Even Fedor haters have to admit that his decline was logical

Fedor was physically bigger once he was back in Russia & Japan, he was fighting pretty sub competition so it's hard to gauge. That said, it was pretty evident he was not the physical specimen he once was when he faced Bigfoot, Hendo & Werdum..lost a fair few pounds of muscle mass and his mind seemed elsewhere.

His religious motives and wife definitely had some sort of impact on his performance..he didn't look great against Rogers and he was completely outmatched against Bigfoot. But it's hard to gauge how good those guys were at that very time...Bigfoot obviously now isn't the same guy and Rogers is hard to tell, now he is complete journeyman...but at the time he gave Fedor one of his most competitive fights and destroyed AA in less than a minute.

No I didn't.

I finally expressed the situation as clearly as it gets. So STFU.

what i got from your pictures is that he kicked a pad once but then one day he sat down and suddenly instead of being a loner with a tacky trophy he was surrounded by lots of happy friends.

i'm so glad that he realised that achievements mean nothing if you have noone to share them with.

You know, I don't mind you kiki. You're a wild Fedor nuthugger but you're actually quite sensible. But bro, you need to realize not everyone has the same love for Fedor that you do.

Maybe join a Fedor fangroup or something.

giphy.gif

Interresting approach:)

Attack with relative kindness:p

But, the ZUFFA anti Fedor campaign produced a lot of garbage and f*cked up many little minds and I'm just working on educating every MMA fan about Fedor's true legacy. Because believe it or not. There is more to it than 3 straight losses. So much more.

So as long as there are people stupid enough to believe that his losses outweigh his wins, I'm going to be here reminding them, that this is not true.

I wrote my article about Fedor. It should be enough to understand just how awesome Fedor's career was. But haters gonna hate and I'm gonna set them straight.

Thank the haters for my threads.

If Fedor was given the respect that he deserves by everybody, then there would be no need for me to make these threads.

I'm defending Anderson too BTW.

I'm defending every great fighter who gets sh*t after a bad period in their career.

Fedor got religious

Silva got fluked

Fedor is still religious and Anderson is still Anderson if their flaws led to their demise then Fedor cannot comeback and be successful.

Fedor changed his approach after Hendo beat sense into him.

He was still religious, but at least he trained hard again, stopped fasting and actually used a gameplan.

That Rasputin lookin' dude was a bad influence.

If Fedor wants to have success again, he's gonna need to stop putting his faith in god's will for wins, and realize that even if god does exist, he sure as fuck doesn't give two shits about his followers being good at fighting.

Only Fedor through good training, game-planning and use of his second to none skills can ensure his wins. Swinging at the fences and hoping god will grant him a win is just foolhardy.

Fedor changed his approach after Hendo beat sense into him.

He was still religious, but at least he trained hard again, stopped fasting and actually used a gameplan.

What was his fasting schedule?

Tim Sylvia fight was his last legit performance...

i dont agree. Just because he had tougher fights after that doesnt mean they werent legit performances. Yes he was a mostly dominant fighter but that doesnt mean that just because he had a hard time doesnt mean it lessens him in some way. You can't ALLWAYS win easily. Truth is,hardly anything happened in the Arlovski fight until the last 10 seconds. Yes Arlovski found his range and effectivley countered Fedor for a few seconds...gosh in a mma fight wow!(sarcasm) fedor must have not been training at all for someone to actually land punches on him,must have been thinking too much about jesus at the time! good thing Satan told him to watch out for that flying knee.(/sarcasm)

Hasn't religion helped in violent endeavors from the dawn of time?

This is what happened:

This:

c8346f49f58cf7ac.jpg

sb.jpg

images

Turned into this:

5174.jpg

Which turned him from this:

Fedor-Emelianenko-pride-194x300.jpg

To being obsessed with religion and surrounded by useless yes men:

10254102_500779930022262_165111779_n.jpg
(I don't think non Fedor fans realise how very pissed off this photo is making me)

Of course he started losing.

No sane hater can argue against this points.

You have to realize this happens to anyone that achieves high levels of anything. You work extremely hard for the first ten years, reach your goals, then get content, a little bored, interested in other things. Not to mention older, which if you compete in combat sports is especially bad. All the while younger, hungrier, better trained people are coming for your spot.

I agree with you about being surrounded by yes men. However, you're pushing your own neuroses about religion and it's effect on his career. Ever notice that just about every single champion, in almost every endeavor, thanks god? That's because being the best requires an irrational belief in ones abilities, that may include believing God is giving you the strength to accomplish your goals. Now whether or not that's true isn't worth arguing, because it can't be proved either way. However the fact that a majority of people who achieve greatness believe that renders your point asinine.

Not until Anderson haters acknowledge that Anderson was 38 and goofing around when he finally lost. Or GSP haters acknowledge that he lost a step after surgery. Or Jones haters acknowledge that cocaine and car crashes have nothing to do with legacy.

Until then Fedor just lost bevause he was facing better comp.

Not until Anderson haters acknowledge that Anderson was 38 and goofing around when he finally lost. Or GSP haters acknowledge that he lost a step after surgery. Or Jones haters acknowledge that cocaine and car crashes have nothing to do with legacy.

Until then Fedor just lost bevause he was facing better comp.

The issue for me is that I simply don't think its as obvious to see decline in Anderson and GSP.

You look at the way Fedor physically and the difference is clear, you look at him technically and I think the difference is also clear, compared the Werdum and Nog fights or the Crocop and Bigfoot fights, the technique on display from him is clearly inferior in the latter matches. With Anderson the problem is that the "Matrix" hype made it very hard to see weaknesses behind the mask, very early UFC Anderson(around 06-08) fought differently but really he'd been fighting the way he fought The Chris for years beforehand. I don't see a massive physical dropoff with GSP either, he was still ribbed, pretty quick and had good cardio.

As I said in that recent threat the idea that Fedor was facing superior tests when he lost really doesn't stand up, previous he'd faced elite sub fighting, elite wrestling and very fast opponents with elite striking and he successfully confronted these skill sets head on rather than just avoiding them. He attacked Nog with GnP from top position, he held off Colemans wrestling until he was gased second time and swept Randleman, he outstruck Crocop, Arlovski, etc at range.

Anderson had never really faced someone like Weidman, a good wrestler who could threaten with subs/GnP and not give up any easy openings for them or counters standing. GSP had never really faced a wrestler with as evolved a standup game as Hendricks or Lawler and really no elite BJJ bar an undersized BJ who he didn't do a great deal to on the ground.

That's not to say they didn't dropoff a bit but ironically after all the UFC hype about Fedor being out evolved I think the case is MUCH stronger than its actually their two GOAT contenders of that era who were ultimately out evolved.

Last edited:
Not until Anderson haters acknowledge that Anderson was 38 and goofing around when he finally lost.

I don't think many people dispute that Anderson was 38 and goofing around.

The latter (at least) just wasn't the reason he lost.

I don't think many people dispute that Anderson was 38 and goofing around.

The latter (at least) just wasn't the reason he lost.

I've been described as an "Anderson nuthugger" and I freely admit that he fought a better fighter in Weidman. I don't see why that is so hard to accept. Especially when you see Weidman wrecking everyone else after beating the champ. It's like the torch was passed.

Why can't Fedor fans/nuthuggers accept his losses too?

OP comes off as an insecure Fedor nuthugger.

religious is only part of the problem. not giving a shit and training without taking into account that MMA progressed is a bigger problem.

This. He didn't update his training and he started fighting for paychecks (whatever it was he didn't have the same motivation as he did before).

Regardless he would've declined around that time either way. He'd taken hits and he relied on speed; a decline was imminent.

How much time does it take to read about religion?

How can you possibly know how much time Fedor spent daily on reading and going on pilgrimages?

He is a pro fighter literally he could read and pray for 6 hours a day and still have enough time to train its not like pros actually train 18 hours a day you don't need to do nothing but train all day every day.

He clearly focused on religion too much. He focused on family too. Once he put all of his energy into training and improvement.

Look. Cut the crap. Religion messed him up. Period.

religious is only part of the problem. not giving a shit and training without taking into account that MMA progressed is a bigger problem.

I agree, but the fact that he is willing to accept everything what God has ready for him, good or bad, with gratitude is very bad for his MMA career.

He should bite the head of his priest off after a loss, not f*cking thank God for it.

Fedor was physically bigger once he was back in Russia & Japan, he was fighting pretty sub competition so it's hard to gauge. That said, it was pretty evident he was not the physical specimen he once was when he faced Bigfoot, Hendo & Werdum..lost a fair few pounds of muscle mass and his mind seemed elsewhere.

His religious motives and wife definitely had some sort of impact on his performance..he didn't look great against Rogers and he was completely outmatched against Bigfoot. But it's hard to gauge how good those guys were at that very time...Bigfoot obviously now isn't the same guy and Rogers is hard to tell, now he is complete journeyman...but at the time he gave Fedor one of his most competitive fights and destroyed AA in less than a minute.

Rogers was a real deal back then and Fedor broke him.

Fedor was still in good shape vs Werdum and BF, but was in horrible shape vs Hendo. It wasn't his shape that lost him his fights though. He was in a good enough shape to win even though he was obviously not a his best. What ultimately lost him those fights was his fighting approach.

He rushed to get out of there.

Fedor used to be very patient and had no problem decisioning someone as long as he won.

Back