Even Rogan dislikes RR/HH

I didn't say that or even imply it. I'm not saying either that Nunes doesn't deserve a shot, I merely said there's nothing "clear" about it.

She did beat McMann without the help of Herb "best for business" Dean, that's a pretty big accomplishment,

I didn't say that or even imply it. I'm not saying either that Nunes doesn't deserve a shot, I merely said there's nothing "clear" about it.

Well this looks clear to me

Holm-Reneau.gif

1 clean strike and almost got wrapped up by a no name

mUAN1c9.gif

This to a former title challenger that only Ronda has finished

The fight makes no sense. Even Greg Jackson said she wasn't ready before her last fight and that she needed more time. To say that Holm has been not tested with competition is an understatement. Her ground game cannot be even close to ready to facing the top 5 let alone the greatest female grappler to ever walk the earth.

Greg Jackson has said she is ready.

No one's ground game is ready enough to face Ronda. Regardless, Holm has been a pro mma fighter for longer than Ronda, its as ready as its gonna be.

Holm-Reneau.gif

1 clean strike and almost got wrapped up by a no name

mUAN1c9.gif

This to a former title challenger that only Ronda has finished

It's a great win, I don't see anyone denying that.

There's no denying either that she's got fairly recent losses vs Zingano and D'Alelio. So again: there's nothing "clear" about her having deserved the shot. I don't see why that is even debatable.

In fairness Rousey would have a difficult time plodding forward winging terrible punches en route to a clinch vs Holly Holm.

I still think Rousey wins but wouldn't be overly surprised if she doesn't.

And ftr I'd like Nunes to get the shot too, but she is only on a two fight win streak and was stopped only three fights ago by the person who put forth the worst title performance in UFC history.

why would Ronda have a tough time clinching with Holm? Pennington clinched up with Holm four times (in the first two rounds, I believe). Raquel P can grab ahold of Holm but Rousey cant? and while Holm's striking was cleaner, Pennington landed around the same amount of strikes.

I don't like Rousey but I don't know what you're seeing that I'm not that indicates that Ronda isn't going to dump her on her head and armbar her.

Holm-Reneau.gif

Ronda isn't a 38 year old single mom PE teacher...all due respect to Marion Reneau.

looks like Reneau clinched up with Holm at the end of that gif also...

Its not a good match up at all. I'm not sure why they're rushing Holm like that

It's a great win, I don't see anyone denying that.

There's no denying either that she's got fairly recent losses vs Zingano and D'Alelio. So again: there's nothing "clear" about her having deserved the shot. I don't see why that is even debatable.

Nothing is really clear when it comes to the UFC. Miesha is the only fighter on a streak of beating good fighters. Holm may be undefeated but that record is shoddy. All I'm saying is if Cormier AND Gus can get title fights immediately after losses, then I dont see why Nunes cant get one after lossing to a former title contender 2 fights ago and losing to someone almost 3 yrs ago in another organization.

The fight makes no sense. Even Greg Jackson said she wasn't ready before her last fight and that she needed more time. To say that Holm has been not tested with competition is an understatement. Her ground game cannot be even close to ready to facing the top 5 let alone the greatest female grappler to ever walk the earth.

Everyone complains that there is no competition in the division and no one deserves to fight RR. Im pretty sure Nunes beat Sara McMann, a legit competitor that fought for the belt. She clearly deserves it. It just shows you that Ronda gets what she wants.

I do believe the UFC and Ronda are going to do everything they can to cement her legacy. Truthfully she is far and above all the talent in the division right now. I don't think they are match making based on fear of her losing, it will be about maximizing profits and sales. Holm is another fighter that they can market the hell out of and sell to the casual Ronda loving public.

I can't wait to hear all about HH and her world class boxing skills just so Ronda can devastate her in about 30 seconds.

why would Ronda have a tough time clinching with Holm? Pennington clinched up with Holm four times (in the first two rounds, I believe). Raquel P can grab ahold of Holm but Rousey cant? and while Holm's striking was cleaner, Pennington landed around the same amount of strikes.

I don't like Rousey but I don't know what you're seeing that I'm not that indicates that Ronda isn't going to dump her on her head and armbar her.

Ronda isn't a 38 year old single mom PE teacher...all due respect to Marion Reneau.

looks like Reneau clinched up with Holm at the end of that gif also...[/
QUOTE]

You must've missed what I wrote under that gif

Rousey is the best womens grappler in the world? I was under the impression that she is an MMA and Judo fighter? ADCC would be a good thing for her to prove that...no?

greatest female grappler ever to walk the earth only got a bronze?

I make no claim that Rousey is the best female grappler ever. I know very little about female grappling worldwide.

But Rousey earned a bronze when she was 21 in a weight class in which she seemed quite puffy. She is hitting her athletic prime now. Had she stayed in Judo, she may well have fared better in 2012 and coming into 2016.

HH, 45 seconds to a minute thats it.

Rousey is the best womens grappler in the world? I was under the impression that she is an MMA and Judo fighter? ADCC would be a good thing for her to prove that...no?

Yep. Would be interesting to watch.

She would be an heavy, heavy favorite going in to the ADCC.

Everyone complains that there is no competition in the division and no one deserves to fight RR. Im pretty sure Nunes beat Sara McMann, a legit competitor that fought for the belt. She clearly deserves it. It just shows you that Ronda gets what she wants.

She lost in Judo..... shes the greatest female grappler in MMA history, def not walking the earth

Rampage Jackson after his debut fight against Marvin Eastman said he needed a couple more fights before he was ready for a title shot against Chuck Liddell ....UFC heard Jackson loud and clear by setting up a title shot against Chuck Liddell in his nxt fight .....rest is history:

ufc-topper.jpg

eh?? at no point in time that I remember does that sound like anything Rampage would say and why would he say it about someone ((Chuck)) that he had already mollywhooped in Pride?
was it an interview he said that in, if he did?

Back