Crime Every single student at LeBron James' school has failed

Do you know any CEOs or senior leadership team members of any company? I do and all they do is work. They're pretty shitty family men & women for that exact reason. They literally have nothing else in their life except work.

I think you've been gaslit by the Community daily worker newsletter.
This is true. People at the top get there because they work like dogs, and work like dogs to stay there. People who claim business leaders don't work hard don't know any business people, or anything about business.

My brother in law was a co-founder and cfo for what was a billion dollar solar company. He always talked about how much he worked yet his "business trips" included flying out to college and NFL football games, the NBA finals... and not even with clients or anything, just his wife and kids.

Another "business trip" was going to Vegas to play in the WSOP via the 10k buy in.

Rich business people call things "working" that other people would call vacations, because "they're always working", and grossly exaggerate the hours they work because what they consider work is much different than what the average person does.

So he co-founded a successful billion dollar company and is responsible for it's financial wellbeing - and does this whilst enjoying paid vacations.

That's the epitome of working smart not hard

Yea most of them aren't doing what most of would call work. It's nonsense jet setting and fancy country clubs. Go ahead and have some stupid idyllic vision of big daddy bossman working 1000x harder than you to earn 1000x your wage.

You may as well be a medieval surf talking about how heavy the crown must weigh on your King.

Your pay isn't dictated by how hard you work, it's dictated by how scarce your labor is and how much others are willing to pay for that labor. Have you ever met with, talked to, or worked alongside a CEO in your life?

This is true. People at the top get there because they work like dogs, and work like dogs to stay there. People who claim business leaders don't work hard don't know any business people, or anything about business.
It's easier if you just convince a lot of wage slaves that they can be successful like you if they work as hard as you do, and make then insecure and deluded by overinflating both how many hours you work (because you're always working) and guilting them into working insane hours of actual grueling work to make you more money.

Then when they are burned out from seeing minimal gains and advancement, you either get them to quit so they dont "infect" anyone else with their negativity or lay em off and bring in a new batch of bright eyed idiots you can convince to work their a**es off for you...

So he co-founded a successful billion dollar company and is responsible for it's financial wellbeing - and does this whilst enjoying paid vacations.

That's the epitome of working smart not hard
Ya, and now he's being sued because it went under for installing shoddy equipment and lying to customers, and they also fired everyone without notice breaking labor laws so they have a class action lawsuit for that too.

But keep carrying water for rich assholes, one day you'll be part of their group.

(you wont)

Ya, and now he's being sued because it went under for installing shoddy equipment and lying to customers, and they also fired everyone without notice breaking labor laws so they have a class action lawsuit for that too.

But keep carrying water for rich assholes, one day you'll be part of their group.

(you wont)

You sound bitter

Your pay isn't dictated by how hard you work, it's dictated by how scarce your labor is and how much others are willing to pay for that labor. Have you ever met with, talked to, or worked alongside a CEO in your life?
Quite a few actually

His idiotic point is that they only work 10hr weeks and have more money and time to spend raising a child. You can be dismissive of the work, you can think it is far easier than blue collar jobs, you can think they are overpaid but time is time. You'd be hard pressed to find any CEO that is working 10hrs a week, let alone one that works 10hrs a week and pulls a salary higher than someone working 80hrs a week at McDonalds.
I was more inferring that they probably only do 10hrs of what we would call work. The rest of the time may be spent away from family but it's off doing nonsense "business" trips and silly golf course meetings etc.

Why is it hilarious?
Cause to right wingers Lebron represents a rich black man with tattoos who they think kisses ass of China when all their fav politicians do too, proof of poor kids failing is Dems fault they think cause Repub solutions are way better and they think all those kids will grow to inconvenience them outside Target for change and take their tax dollars for weifare. Never mind the vast majority of welfare recipients are poor white people. They want the “ good ol days .” MAWA( Make America White Again ) .

I'm CEO of the universe, ask me anything!

You sound bitter
For his success? No. For working for him and getting treated like garbage having my contributions downplayed (I was the warehouse manager and saved them millions with procedural changes and renegotiating prices with our vendors) and seeing firsthand how rich entitled a**holes gaslight people into killing themselves for them (even if theyre family)? It's not so much bitterness as a combination of disappointment and wasted effort.

I make almost double what I made working there and don't have the stress I did, don't work the insane hours I did either (nor the same level of responsibility). Going above and beyond for sh*tty companies without any compensation becomes an expectation.

Thats the biggest failure of the US school system, really. Teachers have to pick and choose their battles. Do they spend a lot of time and effort on kids that are behind to try and catch them up and risk the rest of the class falling behind? Or do they work on the rest of the class, and let the kids that are behind just stay there. And despite what some people might tell you, it's not always a money issue. It sometimes is, yes, but it's also a issue child to child. Some kids want to learn, but didn't hit the ground running from the start so they fell behind. And some kids... well they just don't give a shit. Teachers are generally stuck in the position of having to choose which ones to work with, and which ones to abandon. And as the kids get older, it only gets worse and worse. Especially since schools are set up for a 'everyone needs to learn everything' mantra, instead of a 'how about we let kids concentrate on what they are interested in and excel at?' plan that would let more kids succeed, at least somewhat, in something they can do rather than dump them in classes they struggle or have no interest in.
I agree with you everywhere except on the money issue. It's 100% a money issue but it's about money much earlier in the process.

Today's kids enter kindergarten expected to know things that prior generations were expected to leave 1st grade knowing. When you think about it, that's crazy considering that kindergarten is the first formal schooling that many kids get.

So a kid who was in a low quality daycare or just staying with grandparents or something is going to be massively behind a kid who was at a high quality daycare or any setting that really pushed academics prior to formal schooling. And what the kid is exposed to is often an offshoot of how much money the parents have to spend. Parents with money can pay for more academic daycares or, and we did this, pay for a nanny to provide 1 on 1 instruction. But even that was affordable because my wife doesn't work 5 days a week.

So, unfortunately, it still ends up coming back to money. Just it happens long before they get to kindergarten. One of the primary reasons that free universal daycare should be on the table.

I agree with you everywhere except on the money issue. It's 100% a money issue but it's about money much earlier in the process.

Today's kids enter kindergarten expected to know things that prior generations were expected to leave 1st grade knowing. When you think about it, that's crazy considering that kindergarten is the first formal schooling that many kids get.

So a kid who was in a low quality daycare or just staying with grandparents or something is going to be massively behind a kid who was at a high quality daycare or any setting that really pushed academics prior to formal schooling. And what the kid is exposed to is often an offshoot of how much money the parents have to spend. Parents with money can pay for more academic daycares or, and we did this, pay for a nanny to provide 1 on 1 instruction. But even that was affordable because my wife doesn't work 5 days a week.

So, unfortunately, it still ends up coming back to money. Just it happens long before they get to kindergarten. One of the primary reasons that free universal daycare should be on the table.

The problem being that daycare in the US is a train wreck. There just flat out aren't enough people willing to do it anymore. I have freinds that have kids, and they have to fight to get their kids into any daycare facility because there aren't enough to go around. Very few people are willing to do it now, because its a lot of work, with a lot of training, and all it takes is one angry parent to throw all your training and schooling into the trash and light it on fire. So facilities can pick and choose who they take in, because nobody can really tell them otherwise. Sadly it's currently a lose/lose situation for a lot of people. Long gone are the days where the neighborhood grandmotherly type or the family friend could watch everyones kids, as now that will 100% get the city, county, and state on their asses in a heartbeat for a number of reasons.

In the end, it comes down less to money, and more to parents. Even spending a few minutes a day with your kids reading with them, or even watching something educational instead of the usual PBS or youtube trash, makes a world of difference.

<JagsKiddingMe>

Data was collected from the CEOs in 15 minutes increments, 24 hours a day, seven days a week for three months. Overall, the study collected 60,000 CEO hours.

It reveals, on average, the leaders worked 9.7 hours per weekday, which totals just 48.5 hours per workweek. They also worked 79 percent of weekend days at an average of 3.9 hours daily, and 70 percent of vacation days with an average of 2.4 hours on those days. Altogether, the study found that
CEOs worked an average of 62.5 hours a week.

CEOs are the top of the food chain. They are in the same ballpark as medium business owners. There is no doubt that they work a lot and 62.5 hours seems light unless they deem that as intense work compared to just lounging around.

However what about everyone else? Most managers and high paying positions do fuck all. I do about 2-4 hours of real work a day and the rest of the time I spend watching movies or chatting shit. I get paid significantly more than the median income.

This is why I laugh at anyone who wants to open their own business. Running your own business sucks and the hours are disgusting. Working a normal 9-5 is the way to go for most people.

The problem being that daycare in the US is a train wreck. There just flat out aren't enough people willing to do it anymore. I have freinds that have kids, and they have to fight to get their kids into any daycare facility because there aren't enough to go around. Very few people are willing to do it now, because its a lot of work, with a lot of training, and all it takes is one angry parent to throw all your training and schooling into the trash and light it on fire. So facilities can pick and choose who they take in, because nobody can really tell them otherwise. Sadly it's currently a lose/lose situation for a lot of people. Long gone are the days where the neighborhood grandmotherly type or the family friend could watch everyones kids, as now that will 100% get the city, county, and state on their asses in a heartbeat for a number of reasons.

In the end, it comes down less to money, and more to parents. Even spending a few minutes a day with your kids reading with them, or even watching something educational instead of the usual PBS or youtube trash, makes a world of difference.
The pay for daycare workers is absolute trash and the expectations are way higher than the pay warrants..

It is still a money thing though.

Let me drop an anecdote here to illustrate my point. My kid is formally tested as profoundly gifted, 99.9+%, member of high iq societies, etc. So, not a dummy. My wife and I spent a ton of time on academic pursuits - math, reading, writing, etc. Additionally, like I said, 3x/week we had a 1 on 1 nanny situation taking him to museums, aquariums, kiddie plays, etc. So, not parents who were neglectful of educational enrichment. However, when we went to apply to pre-k (a fancy private school option) we learned that he was behind expectations on certain things. How? Because the school expected him to have been taught certain things. And since we were educating how we saw fit, we had missed those specific things.

It didn't affect his ability to get in (he could read since he was 3 y.o., do complex math for his age, a solid chess player from 4 years old, just absurdly smart in a way that's impossible to miss). But, technically, he was behind the other kids. At his ability level, we bridged that gap in a week or two. But not everyone has a kid of similar ability nor the time to devote to those things - assuming someone even bothers to tell them.

So, when people say "just spend time on educational stuff" it's misleading because the educational stuff is a very broad subject and most parents have no idea what the expectations are for kindergarten or 1st grade. So they might be doing the education thing and still coming up short. That's where the quality daycares and similar facilities make a difference.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biden's Diaper
Back