Everybody ranked ahead of Wonderboy is a grappler

Pretty fucked up take on a guy who has a draw for the belt and wins over former and probably future champs.. not championship material..

Honestly, I'm probably just getting tired of the ridiculous hyperbole on here. Where the likes of McGregor sucks and Wonderboy is wonderful.

I got caught up in the moment,

Honestly, I'm probably just getting tired of the ridiculous hyperbole on here. Where the likes of McGregor sucks and Wonderboy is wonderful.

It happens sherbro..

I've given up even mentioning mcgregor or jones.. if sherdog was to be believed they are the worst fighters ever.. which is fine, they aren't good people and sherdog has precious little feelings.. it's just that talking shit about high level guys extends to the fighters they fought..

Both jones and mcgregor has beaten som all time greats and if they got beat by cans like jones and mcgregor.. what does that make them? And the guys they beat?

Like he did to Tumenov when he realized that he was getting outstruck. Edwards is a lot like Masvidal - a high level striker who can outgrapple most.

The overall point about Leon might be right, but Masvidal is obviously a bad example to use in this case as he couldn't get Wonderboy down lol.

Reactions: CPH

People are completely irrational when it comes to Conor. Blinded by hate. They say some of the most ridiculous shit and have since a long time ago. If you listen to haters describe Conor and never saw him before you'd think he was like 6'4 and only fought guys that were 5'3 before the Diaz fight.

Yeah it was pretty wierd actually that none of the wrestlers that came up after his matches with woodley had to go through wonderboy..

Usman, colby and askren all got to the top without facing the top striker of the division.. hardcores would be crying their salty little eyes out if there were 3 strikers at the top without facing the dreaded "wrestler"..
Good point. Strange
I’d like to see him get another crack at the title, but an earned crack at it. Maybe a fight with Conor. Any win against Conor makes someone a legend
Ok, on the first part, no.
But fighting Connor period would be awesome! Get Wonderboy a PPV payday. A standup war between those two is very interesting.
Also, Connor will not be able to trash talk the Godly Wonderboy.

Good point. Strange

Ok, on the first part, no.
But fighting Connor period would be awesome! Get Wonderboy a PPV payday. A standup war between those two is very interesting.
Also, Connor will not be able to trash talk the Godly Wonderboy.

What part of the first part? Earning a crack at a title?

I'm from South Carolina. Wonderboy seems like an exemplary person. I should love the guy, but that hair annoys me to no end.

Sucks that he's good at kickboxing and not champion material at MMA.
<PlusJuan>
giphy.gif

Pretty fucked up take on a guy who has a draw for the belt and wins over former and probably future champs.. not championship material..

why bother with circular reasoning and mental gymnastics? The guy cant beat the best in the division. TS expresses this to a certain extent in the OP

If he could defeat wrestlers he would already have a title by now.

Therefore:
not champion material at MMA

why bother with circular reasoning and mental gymnastics? The guy cant beat the best in the division. TS expresses this to a certain extent in the OP

If he could defeat wrestlers he would already have a title by now.

Therefore:

He has defeated wrestlers..

Not just the right one at the right time..

What is your point, that anyone who didn't conquer the belt was never champion material?

He has defeated wrestlers..Not just the right one at the right time..
What is your point, that anyone who didn't conquer the belt was never champion material?

If he can't beat the wrestlers ahead of him in the rankings *as stated in the OP*, then hes not championship material

If he can't beat the wrestlers ahead of him in the rankings *as stated in the OP*, then hes not championship material

We don't know if he can do we?

Askren, colby and usman got to the top without passing go.. they fought rda and maia for 2 years while wonderboys manager found out wonderboy is sleeping with his wife and convinced him to fight pettis..

Yeah it was pretty wierd actually that none of the wrestlers that came up after his matches with woodley had to go through wonderboy..

Usman, colby and askren all got to the top without facing the top striker of the division.. hardcores would be crying their salty little eyes out if there were 3 powerhouse strikers at the top without facing the dreaded "wrestler"..
Well, Thompson did go 3-2, facing all strikers before running into Burns and Muhammed. He hurt his own reputation with the performances against Woodley, for the title, then 2 more boring fights before facing Holland. The promotion was trying their hardest to keep him away from wrestlers for his own sake

Well, Thompson did go 3-2, facing all strikers before running into Burns and Muhammed. He hurt his own reputation with the performances against Woodley, for the title, then 2 more boring fights before facing Holland. The promotion was trying their hardest to keep him away from wrestlers for his own sake

Yes and no.. lawler was and still is beloved for his bloody rise and reign as champion.. woodley starched him in 2 minutes.. wonderboy fought blood, guts and points (mostly points) over 50 minutes.. how is that showing bad really when no one talks about lawlers bad showing against woodley?

Yeah, i agree, inflation of good to great grapplers at ww..

Yes and no.. lawler was and still is beloved for his bloody rise and reign as champion.. woodley starched him in 2 minutes.. wonderboy fought blood, guts and points (mostly points) over 50 minutes.. how is that showing bad really when no one talks about lawlers bad showing against woodley?

Yeah, i agree, inflation of good to great grapplers at ww..
While the first fight was good, the rematch between Thompson and Woodley was a dull fight. A ko loss to Pettis and a pair of dull fights against burns and Muhammed have done a number on Thompsons' rep as a must see fighter. Even the fight with Darren till was considered a let down.

There's really no reason to try to bring Lawler up when he was making fans take notice 20 years ago

Wonder boy used to do great against grapplers- not sure what happened

Love Wonderboy, should have been champ, but the responsibility right now is on him to focus entirely on grappling and less with keeping his striking game sharp despite his age. I can understand that the strongest part of his game is probably reducing over time, but if he doesn't pick up the other parts right now, title territory will not be in sight again.

Back