Why does it suck then? It's MMA, not kickboxing. Why does it suck that there's a lot of fighters ahead of him being better than him at MMA?

Suck is an exaggeration. Belal made a leap and Burns is Burns.

Nobody likes it when a WW names a LW, but I would not mind at all if WB said he’s here for it if McGregor/Chandler/Poirier/Gaethje wants to come up. Could always run back Jorge. Magny. Leech. Rowe. Barbarena. Lawler.

There are good fights, he’s just not beating the top half dozen guys.

Sucks because I'm a wonderboy fan and because I think he could beat Edwards to become champ? Not sure what you didn't understand... weird reply.

It's cool that you want your boy to become champ, I get that. Sucks that he's good at kickboxing and not champion material at MMA.

They should only be putting him in fights against strikers for fun match-ups from here on out

Yeah it was pretty wierd actually that none of the wrestlers that came up after his matches with woodley had to go through wonderboy..

Usman, colby and askren all got to the top without facing the top striker of the division.. hardcores would be crying their salty little eyes out if there were 3 powerhouse strikers at the top without facing the dreaded "wrestler"..

Last edited:
It's cool that you want your boy to become champ, I get that. Sucks that he's good at kickboxing and not champion material at MMA.

Pretty fucked up take on a guy who has a draw for the belt and wins over former and probably future champs.. not championship material..

Last edited:
I mean many thought he beat Woodley and he did better against Luque, Burns and Rory than Woodley did. He could have been champ, just not a dominant one. Also not all divisions are anywhere near as grappler heavy as 170. Khabib's last 7 opponents were all strikers.

I’d like to see him get another crack at the title, but an earned crack at it. Maybe a fight with Conor. Any win against Conor makes someone a legend

Yeah, I wonder who he has the best chance against among the guys ranked ahead of him. Still think he can keep it standing against Edwards but he'd have to be more cautious of course and that wouldn't be as fun to watch as what we witnessed tonight.
I’m thinking
Kamaru Usman wins the rematch
Belal Muhammad, Leon takes an ugly SD
Colby Covington, very competitive
Khamzat Chimaev, Leon gets marked
Gilbert Burns, Leon outpoints him as long as Burns doesn’t connect flush
Vicente Luque same as Burns
Stephen Thompson, wins a decision obviously predicated on if he can keep it standing 3 rounds without losing a 10-8 round.

It sucks because I think he has a decent chance against Edwards but I'm not sure he can beat any of the guys ranked ahead of him.

Leon would just wrestle Wonderboy too. Leon has used his grappling to neutralize strikers many times in his climb to the title. And he knows how to stick to game plan. His well roundedness is understated

Last edited:
Back