Ever work in a fast food joint?

@Sir Galahad do you ever make your own burgers and BBQ them?

I make my own burgers from scratch grill them on my hibachi. I have a Lodge cast iron grill I take to the lake. Bought it on Amazon. @HI SCOTT NEWMAN

lodge-cast-iron-sportsmans-31583.jpg

First job I had was when I worked at Taco Bell at 16. I was there for 4 months, but ended up quitting when the two cool managers and two coworkers that were around my age were fired when they were caught by a district manager getting high in the walk in freezer. I wasn't there that day and everyone else that worked there was in their 30's or 40's and were really serious about the job. I worked there for maybe one more month and it wasn't fun anymore because I had nothing in common with my other coworkers due to the age gap, so I quit.

A few weeks later I got hired at Round Table Pizza and loved working there. I went from $5.00 an hour at Taco Bell to $7.50 to start at Round Table and thought I was making hella money now lol. I worked there for 3 years and more than likely would have been there longer if I didn't move out of state for school. Playing Golden Axe, Street Fighter and Final Fight for free before my shift started and during breaks, getting free pizza and working with cool people, I can look back at working there all these years later and think that it was probably the most fun I ever had at a job.

Last edited:
I make my own burgers from scratch grill them on my hibachi. I have a Lodge cast iron grill I take to the lake. Bought it on Amazon. @HI SCOTT NEWMAN

lodge-cast-iron-sportsmans-31583.jpg
Excellent, I also make my own from time too time, if I have enough time then I will make my own. That grill looks great.. burgers at the lake is my kind of peace!, love it.

Any Sherdoggies ever work in a fast food joint? Any pros or cons about working?

My Freshman year in college I worked at A&W. Saved a ton of money eating at work and taking food home after my shift.

Yeah, worked at Subway in Miami when i was 19.
Got fired for beating 2 customers with their own footlong hoagie.

True story. Posted it somewhere here a while ago.

Worked at McDonalds when I was 16. I didn't do shit but fuck around, sneak out to smoke weed, and steal food. Got fired after 3 months of my antics.

Worked at McDonalds when I was 16. I didn't do shit but fuck around, sneak out to smoke weed, and steal food. Got fired after 3 months of my antics.

Definitely manager material here. They missed out.

Outback, if that counts. I was a bartender during cullinary arts school college for about 45 days. Worked even less since it was that units opening months.
Much better for chicks than the lower kitchen positions.

Edit: pay was shit and if not for tips you'd die.
Dirtiest kitchen I ever saw.
Fryer oil looked like used truck diesel.
I was 18, mostly drunk and stoned out of my mind for all of college (3 of them, this being cullinary arts), and never saw worse shit than there.
haha, the perks of being in culinary school

haha, the perks of being in culinary school
Those were actually great years. Around 2005.
Endless sex with college/clubbing girls, booze, weed, some acid and mdma, raving, reasonably tolerable hangovers(since then I found out how harsh shit gets), short work hours, no bills... by the 3rd or 4th semester I went to work as a cook overseas for a while and it was great...
being young is great. I nearly shed a tear.

Carl's Jr. has one of the best fast food burgers. @Estemachine @Jackie Blue

They came to Brazil some 5 years ago.
I was impressed tbh, it actually tastes like food, unlike most of those burger chains.
However, their burgers tend to not be very warm. On this one store at the airport, that is.

Back